PDA

View Full Version : New here and there.

badger
02-13-2005, 11:24 PM
Howdy ya'll,

I am new here and kindof lick what I see. I am 31 years old and have been bbq'ing/burning food for 35 years.

I have been searching the Internet for about 10 years looking for a site lick this. What the hell took you guys so long to build it? :roll:

Anyway I think I see a couple of bullies here that I might have to take care of, but I think I'll try and get to know you guys a little better before I take this site over.

I did a little smoke today, a small pork butt in the WSM. I rubbed the butt with a heavy coat of McCormics (sp?) steak seasoning and threw it in the WSM at 8:00 this morning. I foiled it at 170 and poured some fruit punch over it, then coolered it at 200 and pulled out of the cooler at 172.
I did not spray the the meat once during the cook and in fact I left the house for 3 hours knowing that using the minion method I would not have to worry about temps in the wsm. 8)

Unbelievable pulled pork sammiches!

Jorge
02-13-2005, 11:42 PM
Now get along to Cattle Call.

Great to see you on John. Not so great to see the pulled pork. It's 11:42 PM and I'm now starving!

cabo
02-14-2005, 12:05 AM
OH Man, That's just not right this time of morning.
Ok, Where's the fridge?? Gotta get another beer and some left over brisket!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn!!

badger
02-14-2005, 12:36 AM
I'm telling ya man... I think this was my best pulled pork yet. I did not do anything special to it like a fancy rub or brine. I think it was due to the amazing consistant temps in the WSM and the fact that I hit all my marks when I when I needed to.

Thanks again Phil! I love that smoker!

Solidkick
02-14-2005, 04:01 AM
Don't foget to share with Don.............. :mrgreen:

parrothead
02-14-2005, 09:30 AM
I am new here and kindof lick what I see

Don't look at the moab then, you do not want to lick that.

racer_81
02-14-2005, 09:46 AM
did somebody say the Magic Word?

jt
02-14-2005, 10:03 AM
No Racer. NO NO NO

badger
02-14-2005, 11:18 AM
I wish I could have. :oops:

A 5.5 lb butt does not last long in my house. That thing was demolished last night, I wasn't even able bring left overs to work today. :(

Speaking of Don... When I smoke a butt or a brisket for him I will be doing it on a Sunday for Monday delivery. Is it better to keep the meat whole and let him slice/pull the meat or should I slice/pull the meat after it is cooked and bring it to him like that?

So far I have only delivered ribs in the past which is a no brainer.

Trout_man22
02-14-2005, 11:27 AM
John,

They told me you left because of me :cry: Are you back for true :P

BBQchef33
02-14-2005, 12:06 PM

BBQchef33
02-14-2005, 12:14 PM
I wish I could have. :oops:

A 5.5 lb butt does not last long in my house. That thing was demolished last night, I wasn't even able bring left overs to work today. :(

Speaking of Don... When I smoke a butt or a brisket for him I will be doing it on a Sunday for Monday delivery. Is it better to keep the meat whole and let him slice/pull the meat or should I slice/pull the meat after it is cooked and bring it to him like that?

So far I have only delivered ribs in the past which is a no brainer.

Always deliver the meats whole. Slicing lets the juices drain out and it will dry to some extent before he gets it.

Jorge
02-14-2005, 12:16 PM

Phil, just put the magic wand down.....

badger
02-14-2005, 12:21 PM
John,

They told me you left because of me :cry: Are you back for true :P
Yes trout_mann I did leave cause of you. :wink: And I don't think it's true that I am back. :D

Actually I am only here for a little while. I need to steal more brethren Q'ing techniques and go back to the my underground bbq'ing ring.

cabo
02-14-2005, 12:39 PM
Yes trout_mann I did leave cause of you. And I don't think it's true that I am back.

Actually I am only here for a little while. I need to steal more brethren Q'ing techniques and go back to the my underground bbq'ing ring.

Holy Seasonings Bat….Ah, John, Don’t you think you’ll be found out?????

badger
02-14-2005, 02:18 PM
Yes trout_mann I did leave cause of you. And I don't think it's true that I am back.

Holy Seasonings Bat….Ah, John, Don’t you think you’ll be found out?????
No I am not worried about that. Nobody knows.

tommykendall
02-14-2005, 07:43 PM
I'm telling ya man... I think this was my best pulled pork yet. I did not do anything special to it like a fancy rub or brine. I think it was due to the amazing consistant temps in the WSM and the fact that I hit all my marks when I when I needed to.

I think the reason it looks all pink is from the fruit punch you poured on it. Looks like crap to me - you better get back to practicing. BTW- who are you anyway? :mrgreen:

badger
02-15-2005, 12:22 AM

I think the reason it looks all pink is from the fruit punch you poured on it. Looks like crap to me - you better get back to practicing.
You think a gallon of fruit juice was too much? :lol:
BTW- who are you anyway? :mrgreen:
I'm the one who started the underground bbq ring! :roll: :lol:

parrothead
02-15-2005, 02:05 AM
John who?

Heath
02-15-2005, 10:00 AM
[quote]
I'm the one who started the underground bbq ring! :roll: :lol:

Isn't that the same thing Saddam said when they found him in the spider hole? :lol: :lol:

tommykendall
02-15-2005, 10:06 AM
John who?

Think the last name is Badger. He called me in Long Island last year - said I'd better get the briskets on the pit.

BigBelly
02-15-2005, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the imagery (see attached pic above). Now my lunch has officially been ruined! =)

tommykendall
02-15-2005, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the imagery (see attached pic above). Now my lunch has officially been ruined! =)

$hit - I'm used to it now. :roll:

jeffsasmokin
02-15-2005, 05:23 PM
did somebody say the Magic Word?Phil, that's just not right...................besides, Sir Sh#tsalot isn't even lookin' where he's goin'! :D

BBQchef33
02-15-2005, 05:39 PM
He's checkin out the babe on his wing.

jeffsasmokin
02-15-2005, 06:01 PM
He's checkin out the babe on his wing.The Wing?????????? You mean the whole Damm Fuselage!!!! LOL! :lol: