PDA

View Full Version : any decent BBQ places in the Tampa Area?

billm
06-13-2011, 02:30 PM
nmsg

Fatback Joe
06-13-2011, 02:45 PM
There wasn't anything worthy of a strong recommendation when I lived there, but that has been a couple of years now.

FWIW A friend of mine sent me an email a while back saying this place had recently opened up and seemed to be quite popular.

http://www.holyhogbbq.com/

Good luck.

billm
06-13-2011, 02:52 PM
looks promising..thanks!

goodbuddiesbbq
06-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Go to Granger's & Sons on 98 North in North Lakeland.

Simple and Good. They only do lunch, except for steaks on Friday and Saturday night.

ksace
06-19-2011, 09:51 PM
If you get over to the St. Pete area I really enjoy Ted Peter's Famous Smoked Fish. (I think that's the name.) Been a couple of years since I was there but this place has been in business a long time, even Alton Brown stops there whenever he gets down that way.

HeSmellsLikeSmoke
06-19-2011, 11:12 PM
If you get over to the St. Pete area I really enjoy Ted Peter's Famous Smoked Fish. (I think that's the name.) Been a couple of years since I was there but this place has been in business a long time, even Alton Brown stops there whenever he gets down that way.

One of my favorites too. Not a BBQ joint, but very good food.

chad
06-20-2011, 09:06 AM
Eli's in Dunedin is pretty good. He's open Friday and Saturday 11-6. Located on 580/Main just before Alt 19 at the Pinellas Trail crossing. Just look for the cars!!

Try and get some Cuban food while you're here...The Columbia in Ybor is always a great choice!