PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

ChickenWang
06-17-2011, 11:27 PM
Hi Brethren I have enjoyed reading many of the post on here and have learned quite a bit in the last couple of days. I am from the Tyler Tx area and have been living in Mesquite Tx for the last few years. I have been cooking bbq for a long time and have been competing with KCBS for two years now. Of course I have won nothing yet but Im am trying to figure out what it takes to win. Had to learn the hard way that not everyone likes what I like in bbq, I cook on a Klose trailered pit that has been real good to me and I enjoy cooking on it. Hope to meet some of you one day but I'm not much of a talker, so I will be reading and learning more than anything. Thanks for letting me in your world and I hope to learn alot, and hope that I can be of help to anybody that needs it.

Rookie'48
06-18-2011, 12:41 AM
Welcome to our crazy little club house!

JMSetzler
06-18-2011, 01:30 AM
So yer from Mesquite and I'm from Hickory. You are slightly more acrid than I, but not by much ;)

Greetings and welcome from Hickory, North Carolina :)

smokeyokie
06-18-2011, 03:02 AM
Welcome ChickenWang!!!! I am from Big D originally.....just a word or advice...THROW AWAY THE MESQUITE!!!!!! that Sh*t is so acrid it should not be allowed in the cooking circles.....any cook worth his salt will not cook with it unless it is an open pit....way to acrid!!!!! My opinion though!!!! Smoke on Brother!!:thumb: find some oak or hickory....anything but mesquite!!! Can you tell I dont like mesquite(the wood) love the women in mesquite TX tho!!!!!:kiss:

ChickenWang
06-18-2011, 05:24 AM
Smokey I agree, never used the stuff personally but have been around some folks that have. All I mostly use is Oak, Pecan, and Hickory, Mesquite IMHO is more of a grillin wood, for those who like it. :becky:

Bama Q
06-18-2011, 07:23 AM
Welcome, See you on the BBQ Trail

Big George's BBQ
06-18-2011, 07:29 AM
Welcome

cowgirl
06-18-2011, 11:34 AM
Welcome to the forum!

Wampus
06-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Welcome from Indiana!!!!

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

bluetang
06-23-2011, 05:42 PM
Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Westexbbq
06-23-2011, 05:44 PM
Welcome to the camp,
ChickenWang.
Enjoy.
(Give my best to the Tyler Rose Queen.)