PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie in the Southern Nevada Area

psjmiller
06-26-2011, 12:54 PM
Hello,

I am new to the forum and looking forward to learning as much as I can about the art of low and slow. I currently own a gas grill but am definitely looking to upgrade to something else in the future (gotta save up first:becky:). If anyone has tips or tricks to using a gas grill in the meantime then I am certainly open to your input.

Paul

Wampus
06-26-2011, 01:16 PM
Welcome from Indiana!!!!

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

psjmiller
06-26-2011, 02:06 PM
Yes it does

getyourrubonbbq
06-26-2011, 03:00 PM
Welcome!!

Alexa RnQ
06-26-2011, 03:47 PM
We were just in your neighborhood the weekend of Memorial Day, at the Best Dam BBQ in Boulder City! Welcome!

Rookie'48
06-26-2011, 04:55 PM
Welcome to our crazy little club house!

JMSetzler
06-26-2011, 08:43 PM
Greetings and welcome from Hickory, North Carolina :)

You can cook low and slow on some gas grills with a little effort. If you have multiple burners, you can turn one side burner on low and cook your meat over indirect heat on the other side of the grill grate away from the burner. You may have to play around with it a little to learn how to get it to the temps you want though. Cracking the lid open and/or sealing up holes may be part of that process. You can also put wood chips in an aluminum foil wrap over the burner to create smoke... Play around with it and experiment :)

psjmiller
06-27-2011, 10:11 AM
Greetings and welcome from Hickory, North Carolina :)

You can cook low and slow on some gas grills with a little effort. If you have multiple burners, you can turn one side burner on low and cook your meat over indirect heat on the other side of the grill grate away from the burner. You may have to play around with it a little to learn how to get it to the temps you want though. Cracking the lid open and/or sealing up holes may be part of that process. You can also put wood chips in an aluminum foil wrap over the burner to create smoke... Play around with it and experiment :)

Thanks very much for the tip! I have a couple of things I want to try after reading articles in the Smoke Signals magazine. Can't wait to get going.

Downtown Smokeout
06-27-2011, 01:31 PM
Welcome from the Hoosier state Paul!!

If you don't want to spend a lot, build a UDS and get yourself a Weber OTS. Not much you can't do with that combo. Then you can start a collection that makes your -wife/girlfriend/whatever floats your boat- roll their eyes everytime you show up with a new one. :becky:

cowgirl
06-27-2011, 02:55 PM
Welcome to the forum Paul!

Westexbbq
06-27-2011, 05:41 PM
Welcome to the camp,
Paul.
Enjoy.

bluetang
06-27-2011, 05:59 PM
Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

gtr
06-27-2011, 11:11 PM
Welcome from SoCal! There's an incredible wealth of information here - look around, ask questions, and we'll get you set up. Enjoy!

Pyle's BBQ
07-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Welcome from Iowa.

Johnny_Crunch
07-05-2011, 07:16 AM
Welcome!