PDA

View Full Version : Great Lakes BBQ Supply Company.........they ROCK!!!

Wampus
05-20-2011, 10:50 AM
Alright, it's gotta be said. AGAIN.

I've shopped at GLBBQS for a year or so now. Not REALLY often, but when I need something, these are the guys I go to.

Reason #1: LIGHTNING FAST delivery. I place an order, within seconds I get a confirmation. Which, OK I get that's probably automated. It is generated automatically by the website or something. BUT, within hours, I typically recieve an email that the order has been shipped. I get notice from both Paypal and them. I typically get whatever I order within 2-3 days. Sometimes the next day. I can DEPEND on these guys.

Reason #2: OUTSTANDING customer service. I placed an order last Friday for a gallon of sauce for a catering gig I have this Sunday. After recieving confirmation and notice of shipment as quickly as usual, everything was all good. To date, I've still not recieved the package. I know that it likely wasn't on them as they'd already told me that they shipped it. This morning, after checking at my local PO branch only to find it wasn't there, I sent an email to them through their website "contact us" option. In (and I'm not exagerating) 15 farkin minutes I get a return email from Mike. He investigated the tracking number and found that it was due to arrive today and told me so. Any worries I had are now put to rest.

Granted, it would have arrived anyway and perhaps my stress was a bit premature and unwarranted, but since I'm cooking for 200 people on Sunday and the sauce I ordered was specifically requested as one of the 2 sauces I provide, it's something that was definitely on my mind.

Steve and Mike.....you guys will ALWAYS have my business. If I need it and I can get it at your place.....DONE. Great customer service is a farking DYING art in this country. I just wanted to let you know it's much appreciated.

Brethren......if you haven't, check them out. Outstanding operation. PLUS.....they're BBQ Brethren.
http://www.greatlakesbbqsupply.com/

If it weren't for THIS place, I'd have never heard of them.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.......

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!!!
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

NOTE: I have absolutely NO ties to this company. This is simply a raving fan spreading the word.

Kempis

Frank Grimes
05-20-2011, 10:55 AM
Great to hear about what an outstanding company they are. What sauce are you using?

bigabyte
05-20-2011, 11:02 AM
I concur. I have had the same experiences. I'll never forget my first time. They sent me all the right messages and spent all night packing and stuffing my box, I'll never forget it. Their package came so fast I couldn't believe it! And it was all soooooo very tasty! I highly recommend them. They even did a follow up with me!:thumb:

In case you think I'm just joking around, here was my first order. Fantastic service, and great guys. Plus, they are Brethren and they sell many (if not all) Brethren products).:thumb:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81953

Wampus
05-20-2011, 01:15 PM
Great to hear about what an outstanding company they are. What sauce are you using?

I'm using Blues Hog Original and Big Butz Cranberry. I ordered the BH from Great Lakes. Cooked a few butts a couple of weeks ago with the same rub I'm using this weekend (Simply Marvelous Cherry.....ANOTHER great product) and sent over samples of some PP with BH original, BH Tenessee Red, Big Butz Original and Big Butz Cranberry. The customer wanted 2 sauces and chose BH O and BB C.

Here's a thread I put up about it.....
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106067

got14u
05-20-2011, 01:35 PM
I second that...I also got to try their rib rub and was very impressed, and the service was excellent:thumb:

Brewer
05-20-2011, 01:45 PM
I wish they carried Kosmo's products....

got14u
05-20-2011, 02:08 PM
That and some Mad Hunky Rub.....I'm sure you can only carry so much rubs tho. If ya haven't tried either you should give it a whirlI wish they carried Kosmo's products....

pigdog
05-20-2011, 02:15 PM
Mad Hunky is da bomb!

chambersuac
05-20-2011, 03:38 PM
The Brethren owned companies are great - and this one is one of the best. I stopped ordering from them for a while, 'cause Steve yelled at me on Facebook. :)

Kidding, kidding.

They do have great service, and a great selection. They carry all the stuff I buy - now, if they had BigButz...

deguerre
05-20-2011, 03:39 PM
Great Lakes is indeed a class act. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them.
Same with Tom's (BigButz) company too. His Cranberry is Redhot's absolute fave with the No Butz coming in at a close second.

Saiko
05-20-2011, 07:08 PM
Agreed! Great company and I'm all about supporting Brethren.

Rich Parker
05-20-2011, 07:25 PM
Mad Hunky is da bomb!

That and some Mad Hunky Rub.....I'm sure you can only carry so much rubs tho. If ya haven't tried either you should give it a whirl

I know they were carrying Mad Hunky rub last year, but i do see it is gone now. Maybe Rich pulled it.

tearl42
05-20-2011, 09:56 PM
I'll pipe in here too. GLBBQS is awesome, I'm lucky enough to live in Michigan and Mike has never failed to meet me at the truck stop to give me my order. They are a great company to deal with, now if they would just get then large disposable cutting boards.. :)

Spydermike72
05-24-2011, 09:48 AM
All right I hear you!! :-P We will contact Big Butz... :thumb:

The Pigman
05-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Kempis come to PGB next year if they have it and you will get to spend the cooking with the Michigan Boys............