PDA

View Full Version : Typical regs at a festival

Bombeque
05-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Hey guys, I know that this varies by state, but what can I expect, equipment wise, to do a festival, fair ect? I have a Lang 84 deluxe, and really want to get into using it! I bought it to do some parties (personal chef) type things, until I have the money to get a mobile kitchen. But I think a festival may be a bit more like what I really want to do now, without the whole kitchen.

Whatchallthink?

Que

1FUNVET
05-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Check your local health dept or health dept where fair is held. Rules vary from county to county.

MattG
05-24-2011, 07:37 PM
^^^^^^ What He said

PorkQPine
05-25-2011, 11:22 AM
Festivals are a crap shoot. I would start with some on-site catering and check out some festivals before commiting to do one. It can be rewarding but you can also lose your a_ _ _.

Dr_KY
05-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Agreed!!! I lost mine a few times and stay away from them now.

Jacked UP BBQ
05-25-2011, 02:39 PM
We love vending. We are in your area a bit. In order to keep the HD's happy we have a mobile sanitation kitchen. You will need the basics to get by, but to be able to go anywhere you will need - Three bay sink w/hotwater, handwash sick w/hotwater, electric refrigeration, canopy for outside service, mechanical or gas hot holding and the other basics.