PDA

View Full Version : good cue near OBX NC?

burris
05-20-2011, 10:29 PM
Hi, I'm staying in the Outer Banks North Carolina and would like to find some really good bbq. We're planning to hit Wood Chicks on the way back to Norfolk on Sunday but I'd be interested in hearing about any places that are as good or better and perhaps closer to OBX. AtDhVaAnNkCsE

JMSetzler
05-20-2011, 10:59 PM
Well, this is off your topic request, but if you get a chance to eat here, I highly recommend it... especially if you like beer...

http://obbrewing.com/

The Shrimp and Grits here were off the hook....

Jburt
05-20-2011, 11:36 PM
If you're in Duck or up North, my in laws swear by the Duck Deli, Pigman's is alright but honestly, I wouldn't call anything at the OBX worthy of NC. That said, stop at "the Border Station" at the VA/NC line and try their Q, it's good, and get some Virginia Diner peanuts (butter toasted is incredible) and slab bacon while you're there (and for after the Q, a pouch of Peachy chewing tobacco...mmm).

weatherman
05-22-2011, 08:20 AM
In my opinion there is nothing worth calling Q at the obx. Now as far as seafood... Jolly Roger, Kelly's, Captain George's, Jimmy's Buffet (especially for crab legs) These places run about the same thing... 25 -35 dollars per person. It really depends on where you are staying on the OBX. Duck has some nice places. There is nothing good in my opinion on the way to Avon or that side of the Orgeon Inlet Bridge. Sorry there is no good BBQ place.