PDA

View Full Version : Generaters

woodwardbbq
05-19-2011, 07:05 PM
I am looking at a 6500 hondaor a yamaha. Has any one had any noise or and other problems with the honda or yamaha generaters. Please give me feed back on your experience.Thanks

Texana
05-19-2011, 08:55 PM
I am looking at a 6500 hondaor a yamaha. Has any one had any noise or and other problems with the honda or yamaha generaters. Please give me feed back on your experience.Thanks

I have been running a pair of Honda 2000's for about 3 years ..... no problem. Ran them 18 days when Hurricane Ike hit. Of course I change the oil regular so I am sure that helps as well.

crd26a
05-19-2011, 08:56 PM
You won't hear bad things about the Honda's or Yamah's (I've rented the Yamaha's). Tend to be very quiet, reliable When I bought my 6k Generator I ended up going with the Kipor. It is a little louder (Honda 60 db, Yamaha ~60, Kipor ~70) but the price difference was the driver (around half). I've had great luck with it so far (battery dead when it arrived but charged fully). Might not be on your list but worth a look.

speedrcer1
05-20-2011, 10:29 AM
Here is another thread.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102325

A buddy there (Tim) bought the Champion and is very happy with it. I think it's quiter than a kipor, but slightly louder than a honda. At half the price.