PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. 2011 PoorQue, Montello WI - June 10 & 11, 2011

Harbormaster
05-16-2011, 10:27 AM
Might just be me and my oldest boy, but we are entered for this one.

Who else is coming?

Coz
05-16-2011, 05:08 PM
I guess we will be coming . Along with over 40 other teams ! Lots of new teams and lots of old teams.

Ron_L
05-16-2011, 06:32 PM
I guess we will be coming

There goes the weather :becky:

We'll be there. Coffee will be ready around 6:30 on Saturday morning and I should have bags for sale for $12.

Coz
05-16-2011, 09:27 PM
Afraid to look at this weekends weather ,I just told the guys goin with to bring their rain gear.

Divemaster
05-19-2011, 09:19 AM
We’ll be there… Ramona was going to try this one on her own but has decided against it and come back to the fold.

Boss Hog Wild
05-19-2011, 10:17 AM
Sweet Bourbon Smokers will be there as well. How could we miss out on watching Tony and Anita work their buns off.... Besides, we have to add to the pot of money we walked away with last year. Wonderful, relaxing contest. Can't wait.

Burnita Boy 1
05-19-2011, 10:34 PM
We'll be there, should be lots o' fun again!

moosesbbq
05-20-2011, 09:26 PM
Moose's will be there. First time there for us but its close to home.

Hogtie N' Ride
05-24-2011, 01:19 PM
Sweet Bourbon Smokers will be there as well. How could we miss out on watching Tony and Anita work their buns off.... Besides, we have to add to the pot of money we walked away with last year. Wonderful, relaxing contest. Can't wait.

With 44 teams this year...... very possible :shocked:, but still some time to enjoy the event :-D. Can't wait to see all our BBQ family! Thanks to everyone for the support!

Divemaster
05-24-2011, 03:25 PM

With 44 teams this year...... very possible :shocked:, but still some time to enjoy the event :-D. Can't wait to see all our BBQ family! Thanks to everyone for the support!
You mean I could get more than the $17 I took home last year for Reserve?!?!?!?:becky:

Boss Hog Wild
05-24-2011, 05:53 PM
No....., I think they meant that it might be possible that this year they will have to work. (44 teams) Don't think T&A are accustomed to that...hahaha. It will still be PoorQue, and your $17 still beats our $4.

DavidLSI
05-24-2011, 07:34 PM
This will be my first real event.... and I am more than excited. It is pretty much all I think about.

First adjustment has presented itself; the guy who said he would do this with us as informed me that he will not be joining us. He said after our practice run that it is not for him. He did not enjoy himself at all which I guess I understand. But I was counting his pick up truck to haul a good portion of our stuff in.

I have ordered a hitch for my car, it arrived today and I am installing it after dinner. A rental trailer is reserved so all is well......

SeeYa
DavidLSI

Scottie
05-25-2011, 11:35 AM
I would think that massive prize fund wohld go up with more teams... wont make it again this year. Maybe next year...

Divemaster
05-25-2011, 12:42 PM
You mean I could get more than the $17 I took home last year for Reserve?!?!?!?:becky:

No....., I think they meant that it might be possible that this year they will have to work. (44 teams) Don't think T&A are accustomed to that...hahaha. It will still be PoorQue, and your $17 still beats our $4.

Hey, a man can dream can't he? LOL Actually we all had a great time helping out the 1st timers so it was worth it!

This will be my first real event.... and I am more than excited. It is pretty much all I think about.

First adjustment has presented itself; the guy who said he would do this with us as informed me that he will not be joining us. He said after our practice run that it is not for him. He did not enjoy himself at all which I guess I understand. But I was counting his pick up truck to haul a good portion of our stuff in.

I have ordered a hitch for my car, it arrived today and I am installing it after dinner. A rental trailer is reserved so all is well......

SeeYa
DavidLSI

A new hitch? Heck, I ordered a new truck to haul all of our stuff! We'll be there mid-morning (at the same spots we had last year on the top of the hill so I'm told), swing on by and say hey!

DavidLSI
05-25-2011, 05:10 PM
A new hitch? Heck, I ordered a new truck to haul all of our stuff! We'll be there mid-morning (at the same spots we had last year on the top of the hill so I'm told), swing on by and say hey!

My father-in-law mentioned to my wife that I needed a truck, I think that I got a new hitch should indicate the response to his idea. :heh:

Harbormaster
05-25-2011, 05:13 PM
I have ordered a hitch for my car, it arrived today and I am installing it after dinner.
You're further ahead then I was for my first comp. I installed my hitch the night before I had to leave.

I have yet to receive any confirmation that I'm even in. Has anybody gotten something in the mail?

PimpSmoke
05-25-2011, 09:14 PM
Clark I'm in, see you there.

Keep my seat warm

Ron_L
05-25-2011, 09:16 PM

Keep my seat warm

I'm just going to let that one slide by... :shocked:

DavidLSI
05-25-2011, 09:35 PM
You're further ahead then I was for my first comp. I installed my hitch the night before I had to leave.

I have yet to receive any confirmation that I'm even in. Has anybody gotten something in the mail?

I got an e-mail and a phone call....

Trainwreck
05-25-2011, 11:32 PM
I will try and stop by and visit. Unfortunately we were unable to cook this one

Ron_L
05-26-2011, 08:20 AM

I hope that you can make it!

Harbormaster
06-03-2011, 11:22 AM

Keep my seat warm

What time will you be able to get there? I hope to get there noonish

If ya get there, make sure ya stop in...

Captain P.J.
06-03-2011, 11:35 AM
We'll be there again as well and can't wait! We have the same spot on top of the hill (A-1) and look forward to seeing some familiar faces and meeting some new ones!! We will be there Thursday afternoon as we rented a cabin for the weekend for our 2 sons to play on the beach and hangout with all the bbq folks!!

Hogtie N' Ride
06-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Just an update. 43 teams, quite a few first timers so help from experienced teams to match them up with will be appreciated. We really appreciate all the support for this event. Thank you to everyone competing and judgeing!!!

BBQ John
06-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Will Grill Fest Control will be there. I haven't received a confirmation yet but my check was cashed so I am assuming we are in. This is our second comp. and we are looking to add some more hardware (we took 3rd in ribs at the Big Pig Gig last year)

PimpSmoke
06-05-2011, 08:32 PM
What time will you be able to get there? I hope to get there noonish

Right around then, unless you want to meet me close to I-90 for the cooler.

Harbormaster
06-05-2011, 10:14 PM
Right around then, unless you want to meet me close to I-90 for the cooler.

I'll meet you there. I should have adequate cooleridge to get the meat there. Just thinking for additional storage is all.

Thanks Pimp.

Harbormaster
06-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Just a couple more days.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t282/harbormasterwyc/forecastmontallo.jpg

Captain P.J.
06-07-2011, 02:29 PM
That's a forcast I can live with!

BBQ John
06-07-2011, 07:58 PM
thats not even close to the forecast i have seen. i really hope for once in my life i'm wrong because i would love to see that.

DavidLSI
06-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Trailer packed, I only need to stop for ice and greens on the way out tomorrow morning.

I hope I can sleep good tonight, I am uber excited....

SeeYa
DavidLSI

Ron_L
06-09-2011, 11:20 PM
We're all loaded as well. I'm hoping that we can getbout of here by 7:30 at the latest.

BBQ John
06-10-2011, 08:22 AM
we are pretty much packed as well. hope to be on the road by mid morning and on our way. and it looks like the rain isn't going to be a factor like they were saying earlier this week. good luck everybody and i will be sure to come around and meet some of you over the course of the weekend.