PDA

View Full Version : WoodHouse at Mobile

The_Kapn
03-06-2005, 05:08 PM
Side story from the Mobile Cookoff.

Brother Mike (Woodhouse Grill) from the FBA elects to compete at Mobile and forgo the FBA and jeoprodise his lead in the "Team of the Year" chase by not competeting at Crestview (FBA)..
Business decision, I am sure.

Turns out--Woodhouse winds up being the one and only cook at a major event filled with "Super Stars".
So, DF and I checked on Mike periodically, but he was always in control (if not fully awake)!
I now wished I had taken a pic of Mike at 3AM, wrapped in a blanket, "hugging his cooker" to stay warm, and declining "help"!
The stuff memories are made of :lol:

WoodHouse (Mike) "walked 2 times" at awards (to the best of my memory) :lol:
His wife obviously had to wake him up to go up to the stage :lol:

My hat is off to a true competetor (and fine human being)!

TIM

homebbq
03-07-2005, 05:50 AM
Congrats Mike,
I heard he just brought the Stumps Smoker, and not the big rig. Its a good thing, since it was just him and his wife. My hat is off as well..

chad
03-07-2005, 06:37 AM
Kevin,

He hauled the big rig! He had the Stump's smoker there but when I last checked with him during the night he was firing up the So. Yankee.

homebbq
03-07-2005, 07:02 AM
ok, my information was false then...

chad
03-07-2005, 09:10 AM
I think he was glad to have the So. Yankee so he could stay warm - mamma was at the motel with the kids! :D He has mentioned that he's thinking about selling off the SY rig and going to something like multiple Stump's smokers and a concession/catering setup that has more service window area.

I think "we" were having issues with the cool temps, too.

I talked with Bill and some others and meat was finishing off "funny". I know they'd "fixed" the Fast Eddy cooker and the Caldera was ready to go -- I don't know which meat was cooked in which cooker.

Our neighbor commented that his brisket would have made good shoe leather, too.