PDA

View Full Version : BWS Fatboy/WSM + Stoker

huminie
05-24-2011, 11:46 AM
I will receive a new Stoker unit today and plan to Stoke my BWS Fatboy and 18.5" WSM.

Looking for advice on best practices, especially for the Fatboy. Wondering what the best way to load up the charcoal and start the fire etc.

Just hoping to learn a few tricks from folks who have been there with this set up before I try it on my own.

TIA for any advice!

E Mellow
05-24-2011, 12:01 PM
On the Fatboy, start the coals in the section nearest to the fan. As the fan blows it will slowly move the fire across the fire box to the unlit coals.

crd26a
05-24-2011, 01:14 PM
Adam - Buy the heavy duty power supply. The standard can probably run two fans, but if you start branching out with adaptors, you'll want the extra power capacity.

musicmanryann
05-24-2011, 01:17 PM
If you have the extra money I would recommend getting a guru adapter for the fatboy and getting the stoker adapter for guru adapters. It seems weird, but the guru adapter actually fastens to the air inlet rather than the flimsy piece of metal stoker provides as their fatboy provides, which just rest there held on one side by the door. This creates a much better seal and it also makes hooking up the fan easy peasy.

huminie
05-24-2011, 02:58 PM
This is good advice (here and in PMs).

Thanks all!