PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Manorville NY, Smokin At The Maples. Team list as of July 6

Pages : [1] 2

BBQchef33
07-06-2011, 01:03 PM
We are at 27 paid teams and 3 Reserves. Only a few spots left!

TNT Dynamite BBQ - Oceanside NY
B Ready Foods - Hauppauge NY
2 Fat Polacks - Manorville NY
Slower Lower BBQ - Milton DE
Black Caddy BBQ - LI, NY
I like Smoke N Lightening - Bayshore NY
Cousins BBQ - NY NY
Pigman And the Sounders - Glenrock NJ
Grim Reaper Smokers - Islip NY
Big Barry Q - West Islip NY
Smoke-in-da-eye(Featuring: The Spice Fairy)
Smoke 'N Barrel Competition BBQ Team
ZBQ
Smokin' Irish
Ma's Que Crew
Fat Guys and a Little Smoke
Out of The Ashes
Smokenstein & The Monster Crew
Babylon Grillbillies
Smokers Lounge BBQ
McFrankenboo BBQ
Grill Scouts
Cues your Daddy and the Teal Green Camaro Fan Club
Bad Ass Competition BBQ Team
ED-QUE-CATORS BBQ
Smokin Aces
Bogies Grill Hogs

Rules are in the cooks packet available on the website http://www.bbqbattleli.com (http://www.bbqbattleli.com)
Teams will also receive this and other instructions via email shortly.

(http://www.bbqbattleli.com)

BBQchef33
07-06-2011, 10:00 PM
i had 3 call in reservations tonight. It puts us at 31. We will be capping soon. No more than 35. Im going to the venue this week to lay out spots and may cap sooner. Anyone on the fence best decide soon. :-P

timzcardz
07-07-2011, 08:17 AM
We got some press today in Newsday!

BBQ BATTLE

Long Island (http://www.newsday.com/topics/Long_Island%2C_NY)'s longest-running barbecue competition, the Battle of the BBQ Brethren (now in its fifth year), will take place over the weekend of Aug. 6 and 7 at The Maples in Manorville (http://www.newsday.com/topics/Manorville%2C_NY). The weekend promises to be a blast, with live music, a car show, cooking demonstrations and barbecue for sale from competition sponsor RUB BBQ of Manhattan (said to soon be opening a satellite restaurant in East Meadow (http://www.newsday.com/topics/East_Meadow%2C_NY)).

Of course, the centerpiece of any competition is the cooking. On Sunday, teams will compete in a New York State championship in four categories: chicken, pork ribs, pork shoulder and brisket. Saturday, however, there's a bit of a free-for-all: a grilling competition open to any and all comers. Backyard warriors will have to turn in an appetizer, two "chef's choices" and a dessert. The top finishers will go head-to-head against a celebrity BBQ chef in an iron-chef-ish "mystery basket" shootout.

Entrance fees are $250 for the BBQ competition, $50 for grilling. All net proceeds of this event will be presented to the Make-A-Wish Foundation (http://www.newsday.com/topics/Make-A-Wish_Foundation) of Suffolk (http://www.newsday.com/topics/Suffolk_County%2C_NY). For more details and to download applications, go to bbqbattleli.com.

deez20
07-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Chubby Hubby just signed up today.

early mornin' smokin'
07-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Early Mornin' Smokin' just paid!

Frank Sacco
07-07-2011, 09:52 PM
I'm going to Traverse City Michigan to visit an old friend!!!

BBQchef33
07-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Miscount earlier... still 2, maybe 3 spots left.

32 paid teams. Cutting at 35.

I am laying out spots this weekend. if we can fit more, we will re-open.

BBQchef33
07-08-2011, 04:27 PM
We have 1 spot left to a 35 cutoff.

HOWEVER....

once the car show ends at 4-5PM on Saturday, we will have room for more teams. the grilling will be over, so it would be for the BBQ event only.

If anyone wants to enter and does not mind coming in late, we may be able to accommodate.

BBQchef33
07-08-2011, 06:52 PM
We are Full.

Official Team list will be posted in the morning after I check the PO box for anything that arrived yesterday. 2 new entries came in this morning, but to be fair, its first come first serve. (post marks and paypal dates)

speedrcer1
07-08-2011, 07:17 PM
We are Full.

Great news!
:thumb:

boogiesnap
07-08-2011, 08:17 PM
i'm interested in a late arrival entry.

my only concern would be my big cuts injections wouldn't have time to set.

any thoughts/suggestions?

i'm waiting on some checks to come my way soon:roll:, to finance the contest. poobah knows what i mean...:wink:

BBQchef33
07-08-2011, 08:40 PM
i'm waiting on some checks to come my way soon:roll:, to finance the contest. poobah knows what i mean...:wink:

Is troy paying 29 deep? :pound:

:becky:

boogiesnap
07-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Is troy paying 29 deep? :pound:

:becky:

that's farkin cold, man. cold.

with IQUE there it better be 30 deep! :rolleyes:

i'm working on a cherry dr. pepper recipe for this contest. any suggestions?

:fish:

:butt:

:behindsofa:

:grouphug:

motoeric
07-08-2011, 10:06 PM
i'm interested in a late arrival entry.
my only concern would be my big cuts injections wouldn't have time to set.
any thoughts/suggestions?

You're welcome to come early and hang out with the Grill Scouts.

The rules state that once inspected, your meat can't leave the contest site, but it doesn't say anything about the teams site. You can feel free to bring your cooler, have your meat inspected and do your injecting at our area.

I would clear it w/ Don and Leslie for the legalities, but you are welcome to join us.

Eric

boogiesnap
07-08-2011, 10:20 PM
wow, simply wow.

this community will never cease to amaze me.

thank you, sir.

as phil alluded to, i need to perform well at Troy to convince my "sponser" that adding another contest is workable for us, even though they aren't about $$(for us), just a great time, there is a piper to pay...

SmokeInDaEye
07-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Nice! I'd be interested to know how many of those teams have been in for every Battle, three towns and counting.

And to start off the trash talk, I'm thinking that after a grilling GC year one, a BBQ GC year 2, a 3rd place finish year 3, and a lost tie for RGC last year, I'm going for a GC in grilling AND a GC in barbecue. What say ya'll?

boogiesnap
07-08-2011, 10:42 PM
maybe if the contest was in greenwich.

BBQchef33
07-08-2011, 10:43 PM
i say did ya talk to kingsford for us yet?

SmokeInDaEye
07-08-2011, 10:59 PM
maybe if the contest was in greenwich.

Ah yes, I forgot that I won that little greenwich thing. What would Myron Mixon say???

Phil, still talking with kingsford to see what they can do but aside from product, the process is snail slow. I have a basement full of bbq sauce if we want to do gift baskets or something.

boogiesnap
07-08-2011, 11:16 PM
maybe that you cooked your chicken UNDER fire instead of OVER.

:icon_smile_tongue:

SmokeInDaEye
07-08-2011, 11:35 PM
maybe that you cooked your chicken UNDER fire instead of OVER.

:icon_smile_tongue:

Snap! What about chicken, brisket or pork cooked using an offset cooker? We actually finished all of our chicken over direct flame in Greenwich. You got to know the flame in order to own the flame...:boxing::clap2:

And although we are playing around, everyone should be clear that I have never used plug in smokers, pellet powered cookers or fan enhancers to do what I do. Come to cook.

Smoker'sLoungeBBQ
07-09-2011, 04:34 AM
Nice! I'd be interested to know how many of those teams have been in for every Battle, three towns and counting.

This will be out 5th BotBB. Hopefully it will be our second that we stay dry.

boogiesnap
07-09-2011, 06:53 AM
Snap! What about chicken, brisket or pork cooked using an offset cooker? We actually finished all of our chicken over direct flame in Greenwich. You got to know the flame in order to own the flame...:boxing::clap2:

And although we are playing around, everyone should be clear that I have never used plug in smokers, pellet powered cookers or fan enhancers to do what I do. Come to cook.

:thumb:

i really was just playing.

it's the cook, not the cooker.

Sledneck
07-09-2011, 07:42 AM

And to start off the trash talk, I'm thinking that after a grilling GC year one, a BBQ GC year 2, a 3rd place finish year 3, and a lost tie for RGC last year, I'm going for a GC in grilling AND a GC in barbecue. What say ya'll?
So impressive that you have dominated a contest that has been mostly once a year competitors :rolleyes::becky:

Sawdustguy
07-09-2011, 09:45 AM

I don't see a grilling GC for you this year at the BOTBB. The Polocks have a secret weapon this year for Grilling and I would be very afraid if I were you. You may have beat Myron but you ain't gonna beat Kyle. He is now a Johnson and Wales classically trained chef and he wants you Clint. You can run but you can't hide, he's coming for you Clint Cantwell. How's that for trash talk? :thumb:

Sledneck
07-09-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm putting my money on kyle

Sledneck
07-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Does anybody own a golf cart that they can lend to the event for the weekend? If not,, maybe a quad/gator/ranger etc?

SmokeInDaEye
07-09-2011, 10:04 PM
So impressive that you have dominated a contest that has been mostly once a year competitors :rolleyes::becky:

I'm a once a year (kcbs) competitor. You saying we aren't as good at cooking as you multi-weekend cookers, sled?

SmokeInDaEye
07-09-2011, 10:09 PM
I don't see a grilling GC for you this year at the BOTBB. The Polocks have a secret weapon this year for Grilling and I would be very afraid if I were you. You may have beat Myron but you ain't gonna beat Kyle. He is now a Johnson and Wales classically trained chef and he wants you Clint. You can run but you can't hide, he's coming for you Clint Cantwell. How's that for trash talk? :thumb:

My money too is on Kyle. I have followed his run to culinary fame and can't wait to see what he brings to the table.

Sledneck
07-09-2011, 10:30 PM
I'm a once a year (kcbs) competitor. You saying we aren't as good at cooking as you multi-weekend cookers, sled?

Haha I'm probably cooking less than you this year

SmokeInDaEye
07-09-2011, 11:09 PM
Haha I'm probably cooking less than you this year

Motoeric and the girl scouts cook more than us sled. :)

Anchors Smokeshop
07-09-2011, 11:33 PM

Johnson and Wales my ass. They got nothin on the Culinary Academy of Long Island!

motoeric
07-10-2011, 01:29 PM
Motoeric and the girl scouts cook more than us sled. :)

The Grill Scouts have never cooked in a KCBS event.

Eric

Anchors Smokeshop
07-10-2011, 04:03 PM
Is anyone planning on using their propane grill for the grilling contest?

Smokenstein & monster crew
07-10-2011, 06:33 PM
The car show saturday
Grillin contest saturday
coinkidink ??
I think you guys have to cook on the hood of a car ??

07-10-2011, 06:36 PM

this shall be my once a year, & fourth ever........
but got a fancy new logo & name, banners on the way
so I'll look all professional :becky:

SmokeInDaEye
07-10-2011, 07:08 PM

Racist.

Sledneck
07-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Racist.

:becky: I have been getting reports that my statement has rubbed quite a few people the wrong way. :rolleyes:

SmokeInDaEye
07-11-2011, 10:36 AM
:becky: I have been getting reports that my statement has rubbed quite a few people the wrong way. :rolleyes:

That's a first. Welcome to the rodeo.

biggs98
07-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Are we able to set up on friday night?

timzcardz
07-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Are we able to set up on friday night?

Are you able to download and read the cooks packet?

biggs98
07-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Yeah

Westexbbq
07-11-2011, 11:32 AM
FYI,
Check-in time begins 6AM Saturday and be must be done by 10:30. Early Arrival is setup for Friday evening 5 to 11. If u arrive after 11 and no contest person is there to give you your assigned spot, please wait until morning to unload. Water and electric goes on Saturday morning. Lots are approximately 20X20 with many back up to a tree line. Premium spots are 30X20 or larger. All lots will be pre-assigned and you will be directed upon check-in. Unless it fits IN YOUR SPOT, vehicles must be removed from spots after unloading and parked in the competitors’ area a short walk from your site. If you have any concerns, please let us know as soon as possible. We will try to accommodate any requests, but we can't offer any guarantees.

Info and downloads available at www.bbqbattleli.com

SmokeInDaEye
07-11-2011, 03:50 PM
I can't wait to try the burgers at this joint. The review says they are huge AND cooked.

"Really good bar food at awesome prices. The burger I got was huge and cooked ..."

Sledneck
07-11-2011, 04:49 PM
I can't wait to try the burgers at this joint. The review says they are huge AND cooked.

"Really good bar food at awesome prices. The burger I got was huge and cooked ..."

Was there yesterday laying out the site spots, we did not eat but Willie and I agreed that the long Ireland Celtic ale was very cold and refreshing. They did have a sign behind the bar advertising pulled pork sandwich

MikeR
07-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Was there yesterday laying out the site spots, we did not eat but Willie and I agreed that the long Ireland Celtic ale was very cold and refreshing. They did have a sign behind the bar advertising pulled pork sandwich
Celtic Ale is one of my favorites.

Sledneck
07-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Celtic Ale is one of my favorites.

My new favorite, the brewery tasting room in river head will be open in about a week. They also will have beer truck on site the entire contest weekend that will have the Celtic, pale ale, stout and I think a raspberry

MikeR
07-11-2011, 07:39 PM
My new favorite, the brewery tasting room in river head will be open in about a week. They also will have beer truck on site the entire contest weekend that will have the Celtic, pale ale, stout and I think a raspberry

Not a big fan of pale ale- I'll take the stout or celtic, and you can keep any beer that has a fruity taste- IMO. But definitely looking forward to a weekend of celtic ale. Thanks for the heads up.

07-11-2011, 07:48 PM
What was once a contest that almost got lost in the dust this year, to have come around to this event that has grown more legs with each day

kudos to all involved in prepping this event :clap2::clap2:

Beer truck, sweet..... & huge cooked burgers :shocked:

Sledneck
07-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Not a big fan of pale ale- I'll take the stout or celtic, and you can keep any beer that has a fruity taste- IMO. But definitely looking forward to a weekend of celtic ale. Thanks for the heads up.

I only drink the celtic

BBQchef33
07-11-2011, 10:08 PM
does anyone have access to these things? or anything like it we can use to protect the electrical and water lines that cross the lanes? ?

http://www.zjeastsea.com/en/newpic_7/2-channel-cable-protector-car.jpg

Sledneck
07-11-2011, 10:10 PM
What was once a contest that almost got lost in the dust this year, to have come around to this event that has grown more legs with each day

kudos to all involved in prepping this event :clap2::clap2:

Beer truck, sweet..... & huge cooked burgers :shocked:

For those that are not familiar with the venue It will FAR exceed your expectations

Sledneck
07-11-2011, 10:12 PM
does anyone have access to these things? or anything like it we can use to protect the electrical and water lines that cross the lanes? ?

http://www.zjeastsea.com/en/newpic_7/2-channel-cable-protector-car.jpg

I'm sure we can hit up a mall parking lot. And get as many Honda rims as you'd like. :wink:

SmokeInDaEye
07-12-2011, 08:44 AM
I have a Honda.

Cue's Your Daddy
07-12-2011, 09:05 AM
Awesome sled.........

ique
07-12-2011, 05:20 PM
I'm in for this one. Looking forward to it... is it worth the $ to take the ferry?

Sledneck
07-12-2011, 06:34 PM
I'm in for this one. Looking forward to it... is it worth the $ to take the ferry?

Absolutely!

07-12-2011, 09:13 PM
I have a Honda.
Maybe we can park your car over the water & electric ??

Anchors Smokeshop
07-12-2011, 10:21 PM

Celtic ale AND a tv celebrity?! This really is turning into the event of the summer!

Frank Sacco
07-12-2011, 10:28 PM

Once off the ferry in Orient Point you'd be around a 30-40 minute ride to the Maples.

early mornin' smokin'
07-13-2011, 07:56 AM
i'd say it's more like an Hour, but well worth it! BTW, the long ireland guys have been telling everybody they'll be open in 2 weeks for about 4 months now. Peeked in there the other day and they weren't even close. Nice guys, great beer, but a little over promised and under delivered on the actual opening of the new brewery location.

Sawdustguy
07-13-2011, 09:25 AM
i'd say it's more like an Hour, but well worth it! BTW, the long ireland guys have been telling everybody they'll be open in 2 weeks for about 4 months now. Peeked in there the other day and they weren't even close. Nice guys, great beer, but a little over promised and under delivered on the actual opening of the new brewery location.

I make Manorville to Orient Point taking Sound Avenue in 40 minutes. If you take the route through Riverhead it will take a lot longer.

SmokeInDaEye
07-13-2011, 10:33 AM

Are you the TV celebrity?

Cue's Your Daddy
07-13-2011, 10:38 AM
I am bringing famous dave. The Ique Kryptonite

ique
07-13-2011, 10:58 AM
Are you the TV celebrity?

I leave that for you to decide. I specialize in cooking barbecue, not self promotion. I see from earlier in this thread you are pretty good at that, let me know when you are teaching a class. :boxing:

SmokeInDaEye
07-13-2011, 11:15 AM
I leave that for you to decide. I specialize in cooking barbecue, not self promotion. I see from earlier in this thread you are pretty good at that, let me know when you are teaching a class. :boxing:

Waaaaaapooooow! I ain't teaching a class but am looking forward to getting schooled by you.

ique
07-13-2011, 11:24 AM
Waaaaaapooooow! I ain't teaching a class but am looking forward to getting schooled by you.

The team you need to look out for IMO is McFrankenboo

SmokeInDaEye
07-13-2011, 11:40 AM

Can't wait. Let the rains begin!

Mrs. McFrankenboo
07-13-2011, 01:22 PM

Hey now, don't be dragging us into this fight! :-P We're going to New England for a family reunion and thought, "what the hell, it's only a few hundred miles out of the way, let's hit a KCBS contest while we're out there!" Looking forward to this one and meeting some of the the names we see but have never met!

SmokeInDaEye
07-13-2011, 01:29 PM
Hey now, don't be dragging us into this fight! :-P We're going to New England for a family reunion and thought, "what the hell, it's only a few hundred miles out of the way, let's hit a KCBS contest while we're out there!" Looking forward to this one and meeting some of the the names we see but have never met!

Can't wait to meet ya'll too. Aside from the weather contests on Long Island are always a blast!

ique
07-13-2011, 01:32 PM

I'll bring the Harpoon :)

MikeR
07-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Sounds like it is shaping up to be some battle- :thumb: So who's planning on setting up Friday?

Mrs. McFrankenboo
07-13-2011, 02:32 PM
I'll bring the Harpoon :)

You had me at Harpoon!

Smoker'sLoungeBBQ
07-13-2011, 02:56 PM
We'll be setting up Friday night. And Clint, don't even start with the rain...we're 0 for 1 so far with the August contest, don't jinx it. On that subject though, we were talking the other night, what do you think was worse, Sayville '09 or Willie '11?

Anchors Smokeshop
07-13-2011, 03:38 PM
We'll be setting up Friday night. And Clint, don't even start with the rain...we're 0 for 1 so far with the August contest, don't jinx it. On that subject though, we were talking the other night, what do you think was worse, Sayville '09 or Willie '11?

We'll be setting up on Friday night as well.
I wasn't at BOTB '09, but I'm willing to bet the weather at Willie '11 was worse.:rain:

scm1226
07-13-2011, 03:40 PM
Both were crazy wet. I do think the Noah showed up with the Arc at both. But Willies 2011, those ez ups were flying like kites, don't remember that at BoBB in '09.
We are going to sweat like hogs heading to the slaughter house this year.
It's going to be Great!!!! What type of Irish whiskey does The Maple sell? That's a true sign of a good bar.

biggs98
07-13-2011, 03:48 PM
Willie'11 and BOTB 09 were both bad but I think BOTB 09 takes it by a little bit cause of the mud and grass factor.....Let's hope if it rains it's only over Clint's setup:laugh:

Although we had noisy neighbors at Willie'11...Those Smokin Irish sure do get rowdy...:becky:

SmokeInDaEye
07-13-2011, 03:56 PM

I would say BOTBB '09 but I was also fighting a cold at that one. And I had a river in my site that year.

Let's compare:

Battle 2009
YouTube - ‪Competition BBQ in the Rain‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOqlDEkj-UQ)

Williepallooza 2011
YouTube - ‪Competition BBQ in the Rain‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdNEpUiAlgg)

SmokeInDaEye
07-13-2011, 04:01 PM
And don't forget BOTBB '08. That was a crazy storm coupled with a certain site fire.

MikeR
07-13-2011, 04:01 PM
Willie'11 and BOTB 09 were both bad but I think BOTB 09 takes it by a little bit cause of the mud and grass factor.....Let's hope if it rains it's only over Clint's setup:laugh:

Although we had noisy neighbors at Willie'11...Those Smokin Irish sure do get rowdy...:becky:

Hey- I take offense to this, I smoke cigars and I'm Irish. Please try to practice a little PC. Thanks.

Just kidding- I'm proud of my abilities.

scm1226
07-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Just trying to fit all those stereotypes!:becky:

Sawdustguy
07-13-2011, 04:30 PM
Just trying to fit all those stereotypes!:becky:

Don't say anything about the Polocks from Manorville either.:wink:

scm1226
07-13-2011, 04:48 PM
^^^ that's on another post.

Sledneck
07-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Don't say anything about the Polocks from Manorville either.:wink:

Polish BBQ, there has to be a joke in there somewhere:wink:

SmokeInDaEye
07-13-2011, 05:11 PM
I heard 13th place chicken this year comes with a lap dance by the topless retiree.

Sledneck
07-13-2011, 05:21 PM
I heard 13th place chicken this year comes with a lap dance by the topless retiree.

Contract dispute so it isn't gonna happen but we have an even better and much more exciting new development.

This year the sledneck memorial 13th place chicken payout will be 1300

Try striving for that, much harder than winning first ............

Sawdustguy
07-13-2011, 06:04 PM
Contract dispute so it isn't gonna happen but we have an even better and much more exciting new development.

This year the sledneck memorial 13th place chicken payout will be 1300

Try striving for that, much harder than winning first ............

Hmmmmmm. 1300? It that your new weight? You will kill someone trying to give them a lap dance Steve.:doh::wink:

07-13-2011, 07:18 PM
All i know is this, If clint does not bring his honda the power & water supply will be completely screwed up
& so please bring the honda, if you dont..we could have a problem with huge burgers not being cooked :-P

Cant wait to make some new friends, show them judges new recipes, & check out those lapdances

07-13-2011, 07:22 PM
Sounds like it is shaping up to be some battle- :thumb: So who's planning on setting up Friday?
be there friday....see ya there?

SmokeInDaEye
07-13-2011, 07:52 PM

I'll be there Friday as well.

CBQ
07-13-2011, 11:37 PM
And don't forget BOTBB '08. That was a crazy storm coupled with a certain site fire.

Save the meat! Save the meat!

MikeR
07-14-2011, 05:20 AM

I'll be there- I am still deciding if I'll stay over or head back in the AM. Leaning towards staying over.

Sawdustguy
07-14-2011, 06:10 AM
Michele will be there on Friday. I will be flying back from a business trip and getting in at about 8:00pm Friday night.

07-14-2011, 08:18 PM
I'll be there- I am still deciding if I'll stay over or head back in the AM. Leaning towards staying over.
I may or may not stay fri night as well, but will be set up
I am not grilling this year, so little less of the craziness

Smokin J
07-14-2011, 11:01 PM
I think we'll be out there on friday too, maybe not to stay though. I would like to if I could get my stuff together early enough.

SmokeInDaEye
07-15-2011, 05:02 PM
I can't find all of those other threads but I got stuff for gift bags today, Eric. Let me know if I should bring with or if you all need it in advance.

Anchors Smokeshop
07-17-2011, 09:25 AM
Clean and ready for battle!

07-17-2011, 09:49 AM
Lookin good.....shine shine shine
Did you ever see my smoker ???
Oh its been to battle alright, at mad max's thunderdome

Anchors Smokeshop
07-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Lookin good.....shine shine shine
Did you ever see my smoker ???
Oh its been to battle alright, at mad max's thunderdome

No, I haven't seen it. Post a picture!
I spent a few hours giving the Weber family a good scrubbing yesterday.

boogiesnap
07-17-2011, 10:22 PM

you better get 'em dirty practicing. :becky:

i'm gonna try and get in.:boxing:

phil, i'll PM you tomorrow.

everytime i came by today to say hi you were so darn busy. :becky::rolleyes:

i didn't want to interupt.

Smokin' Aces
07-18-2011, 09:47 AM
pretty excited about this contest as it will prob be the last one for a while for us

Mrs. Sawdust
07-19-2011, 08:20 AM
In case I missed anyone with the e-mail, here is a copy of the Pot Luck Dinner Invite. If I did miss you with the e-mail PM me your RSVP. Thanks.

************************************************** ***************************************
Hi All!

Well, our event is only a few short weeks away and we want to organize a Pot Luck Dinner for the teams Saturday Evening. The Pot luck dinners are a great way for the new teams to meet the "old timers" and for us "old timers" a great chance to catch up with friends. So, needless to say we hope everyone will participate.

For starters, we would like to find out who would like to participate and what dish you would like to make. We are looking for an assortment of Salads, Main Dishes, Sides and Deserts. Please e-mail me back and let us know your intentions. As RSVPs come in, if we appear to be getting a very one sided dinner ( Example- all sides or all deserts) we may come back and suggest you bring something else.

Please let me know by July 27th if you are participating and what you are bringing. I will e-mail everyone back by July 29 with a list of participants and our "menu".

Hope to see everyone there!!

Yours In Smoke,
Guy and Michele Kowalski
Two Fat Polocks BBQ Team

scm1226
07-19-2011, 09:40 AM
Sounds Great!! I will talk to the Guys and send you a PM!!

Anchors Smokeshop
07-20-2011, 08:44 AM
Why is this thread so dead? Where is all the smack talk?

BBQchef33
07-20-2011, 08:55 AM
well, for one.... IM kinda busy ..:)

Sledneck
07-20-2011, 08:58 AM
Cause clint is gonna win it all, just ask him

speedrcer1
07-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Cause clint is gonna win it all, just ask him
And I won't be there to film it. Darn!
:mad:

Cue's Your Daddy
07-20-2011, 09:19 AM

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/usa/images-5/fat-guy-on-beach.jpg

Phils been hitting the beach.... SUNS out GUNS out

Westexbbq
07-20-2011, 09:32 AM
Sunscreen alert,

deal with the porta potty provider secured as of yesterday, Phil check your opt email for a copy of the logo to use for flyers etc..

boogiesnap
07-20-2011, 09:32 AM
:shock:

07-20-2011, 11:43 AM
:boxing::clap2::crazy: Let the hype, trash talk, craziness rollin'

Anchors Smokeshop
07-20-2011, 12:33 PM
Can you wttach that flyer as a word or pdf attachment so we can print it out?

Sawdustguy
07-20-2011, 12:38 PM

I don't know if you want that copy the dates and days are FUBAR

Anchors Smokeshop
07-20-2011, 01:16 PM
I don't know if you want that copy the dates and days are FUBAR

Whats wrong with them? The dates say August 6th and 7th.

BBQchef33
07-20-2011, 01:28 PM
i think he thinks the times are dates... Sat 10-7PM Sunday 10-6PM

:wacko:

Yakfishingfool
07-20-2011, 01:39 PM

whine whine whine...sheesh!!!!

Hope the goody bags are full of good schwag!

Yakfishingfool
07-20-2011, 01:42 PM
By the way, this is my first competition to lead as a pitmaster and I have essentially a non experienced team to compete with so don't have those super high expectations for us. My usual team mate isn't competing and quite frankly I think he does things when I'm not looking. As a heads up I am covering the brethren trailer in shiny objects....everyone can stand around and enjoy the fun ;)

motoeric
07-20-2011, 02:21 PM
Scott,

Queer Eye for the BBQ Guy seems to do better without Will and Blazzin Nuttz kicks ass without Frank, so maybe Phil has been holding you back.

Eric

BBQchef33
07-20-2011, 02:38 PM
By the way, this is my first competition to lead as a pitmaster and I have essentially a non experienced team to compete with so don't have those super high expectations for us. My usual team mate isn't competing and quite frankly I think he does things when I'm not looking. As a heads up I am covering the brethren trailer in shiny objects....everyone can stand around and enjoy the fun ;)

oh.. i think i forgot to tell you... :doh:

we need the trailer for storage in case of snow during the contest. One cant't be too careful ya know. You will be competing in a pup tent with a bridge table, plastic knife and a 5 gallon bucket.

:pound:

Yakfishingfool
07-20-2011, 02:43 PM
I love a challenge...Calling Sacco...Need horse trailer. (whhhhiiinnnyyyyyy)

SmokeInDaEye
07-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Can't wait. I just got the hole repaired in my bouncy castle and am adding a BBQ sauce slip and slide!

Westexbbq
07-20-2011, 03:14 PM

Yeah and the August sun always gets in my eyes, and
I might trip on a rock,
stupid rock.........

07-20-2011, 04:24 PM
If you right click your mouse, save picture as, then print it out from where ever you put the picture and you should have it, let me know if a problem comes up...

Dates thing :shocked: was funny :tape:

07-20-2011, 04:40 PM
Round two, ding ding

This was 11" x 17"
squeezed down to 8 x 11 to fit on forum post.....so it may look squished a tad

BigBarry
07-20-2011, 09:50 PM

We are going set up the carport, maybe the whole site and stay. Or just return in the am with the rest of the stuff. Depends on the weather.

BigBarry
07-20-2011, 09:55 PM

WP2011 scared the hell out of us. I have never been so nervous about weather since New Paltz's micro-burst tornado in 2007.

BigBarry
07-20-2011, 10:01 PM
http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/usa/images-5/fat-guy-on-beach.jpg

Phils been hitting the beach.... SUNS out GUNS out

And IQue's bringin' a harpoon!! Look out Phil!! Me and Willie, too!!!

motoeric
07-20-2011, 10:36 PM
WP2011 scared the hell out of us. I have never been so nervous about weather since New Paltz's micro-burst tornado in 2007.

If it wasn't for Big Barry Que and the folks from Queer Eye for the BBQ Guy, WilliePallooza may have been my first and last contest. That rain was MISERABLE.

Eric

MilitantSquatter
07-23-2011, 05:52 PM
Anyone have any additional info about the car show ?

Sledneck
07-23-2011, 06:32 PM

I will be waxing the barbie lamboghini b4 i come down if that helps

Yakfishingfool
07-23-2011, 07:04 PM
I will be waxing the barbie lamboghini b4 i come down if that helps

Amongst other things I bet ;)

07-24-2011, 05:06 PM
Lets bring the matchbox cars out....
They have that five foot raceway that sets up in minutes.....

Sledneck
07-25-2011, 08:10 AM
Bit early but as of right now if the current prediction holds it will be sunny mid 80's all weekend

SmokeInDaEye
07-25-2011, 01:08 PM

Yep, they'll be showing cars.

scm1226
07-26-2011, 10:22 AM
Drove by the contest site this past weekend. Great looking place. Nice JOB guys!! It was to early to try one of those huge cooked burgers! Maybe next time.

Smoke N' Barrel- make sure you bring your own damn foil this time :heh:
Chubby Hubby- make sure you bring the end of that extension cord so we can borrow it again.:laugh:
Smokin' Aces- Bring enough Apple Juice for the rest of us.
Can't wait, this is going to be a great contest!!!
SMACK!!!

Anchors Smokeshop
07-26-2011, 11:13 AM

I've already putchased the giant roll from Restaurant Depot! Just make sure you keep the bar stocked in case Uncle Lenny stops by.

scm1226
07-26-2011, 11:15 AM
No problem with that!

SmokeInDaEye
07-26-2011, 11:57 AM
Are we supposed to feed the Pollacks junkie at the potluck?

Sawdustguy
07-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Are we supposed to feed the Pollacks junkie at the potluck?

If he shows up, just make sure you are available to save us again.:thumb::-D

biggs98
07-27-2011, 02:32 PM
Drove by the contest site this past weekend. Great looking place. Nice JOB guys!! It was to early to try one of those huge cooked burgers! Maybe next time.

Chubby Hubby- make sure you bring the end of that extension cord so we can borrow it again.:laugh:
Smokin' Aces- Bring enough Apple Juice for the rest of us.
Can't wait, this is going to be a great contest!!!
SMACK!!!

Good thing you reminded me, I'll put in it the bag right now!:thumb:

Anchors Smokeshop
07-28-2011, 06:02 AM
Can i get some clarification on the grilling contest? The chefs packet says that propane is allowed. Does this mean that we can bring a big propane grill and do all of the grilling on that?
In the past propane was an acceptable heating source, but not cooking source. Why has this changed?
The fun and challenging part of a grilling contest is to do all of the grilling using a charcoal bbq, not a propane bbq.
I will be doing all of my grilling using a charcoal bbq.
What are your thoughts about propane bbq grilling?

Mrs. Sawdust
07-28-2011, 07:35 AM
Well, the Pot Luck Dinner is shaping up to be a good one. If you want to join us please let me know - The more the merrier!!. So far here's the list of "Yes's"-

Smoke In Da Eye - Layered Salad
Ed-Que-Cators - TBA
Eric Devlin - smoked saurbraten
RxCellent-Q - roasted pepper, artichoke and sun dried tomatos or a mixed tomato and grilled onion salad.
The Smoke-N-Barrel BBQ - Hot Wings
Big Barry Q - Pasta
McFrankenboo BBQ - Desert
Two Fat Polocks - TBA

Let us know if you want to join us.

Michele

Sledneck
07-28-2011, 07:52 AM
Can i get some clarification on the grilling contest? The chefs packet says that propane is allowed. Does this mean that we can bring a big propane grill and do all of the grilling on that?
In the past propane was an acceptable heating source, but not cooking source. Why has this changed?
The fun and challenging part of a grilling contest is to do all of the grilling using a charcoal bbq, not a propane bbq.

I LOVE cooking on my gas grill. No fuss turn the knob and go. The infrared searing burner is even better. I recently started using grill grates bars and it's even better.

FYI grill grates donated a few sets that are gonna be raffled off at the contest. They are worth $80 ea so ge your raffle tickets!

Sledneck
07-28-2011, 07:54 AM
Well, the Pot Luck Dinner is shaping up to be a good one. If you want to join us please let me know - The more the merrier!!. So far here's the list of "Yes's"-

Ed-Que-Cators - TBA
RxCellent-Q - roasted pepper, artichoke and sun dried tomatos or a mixed tomato and grilled onion salad.
Big Barry Q - Pasta
Two Fat Polocks - TBA

Michele
Sledneck: Croatian Sensation Ćevapčići

Cue's Your Daddy
07-28-2011, 08:16 AM

I understood it as you rmain part of the dish has to be cooked on a charcoal grill but any type of sauce, side or anything else can be heated up using a propane source

Sledneck
07-28-2011, 08:18 AM
Does anybody else here use an iPad? I tried to open the rules PDF but it doesn't open past page one. Just curious if it's just me

tugbone
07-28-2011, 08:25 AM
Babylon Grillbillies will bring a tray of sausage and peppers.

Ed-Que-Cators - TBA
Big Barry Q - Pasta
Two Fat Polocks - TBA

Michele

Anchors Smokeshop
07-28-2011, 08:55 AM
I understood it as you rmain part of the dish has to be cooked on a charcoal grill but any type of sauce, side or anything else can be heated up using a propane source

That's kind of why i asked for clarification. I didn't get that from reading the chefs packet.
I'm going to get Uncle Lenny boozed up on Cutty Sark and have him cut the line from the tank to the grill if we see anyone grilling on a propane grill. (Starting with Sled and his infrared grill.)

trohrs123
07-28-2011, 09:03 AM
Does anybody else here use an iPad? I tried to open the rules PDF but it doesn't open past page one. Just curious if it's just me
same thing happened to me...not sure whats going on

Mrs. Sawdust
07-28-2011, 09:04 AM

I have the same problem.

SmokeInDaEye
07-28-2011, 09:10 AM
I'm boiling everything for the grilling contest.

BBQchef33
07-28-2011, 09:16 AM
For the NEBS grilling contest propane grills are allowed. The contest has minimal restrictions and is more anything goes( within reason)

For Kcbs bbq contest the propane grill is not allowed.

Sent from my Droidx using tapatalk and thats probably why the typing is worse than usual.

Sledneck
07-28-2011, 09:22 AM
For the NEBS grilling contest propane grills are allowed. The contest has minimal restrictions and is more of anything goes( within reason)

For Kcbs bbq contest the propane grill is not allowed.

Sent from my Droidx using tapatalk and thats probably why the typing is worse than usual.

When can you come over to help me bring my grill island from the back of the house then?

SmokeInDaEye
07-28-2011, 09:26 AM
BTW, I just spoke to the surprise celebrity chef and she's really excited.

scm1226
07-28-2011, 09:43 AM
I thought it was going to be Phil. I mean with his new found fame of being on Newday.com cooking those steaks.
I guess I was wrong!!

BBQchef33
07-28-2011, 10:18 AM
When can you come over to help me bring my grill island from the back of the house then?

August 8th. :thumb:

SmokeInDaEye
07-28-2011, 10:20 AM
I thought it was going to be Phil. I mean with his new found fame of being on Newday.com cooking those steaks.
I guess I was wrong!!

He's gotten too big for us LI folks. I tried to do a feature on him for Grilling.com but his agent declined.

Anchors Smokeshop
07-28-2011, 10:36 AM

OMG... I hope its Paula Deen!

Westexbbq
07-28-2011, 10:43 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No No Please No a thousand times no!

07-28-2011, 11:07 AM
Revised flyer, & just a thought.

Phil is working tremendously hard on this event..just spoke with him
While its all fun & games, the guy(lady) is working his breasts off :heh:

He's really working on getting a really big turnout, & this is a thought.
I am attatching the final revised flyer with times/dates/etc
If you can print the attached flyer & maybe stick it up in your local
post office, food market, home depot or where ever you can think, or print up a couple...Remember, its for a good cause, us, phil & especially
"THE MAKE A WISH FOUNDATION" & the children it helps :clap2::clap2:

Food for thought...:mod:

tugbone
07-28-2011, 11:28 AM
My daughter is a Make A Wish child is great what they do for sick children.

motoeric
07-28-2011, 11:29 AM
OMG... I hope its Paula Deen!

I don't know how she'll be doing her famous bacon wrapped butter poached in butter on a grill, but good luck to her.

Eric

boogiesnap
07-28-2011, 11:34 AM
butter poached butter......:faint:

Sledneck
07-28-2011, 12:43 PM

Not cool, nancee told me to keep quiet about it and that she wasn't gonna tell anybody else:twisted:

boogiesnap
07-28-2011, 12:45 PM
c'mon, even i know it's martha stewart!

Anchors Smokeshop
07-28-2011, 01:10 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No No Please No a thousand times no!

How about Giada?

SmokeInDaEye
07-28-2011, 01:22 PM
I was sworn to secrecy but what I can say is that the best way to get sanctioned as a state qualifier is by inviting the Governor's gal pal to be a celebrity guest...

scm1226
07-28-2011, 02:23 PM
I was sworn to secrecy but what I can say is that the best way to get sanctioned as a state qualifier is by inviting the Governor's gal pal to be a celebrity guest...

Does that mean we have to worry about tablescapes? Crap

Sawdustguy
07-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Not cool, nancee told me to keep quiet about it and that she wasn't gonna tell anybody else:twisted:

I hope she keeps her cloths on.:shocked:

Mrs. McFrankenboo
07-28-2011, 06:53 PM

Will she be making cocktails with her meal as well!!?? :-P

Mrs. Sawdust
07-28-2011, 07:57 PM
Will there be a Midnight Mass this year featuring the Reverend Willie B?

speedrcer1
07-28-2011, 08:35 PM
The more posts I read the more bummed I won't be there.
For that reason I hope the "Barefoot Contessa" is the special guest!:doh:
Good Smoking Luck all!

Sledneck
07-28-2011, 08:40 PM
The more posts I read the more bummed I won't be there.
For that reason I hope the "Barefoot Contessa" is the special guest!:doh:
Good Smoking Luck all!
Why you ditching us then?

BBQchef33
07-28-2011, 10:46 PM
electric is in... After checkign the high voltage cable that was laying in the tree line last year.. we noticed some complete idiot must have either laid a hot pan, or threw hot coals on the cable, and melted it down tot he wire. How can someone look down, see heavy gauge 4 wire going to the circuit panles and say "hey! lets melt the cable!"... WTF...

so spent the last 2 days building and installing 'phone poles' to get the wires in the air and out of the way..

tomorrow we run the water lines. Putting the main feeds below ground. The owner of the maples is already preparing for next year. ! anyone hears me volunteering for this.. shoot me!

timzcardz
07-29-2011, 07:16 AM
electric is in... After checkign the high voltage cable that was laying in the tree line last year.. we noticed some complete idiot must have either laid a hot pan, or threw hot coals on the cable, and melted it down tot he wire. How can someone look down, see heavy gauge 4 wire going to the circuit panles and say "hey! lets melt the cable!"... WTF...

so spent the last 2 days building and installing 'phone poles' to get the wires in the air and out of the way..

Oh GOODY! :clap2:

I have some old sneakers that I've been meaning to throw out. Now I can tie them together and fling them up and around the wire! :becky:

07-29-2011, 09:15 AM
looks great, Phil get out the push mower:-P

SmokeInDaEye
07-29-2011, 09:31 AM
The pole on the right looks a little crooked. And they're kind of small.

Cue's Your Daddy
07-29-2011, 09:44 AM
http://www.drclay.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/5f13f_ORIG-village_people_construction_worker1.jpg

Sacco was all ready to help you Phil..

scm1226
07-29-2011, 10:09 AM
I thought the poles from Manorville were Fat?

Sledneck
07-29-2011, 10:22 AM
The pole on the right looks a little crooked. And they're kind of small.

Not that we needed to know but apparently phils not a size queen:shocked:

Sledneck
07-29-2011, 10:22 AM

Now THAT was funny

SmokeInDaEye
07-29-2011, 10:37 AM

WOW! An instant classic.

SmokeInDaEye
07-29-2011, 10:38 AM
By the way, has anyone seen my card table from last year? Phil????

Sledneck
07-29-2011, 10:42 AM
By the way, has anyone seen my card table from last year? Phil????

I believe it was sold and the funds were used to finance people's choice contests:rolleyes:

bbqbull
07-29-2011, 10:56 AM
Sure looks like a great site for a contest!

Thanks for all your hard work Phil.

Sledneck
07-29-2011, 04:43 PM

So it's been two weeks since I posted that they told me 2 weeks to opening.Wattayaknow? It's open tonight. Without stating the obvious, they wouldn't of thought about lying to me :wink:

07-29-2011, 05:04 PM
huge cooked burgers here we come

MikeR
07-29-2011, 06:57 PM
Looks like the weather showed up early. This is the rain I scheduled for next Saturday.

Sawdustguy
07-30-2011, 08:23 AM
Sawdustguy's Preliminary Polockcast

Friday August 5
http://s.imwx.com/v.20100719.135915/img/wxicon/45/34.png
Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the upper 60s.

Saturday August 6
http://s.imwx.com/v.20100719.135915/img/wxicon/45/38.png
A few thunderstorms possible. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the upper 60s.

Sunday August 7
http://s.imwx.com/v.20100719.135915/img/wxicon/45/30.png
Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the upper 60s.

Sledneck
07-30-2011, 08:49 AM
Sawdustguy's Preliminary Polockcast

Friday August 5
http://s.imwx.com/v.20100719.135915/img/wxicon/45/34.png
Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the upper 60s.

Saturday August 6
http://s.imwx.com/v.20100719.135915/img/wxicon/45/38.png
A few thunderstorms possible. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the upper 60s.

Sunday August 7
http://s.imwx.com/v.20100719.135915/img/wxicon/45/30.png
Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the upper 60s.
Pfffft ..........................

Sawdustguy
07-30-2011, 09:29 AM
Now that's funny too.......

SmokeInDaEye
07-30-2011, 10:58 AM
Whats the final team count? I need to pack sauces.

Smoker'sLoungeBBQ
07-30-2011, 11:09 AM
FYI - Restaurant Depot in Bohemia has plenty of Royal Oak for those of you that use it. Not sure if its happened to anyone else but the last few times I went there they were all out. They have plenty now.

Sawdustguy
07-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Whats the final team count? I need to pack sauces.

The website says 37.

SmokeInDaEye
07-30-2011, 12:22 PM
The website says 37.. K. I'll bring 40 to be safe.

motoeric
07-30-2011, 02:52 PM
If you have any extras, it would be nice to have some for some judges.

Thanks,

Eric

BBQchef33
07-30-2011, 03:32 PM
One of out sponsors, ocean spray spas is a bge dealer. They will have bags of royal oak onsite. I think its 13$

rbsnwngs
07-31-2011, 06:19 AM
if there is anyone who would like to help out the make a wish foundation by donating some pork butts for vending please call me
631 678 1726

Joe Zukes
07-31-2011, 08:31 AM
Getting ready for this coming weekend! Gonna be a grand time on LI!

Smoker'sLoungeBBQ
07-31-2011, 08:44 AM
I'm taking a ride out to The Maples this afternoon to grab a beer and a cooked burger if anyone is in the area around 1:30-2:00 and wants to join me.

Joe Zukes
07-31-2011, 08:46 AM
Went out there last weekend, first time ever being there.
What a great place!

Smoker'sLoungeBBQ
07-31-2011, 08:48 AM
Oh yeah? I've heard great things. I've lived 20 mins from there for 30 years and have never been there. Definitely looking forward to it.

Joe Zukes
07-31-2011, 08:52 AM
This place is going to RULE for the BBQ next weekend. Super venue that begs for this type of smoke infused fun.

kyles Q crew
07-31-2011, 03:43 PM
Can't wait till next weekend, been looking forward to this one for a while

08-01-2011, 08:26 AM
second time post = in case you missed it :idea:

Phil is working tremendously hard on this event..just spoke with him
While its all fun & games, the guy(lady) is working his breasts off :heh:

He's really working on getting a really big turnout, & this is a thought.
I am attatching the final revised flyer with times/dates/etc
If you can print the attached flyer & maybe stick it up in your local
post office, food market, home depot or where ever you can think, or print up a couple...Remember, its for a good cause, us, phil & especially
"THE MAKE A WISH FOUNDATION" & the children it helps :clap2::clap2:

Food for thought...:mod:

Cue's Your Daddy
08-01-2011, 11:00 AM
if there is anyone who would like to help out the make a wish foundation by donating some pork butts for vending please call me
631 678 1726

I will be making 3 trays of Mac and Cheese for the MAKE A WISH for vending

SmokeInDaEye
08-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Anyone making sausage?

08-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Anyone making sausage?
Make a Nightmare

BBQchef33
08-01-2011, 09:51 PM
The 5th round Ultimate Grilling Challenge will be centrally located, on 5 Large BGEs. They will be sold as demo units after the contest for $789.

Anchors Smokeshop
08-02-2011, 05:31 AM
The 5th round Ultimate Grilling Challenge will be centrally located, on 5 Large BGEs. They will be sold as demo units after the contest for $789.

Well there's a curveball. Game on!

Mrs. Sawdust
08-02-2011, 07:26 AM
Well, the Pot Luck Dinner is shaping up to be a good one. If you want to join us please let me know - The more the merrier!!. So far here's the updated list of "Yes's"-

Ed-Que-Cators - TBA
Big Barry Q - Pasta
Two Fat Polocks - TBA
Chubby Hubby - Chile or Pulled Beef

Michele

Cue's Your Daddy
08-02-2011, 07:30 AM
never mind

Mrs. McFrankenboo
08-02-2011, 08:56 AM
We're looking forward to this one, first time competing on the East Coast! Headed out Thursday morning for the loooooong drive so look forward to seeing everyone this weekend!

SmokeInDaEye
08-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Does anyone happen to have the number for a cab company or car service to pick up at the train station out there?

early mornin' smokin'
08-02-2011, 11:32 AM
which train station?

SmokeInDaEye
08-02-2011, 12:30 PM
which train station?

Timzcardz recommended Speonk.

Anchors Smokeshop
08-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Are the judges allowed to use utensils (fork/knife/spoon) when judging the grilling contest?

early mornin' smokin'
08-02-2011, 02:38 PM
hampton town taxi http://riverhead.patch.com/listings/hampton-town-taxi is usually pretty reliable, 4 one's is also

motoeric
08-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Can any of the categories aside from Chef's Choice 1 be served family style? Or do we need to have 6 individual pieces in each turn-in?

Eric

Mrs. McFrankenboo
08-02-2011, 05:22 PM
I read somewhere that we need to be in and set up by 10:30 Saturday morning...is this correct? If so, why so early?

motoeric
08-02-2011, 05:47 PM
I read somewhere that we need to be in and set up by 10:30 Saturday morning...is this correct? If so, why so early?

The public will be arriving after that.

Eric

SmokeInDaEye
08-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Can any of the categories aside from Chef's Choice 1 be served family style? Or do we need to have 6 individual pieces in each turn-in?

Eric

Only CC1 can be on your own plating. Everything else is six portions in the standard box but with open garnish.

08-02-2011, 08:10 PM
The public will be arriving after that.

Eric
The time that went out on the flyer said 10 AM for both days,,, if people actually show up that early is something different

Anyone got odds on who actually shows up on the news, or in print ?????:drama:

boogiesnap
08-02-2011, 08:14 PM
i'll give 2 for 11 it's our very own spice fairy.

08-02-2011, 08:31 PM
let the fun begin

MikeR
08-03-2011, 05:37 AM
Anyone got odds on who actually shows up on the news, or in print ?????:drama:
Out of the Ashes is a shoe in.

Sledneck
08-03-2011, 07:35 AM
If you want to save shipping on the cancer sucks disposable cutting board fundraiser bring cash . I am placing my order Monday

Sledneck
08-03-2011, 07:58 AM

Was there last night and I must say it was definitely huge and cooked

SmokeInDaEye
08-03-2011, 09:07 AM
Great story in Newsday today!

Anchors Smokeshop
08-03-2011, 09:41 AM
Can you copy and paste the article here for those of us that can't access newsday.com?

SmokeInDaEye
08-03-2011, 09:54 AM
Can you copy and paste the article here for those of us that can't access newsday.com?

Oh, it's not about the contest, it's about the LIRR apologizing for all the delays Monday. I thought it was very nice of them and the story was very well written!

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/lirr-we-re-sorry-for-service-disruptions-1.3068476

Smoker'sLoungeBBQ
08-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Clint-
What page? I just quickly glanced through it and didn't see it.
Thanks

Smoker'sLoungeBBQ
08-03-2011, 09:57 AM
Oh, it's not about the contest, it's about the LIRR apologizing for all the delays Monday. I thought it was very nice of them and the story was very well written!

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/lirr-we-re-sorry-for-service-disruptions-1.3068476

You're the worst.

scm1226
08-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Booooooo!!!! Boooooo!!!

08-03-2011, 10:36 AM

NOW THAT WAS FUNNY :becky:

Anchors Smokeshop
08-03-2011, 11:29 AM

Douche!

Sledneck
08-03-2011, 11:35 AM
The big write up will be in tomorrow's paper

trohrs123
08-03-2011, 12:30 PM
Anybody have BBQ'rs Delight Pellets for this weekend they can sell me? Ill take any flavor you have. Running low...thanks

tugbone
08-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Here is the only one I see

http://long-island.newsday.com/restaurants/feed-me-1.812004/call-for-entries-battle-of-the-bbq-brethren-1.3005576

Sledneck
08-03-2011, 01:10 PM
Here is the only one I see

http://long-island.newsday.com/restaurants/feed-me-1.812004/call-for-entries-battle-of-the-bbq-brethren-1.3005576

Read post 237 :rolleyes::becky:

Westexbbq
08-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Today, in the Hometown Shopper, Ronkonkoma and other editions, there is a small blurb with a picture in the Calendar of Events section, pg 22 in my edition.

6-7. Manorville/BBQ Battle
R.U.B. BBQ and the BBQ Brethren present the fifth annual Battle of the BBQ Brethren, at The Maples, 10 Ryerson Ave. Proceeds benefit Make-A-Wish Foundation. Call 631-247-6653.
The pic they used (albeit smaller and in Black and White) was this one of several that I had sent in.from Holtsville last year....

Anchors Smokeshop
08-03-2011, 03:25 PM
Looks like there will be a live chat with Phil tomorrow (Thurs 8/4) at noon.
http://long-island.newsday.com/restaurants/feed-me-1.812004/live-chat-get-tips-from-bbq-champ-phil-rizzardi-1.3069539

Anchors Smokeshop
08-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Today, in the Hometown Shopper, Ronkonkoma and other editions, there is a small blurb with a picture in the Calendar of Events section, pg 22 in my edition.

6-7. Manorville/BBQ Battle
R.U.B. BBQ and the BBQ Brethren present the fifth annual Battle of the BBQ Brethren, at The Maples, 10 Ryerson Ave. Proceeds benefit Make-A-Wish Foundation. Call 631-247-6653.
The pic they used (albeit smaller and in Black and White) was this one of several that I had sent in.from Holtsville last year....

That picture is of team Shake N Bake BBQ. I didn't see them on the list of teams competing this year. Wonder what happened to them?

Sledneck
08-03-2011, 03:32 PM
Looks like there will be a live chat with Phil tomorrow (Thurs 8/4) at noon.
http://long-island.newsday.com/restaurants/feed-me-1.812004/live-chat-get-tips-from-bbq-champ-phil-rizzardi-1.3069539

Phil wanted to hide it from us. This is gonna be fun!:wink:

Smoker'sLoungeBBQ
08-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Phil wanted to hide it from us. This is gonna be fun!:wink:

Question #1: How much lighter fluid is too much?

08-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Question #2 Why do you install poles crooked ?

SmokeInDaEye
08-03-2011, 04:59 PM
Question #3, Do you wear hairnets on your arms when serving the public?

MikeR
08-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Question #4- How annoyed does Clint get when you get all this publicity?

boogiesnap
08-03-2011, 05:21 PM
question #5- how many of your briskets have ACTUALLY been dropped? and is that what truly happened in TROY?
please, sir, speak clearly into the mic.

Yakfishingfool
08-03-2011, 05:41 PM
#6. It is general knowledge that ribs do best when boiled first, do you do this over a stove or coals? and a follow up....at what point, and how much liquid smoke do you add?