PDA

View Full Version : Smoking in Western Ontario!

Butt_Pirate
06-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Hello BBQ brothers and sisters!

I figure that this is a natural area for my first post since i'm new to your form.

First a little bit about myself and my BBQ history. I first got into BBQ when I was a little ankle biter by helping my uncle with the basics during our familys annual pig roast which we sadly ended the tradition since then. So my first cooking experiance was cooking whole hog on a open pit before I could assemble toast & peanut butter, you could say that layed the groundwork for my passion of BBQ today!

Many season later I now have a modest 2 Cues' in my yard including my go-to smoker my large BGE! :thumb: I enjoy working on perfecting my pork, ribs, briskets and homemade sauce. I like to try to find new flavors to help my cooking and not afraid to try somthing diffrent from that others are doing.

Last I should explain a little about my name Butt Pirate before I get any aquard questions or unwanted advances, I am a happily married and have a newborn son less then 1 month old at home. I chose Butt Pirate because my personality is of a swashbuckler and natually love pulled pork so Butt Pirate came naturally too me, plus it made me chuckle so hope it doesn't offend!

Cheers

Suport Ontario farmers, put some Pork on your fork!

JMSetzler
06-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Greetings and welcome from Hickory, North Carolina :)

Butt_Pirate
06-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Greetings and welcome from Hickory, North Carolina :)

You live in a city called hickory?!?
Only 1 word needed....AWSOME! :clap2:

bluetang
06-08-2011, 07:27 PM
Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Rookie'48
06-08-2011, 11:42 PM
Welcome to our crazy little club house!

Big George's BBQ
06-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Welcome

Butt_Pirate
06-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the welcome all!

I think a passionate rookie like myself can really utilize this as a resorce on making better BBQ!

I've been on the forum for 1 day and already would like to thank those hard workers running the sight for fellow BBQ fanactics like myself! :clap2:

1FUNVET
06-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Welcome :clap2:

Local arena foot ball team is "Swashbucklers" :thumb:

You would feel right at home here.

Westexbbq
06-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Welcome to the camp,
Butt Pirate.
Enjoy.

Excitable Boy
06-09-2011, 12:40 PM