PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Guru Onyx Smoker

SmokinGuitarPlayer
05-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Is anyone using the Guru Onyx Smoker/Oven for comps? If so , how are you finding it ...easy to use ? Easy to transport? Good results? Overall pleased with the product for the price?

I appreciate any comments, thanks
FB/SGP

watg?
05-03-2011, 06:19 PM
We just bought one and so far have been very pleased. Gets to temp very quickly, recovers fast after the door is opened. The best thing is the unit is a miser when it comes to fuel consumption. The service from the Guru gang is second to none, I have cooked (and still do) on their Tall Boy and have found their service and support to be outstanding.

bigdogphin
05-03-2011, 07:46 PM
For those that want to check it out.

http://www.thebbqguru.com/products/Onyx-Oven-Barbeque-Smoker.html

Jacked UP BBQ
05-03-2011, 09:31 PM
Guru sure seems to do great on them all the time!

The Virginian
05-03-2011, 10:07 PM
I currently use a Tallboy, and am looking forward to getting an Onyx at some point in the not to distant future. I have watched the guru folks cook on them at contests for 2 seasons, and they are wonderful.

Brett

Big Poppa
05-04-2011, 11:24 AM
fred you could call me......

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
05-04-2011, 12:00 PM
We just bought one and so far have been very pleased. Gets to temp very quickly, recovers fast after the door is opened. The best thing is the unit is a miser when it comes to fuel consumption. The service from the Guru gang is second to none, I have cooked (and still do) on their Tall Boy and have found their service and support to be outstanding.

George is right on!! I bought one of the original prototypes used a couple of months ago and the things rock! They are able to handle full steam table pans which is nice. 3 shelfs give it alot of versitility to handle large and small cuts of meat.