PDA

View Full Version : Letting it go

ThomEmery
06-17-2011, 11:49 AM
Letting it go
After much thought and consideration
I have decided to give up on cooking comp que. With kids in college, Grand babies on the way and church planting involvement $$ priorities have changed ;)
We will still organize a few events and cater (I always win the GC at that) ;0)
I guess we will never win the Jack or the Royal or be on the KCBS BoD :)

It has been fun

Rub
06-17-2011, 11:55 AM
Those sound like some very well-thought out priorities that I doubt you'd ever regret making.
All the best with the future Thom!

Fatback Joe
06-17-2011, 12:07 PM
Sorry to hear it, but I have to agree, it sounds like you have your priorities in order.

riblette
06-17-2011, 12:11 PM
Hey Thom,
I know you’ve done a lot for the BBQ in California, and it’s much appreciated. I certainly hope you stay active since you seem to really understand and promote the important things in the “sport”; community, fellowship, and service. Cheers!

bbq.tom
06-17-2011, 12:47 PM
Best of luck in EVERYTHING you do!!! Like said above, sure sounds like you thought this through and have priorities the way they should be.

deguerre
06-17-2011, 01:00 PM
You're still my hero Thom! Best of Luck!

Pelkster
06-17-2011, 01:09 PM
It takes a lot to walk away from something you love to do. I wish you nothing but the best.

JD McGee
06-17-2011, 01:53 PM
Good luck Thom! Hopefully we'll cross paths again at one of your events! :-P

RangerJ
06-17-2011, 02:01 PM
You were always more than willing to help out a beginner when i was starting out in Arizona. Thanks for that and I doubt you will regret your decision.

Look forward to seeing you at one of your events. If you get down to Texas, look me up.

CivilWarBBQ
06-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Best of luck Thom. We all make choices as our life progresses and sometimes you have to lay one thing down for a while in favor of another. Still, it may not be forever, so we'll keep a cooksite open for you.

Who knows, one day I might even take up Ham radio or golf again!

MrSmoker
06-17-2011, 02:42 PM
That's a tough decision Thom,I know how you feel.I do hope you stay involved we will miss you. Good luck.

smoke-n-my-i's
06-17-2011, 07:24 PM
Thom, I too can see that you have put a LOT of thought into your decisions.
Best of luck to you. I am sure you will do well with what you will be doing. Now don't spoil the grandkids too much... :thumb:

Kevin
06-17-2011, 07:41 PM
That had to have been a hard decision for you to make Thom. You know that you have my best wishes going forward. One day at a time for me. Different reasons but still working toward the same resolve.

Scottie
06-17-2011, 11:27 PM
I mean... you can still loan out equipment though right???!!!! :becky:

Good for you Thom. Priorities brother.

ThomEmery
06-18-2011, 12:09 AM
I mean... you can still loan out equipment though right???!!!! :becky:

Yea but somebody done tol me you got bigheaded ;0)
Sure you or The Butcher cook in the West We will get you all a pit

QansasjayhawQ
06-18-2011, 12:16 AM
Life ebbs and flows . . . loves come and go . . . do today what God calls you to do . . . don't worry about tomorrow . . . or yesterday.

Tough decision, Thom.

Follow your heart and simply do what you know is right.

Sounds to me like that's the way you're heading.

All the best for you . . .

Jeff Hughes
06-18-2011, 11:08 AM
Thom

We still would like your participation in Operation BBQ Relief...

PM me your email addy, I'll forward you the current email...

Take care...

Sawdustguy
06-18-2011, 12:34 PM
Thom,

I sure you will be missed as there is more to competitive cooking than winning Grand championships but you have to go where your heart takes you. Best of luck to you.

getyourrubonbbq
06-18-2011, 05:13 PM
Good luck Thom.

Butcher BBQ
06-18-2011, 07:00 PM
I know this had to be a hard but well thought out decision. You have been there for me in the past and I know we will cross paths again.

Oh, the next time I do need a pit let check with Scottie and make sure he has removed all his left over ribs out of it. lol

We all know the comp cooking knowledge won't be lost you can always pull it back out any time and kick some tail.

bam
06-18-2011, 07:18 PM
Thom a year ago you were talking about the bod. I know this had to take a lot of thought. Best of luck to you Thom family is always first. :thumb:

INmitch
06-18-2011, 11:56 PM
Enjoyed matching a name to a face last March. Sounds like you've decided on a direction in this part of your life......your by no means an old man! See ya down the road some time!:thumb:

bigabyte
06-19-2011, 12:01 AM
You gotta focus on the important stuff. For most this is a side hobby to take them away from their normal lives. Now that you don't need a distraction, go live a little, no...go live a LOT! Have fun!

yelonutz
06-19-2011, 12:42 AM
Thom, glad I won't have to cook against you but please tell me you will still be on the forums...

NUTZ

Rob Albach
06-19-2011, 01:14 AM
Tom, wish you the best...you've always had a great outlook on life and BBQ....