PDA

View Full Version : bbq in kentucky?????

aswoboda
05-26-2011, 01:32 PM
hello fellow farkers!!!! i will be traveling with my girlfriend and another couple from my hometown near St. Louis to kentucky, my parents have a place at kentucky lake in the benton area, my question is does anyone know of any badass bbq joints in the benton, paducah, murray areas or any where close, id love to check out some kentucky style bbq while im traveling, thanks again, Adam.

RyGuy
05-26-2011, 02:45 PM
hello fellow farkers!!!! i will be traveling with my girlfriend and another couple from my hometown near St. Louis to kentucky, my parents have a place at kentucky lake in the benton area, my question is does anyone know of any badass bbq joints in the benton, paducah, murray areas or any where close, id love to check out some kentucky style bbq while im traveling, thanks again, Adam.

Hope you enjoy your stay here in the Commonwealth.

I don't know that area (Land Between the Lakes) well enough to offer commentary on the BBQ. There was a decent joint I ate at once in Paducah, but Lord help me if I can remember the name of it (more than 10 years ago I'd guess). The nearest BBQ of any particular "style" would be in Owensboro, not exactly a convenient drive from Benton. Owensboro and that area is known for mutton BBQ, very much a regional thing and worth trying if you can get your hands on some.