PDA

View Full Version : Big Belly Jr.

BigBelly
03-09-2005, 07:31 PM
Gang,

Looks like lil Big Belly Jr. did not want to wait till Friday for the scheduled c-section. I was awakened early Monday morning (3 am) by a very well maintained and calm misses informing me that it was time to get to the hospital.

The doctors did everything in their power to allow the misses to attempt a natural delivery. After fifteen hours, four of which were at 9.5 cm of dilation, it was declared the baby was to be taken. After seeing the girth of this child, nine pounds and fourteen ounces, I cannot see why the doctors even entertained our idea of trying to have this child naturally like our first.

Without delay Big belly gets suited up and ready to pass out ..err...the surgery room. (long story but the short if it is that I damn near passes out back wards when my little girl was born)

https://home.comcast.net/~accelerantsr/images/suitedup.JPG

I presume lil man was not happy to find out his first few meals were not going to be ribs.

I like to call this photo "wha, no ribs?"

https://home.comcast.net/~accelerantsr/images/noribs.JPG

This has to be my favorite shot!

"I guess that stinky soy milk will have to do."

https://home.comcast.net/~accelerantsr/images/formulastare.JPG

Here is the hospital picture.

http://www.thatsmybaby.net/home/viewchild.asp

At this time I am so exhausted I don't know my left from right. Everyone is well and doing fine. We look forward to bringing Alexander Nathaniel home tomorrow.

The_Kapn
03-09-2005, 07:38 PM
WOW!
Congratulations and Bless you and your family!

Life gets no better than that (except for the delivery room stuff).

TIM

chad
03-09-2005, 08:13 PM
What a cutey! :D

Congratulations.

willkat98
03-09-2005, 08:21 PM
Congrats!!!

Awesome day for you Bro

thanks for sharing

BBQchef33
03-09-2005, 08:42 PM
Congrats BB.... Now we got BabyBigBelly... errrrr.. BigbabyBelly...ahhhhh LilBigBelly.... BigLilbaby???.... oh ferget it.. Say hello to Lil Alexander. Congratulations... !!

Trout_man22
03-09-2005, 09:04 PM
Happy Birthday to the little one. Glad every body is doing fine.

cabo
03-09-2005, 09:58 PM
Damn another one bigger than me!!!

Congrats!!!

parrothead
03-09-2005, 10:33 PM
We have another riblet! Congrats!

Bigmista
03-10-2005, 12:46 AM
WooHoo!!! Congrats!!

Another brethren in the fold! We are multi generational!!!

God Bless you and you family!

Bigmista
03-10-2005, 01:11 AM
He was too cute. I couldn't resist...

Arlin_MacRae
03-10-2005, 06:22 AM
WOO-HOO!!!!

Congrats, bro!!!! Glad everyone's doing well. You too. :)

Be sure to update us with picks of the li'l riblet from time to time, and give mama a big hug from the Brethren!

Arlin

jt
03-10-2005, 08:08 AM
Awesome, bro! Congrats!

kcquer
03-10-2005, 09:20 AM
Big Belly, Congrats Bro!!

brdbbq
03-10-2005, 10:16 AM
Damn another one bigger than me!!!

Congrats!!!

I know that feeling. Congrats.....

BrooklynQ
03-10-2005, 10:26 AM
Congratulations man!

tommykendall
03-10-2005, 10:39 AM
Congratulations Big Belly - that is one big cute boy. Looks like he's already to start having fun.

racer_81
03-10-2005, 11:03 AM
Congratulations Big Belly!

9-14 is a whopper!

Bigdog
03-10-2005, 11:56 AM
Congrats

Ron_L
03-10-2005, 05:57 PM
Congrats, BB!

The_Kapn
03-10-2005, 06:37 PM
He was too cute. I couldn't resist...
Neil,
My origonal post threatened to break the arm (or some other body part) of any fool who "Blue Hatted" a cute little KIDDO here :twisted:
I deleted that part before posting.

But you Brother, "Blue Hatted" with STYLE, GRACE, and TASTE :lol: :lol:
Great Job with the PhotoShop!

So--now we have our "Official Youngest Brethren" welcomed!

I really like "Riblet".
PooBah needs to reserve that Moniker for when little Alex is ready to post :lol:

TIM

Bigmista
03-10-2005, 06:58 PM
Thanx for the mention Tim. I was beginning to think nobody could see it.

Solidkick
03-14-2005, 08:00 AM
OK, nothing like being a week late here...........

Congrats! What a good looking young brisket cooker! You and the wife did excellent!

Bellybro
03-14-2005, 08:39 AM
Great looking kid! Congratulations!!!!!

Don't feel bad, I did pass out when they did an amniosentisesis (SP?)on my wife while she was pregnant.

Heath
03-14-2005, 10:36 PM
Congrats, I lucked out. I was at sea deployed when both mine were born. By the time I got home they were sleaping all night and so was I.

Cuelio
03-15-2005, 03:17 PM
Way late, Bigbelly, but congrats, man! He's a good looking little guy.

BigBelly
03-16-2005, 06:40 AM
Thanks for all the kind words, and yes he is one helluva good child! He does not fuss to much, he don't spew all over the place, and he loves to give mama kisses!

Both are doing well and mama is on the fast road to recovery. We had a slight bout with formula's but all has been corrected. While in the hospital we found out lil Alex has a slight lactose intolerance so we had to switch to ProSoybe formula. Recently, we found blood in his stool and had to switch yet again to a more expensive (the most expensive on store shelves) lactose free formula. Otherwise all is well in the family.

I must admit that picture of Alex in the poobah hat is priceless!

I can see it now, my little right hand man, aka assistant pit master/ judge. We will try our hardest not to spoil him as we did our little girl. She has to be the most finicky kid when it comes to food that I have ever seen and will not even look at BBQ. Maybe I can sneak a few licks of BBQ sauce on his pacifier so I can start to temper his taste buds! =)

Thanks gang!

Arlin_MacRae
03-16-2005, 09:50 AM
Mix a little sauce into his formula, huh? :)