PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Washington DC

DC_BBQ
06-17-2011, 10:24 AM
HI

I have been looking at this forum for a while and am now joining. I have been doing a lot of BBQ with my Webber kettle and am now looking forward to playing around with a UDS.

I live a little town house in the middle of the city but have enough of a backyard that I can cook outside. Besides eating and drinking I also like biking and music.

Big George's BBQ
06-17-2011, 11:04 AM
Welcome

JMSetzler
06-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Greetings and welcome from Hickory, North Carolina :) I'm coming to DC in October... where are some great places for Q up there?

Westexbbq
06-17-2011, 01:49 PM
Welcome to the camp,
DC BBQ.
Enjoy.

bluetang
06-17-2011, 03:00 PM
Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

DC_BBQ
06-17-2011, 03:55 PM
I don’t know if we can stand up to NC BBQ but here are two you can try
Downtown you can go to Hill Country at 410 7th St NW it is Texas style with country music.

For something more low key and if you are on Capitol Hill or visiting Union Station you can walk over to Kenny's Smokehouse 732 Maryland Ave NE (between N 7th St & N 8th St).
Also on Capitol Hill there is usually a guy with a smoker trailer at Eastern Market on Saturdays (Look for him near the pool) I have heard he is very good. At any rate Saturday at Eastern Market is fun to go to. The market building is old style open air market real butchers etc inside. Outside there is a farmers market and across the street there is a big flea market.

JMSetzler
06-17-2011, 04:30 PM
I donít know if we can stand up to NC BBQ but here are two you can try
Downtown you can go to Hill Country at 410 7th St NW it is Texas style with country music.

For something more low key and if you are on Capitol Hill or visiting Union Station you can walk over to Kenny's Smokehouse 732 Maryland Ave NE (between N 7th St & N 8th St).
Also on Capitol Hill there is usually a guy with a smoker trailer at Eastern Market on Saturdays (Look for him near the pool) I have heard he is very good. At any rate Saturday at Eastern Market is fun to go to. The market building is old style open air market real butchers etc inside. Outside there is a farmers market and across the street there is a big flea market.

I have been to Kenny's so I'll try to check out Hill Country if time permits. I'm traveling as a 'chaperon' for a group of college students so we'll see what happens....

Rookie'48
06-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Welcome to our crazy little club house!

smokeyokie
06-17-2011, 06:14 PM
Welcome and Smoke on Brother!!:thumb:

cowgirl
06-18-2011, 12:59 PM
Welcome to the forum!

frognot
06-18-2011, 05:14 PM
Welcome aboard DC BBQ!