PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Moody, AL

Jasong
05-16-2011, 10:10 PM
Hello all,

My name is Jason I am from Moody, AL, thats about 20 miles east of Birmingham. I have always been a fan of eating BBQ in many various forms, but didn't get the bug to cook it myself till last year. I bought an ECB so I wouldn't have a bunch of money tied up into it if things didn't turn out well. I ended up making alot of modifications to it and had it working pretty well. Unfortunately the tornadoes of 4/27 ate it along with our gas grill and patio furniture :shocked:
. But not us or our house thank God. I replaced the ECB last week with a 22.5" WSM though so things are definitely looking up!!

Looking forward to being a part of the community!

smoken Jokers
05-16-2011, 10:45 PM
Glad to here everyone is OK there, I have kids and grand Kids in B-Town Chelsea area that was a big scare for all of us. I am from kansas you no they say this is the area for tornadoes but Ive been here 7 years and havent had any problems yet.

Smoken Jokers
1- 250 gal off set Wood Burner
2- BGE's
1 40" Master Built Elec.

JMSetzler
05-16-2011, 11:30 PM
Sorry to hear about the damage and loss, but very glad to hear about the new WSM! Those things rock....

ps - Roll Tide!

Rookie'48
05-17-2011, 12:48 AM
Welcome to our crazy little club house!

MikeR
05-17-2011, 07:59 AM
Glad you could join us.:thumb: Glad you just lost some stuff that can be replaced and no major damage or worse.

Westexbbq
05-17-2011, 12:05 PM
Welcome to the camp,
Jason.
Stroll around the grounds until you feel at home,
Enjoy.

Bama Q
05-17-2011, 11:26 PM
Glad you and family are all OK. I'm north of you, in Hammondville, Al. exit 231 on I- 59. A scary night, I watched it come across Sand Mountain then turn, and went into Georgia, A lot of our neighbors lost everything. Glad to have a fellow BBQ'er so close. We will have to share some Que and BBQ stories sometime. Welcome

Big George's BBQ
05-18-2011, 09:12 AM
Welcome

J_Don
05-18-2011, 12:36 PM
Welcome aboard and I'm sorry to hear of your loss but at least your home and family are O.K. The South has definitely been taking a beating lately and we are still waiting for the Mighty Mississip to crest. My daughters and grandkids live in Huntsville also known as another tornado alley. I have a WSM too and I know you will love yours.

Wampus
05-22-2011, 07:49 AM
Welcome from Indiana!!!!!

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

altongrady
05-24-2011, 05:24 PM
Welcome Jason! Sorry about your loss of equipment, but like you said, stuff is replaceable. My name is Al, and I live in Gadsden, and do most of my cooking on a Bandera. Glad to have someone so close!