PDA

View Full Version : Unless I've horribly miscalculated...

Bigmista
04-30-2011, 09:03 PM
...we're going to Vegas baby!!!

AZScott and I should be getting the two wild card spots!

YES!!!

Gonna try to confirm with arlieque.

Muzzlebrake
04-30-2011, 09:09 PM
I don't want to jinx it.........so until it's official I'm holding off on saying anything

Mrs. McFrankenboo
04-30-2011, 09:12 PM
It's amazing what you can do with a piece of plywood over your cooker :-P look forward to seeing you there!

big matt
04-30-2011, 09:35 PM
I just got word that the 8th place teams score was 636.6

MrSmoker
04-30-2011, 09:38 PM
It's amazing what you can do with a piece of plywood over your cooker :-P look forward to seeing you there!
You think he'll use the UDS or the new Spicewine in Vegas? :heh:

Sylvie
04-30-2011, 09:39 PM
I just got word that the 8th place teams score was 636.6
Looks good for you Neil.

Ron_L
04-30-2011, 09:50 PM
I hope it works out, Mista!

Muzzlebrake
04-30-2011, 11:12 PM
is it official yet?

Bigmista
04-30-2011, 11:48 PM
Not official until I get word from the...well...the officials.

Muzzlebrake
04-30-2011, 11:58 PM
then I'm not talking until they do:becky: it s bad mojo

but let me say that this is much more the attitude I expected from Sam's contestants! even you left coasters :thumb:

Q-Dat
05-01-2011, 01:59 AM
Hope you get that spot!

I just got on the waiting list for the Baton Rouge event. We are the third team down. I'm crossing my fingers for you guys and us!

Sledneck
05-01-2011, 06:07 AM
Could you explain the deal with the wild card?

KC_Bobby
05-01-2011, 09:24 AM
Wildcard - top 2 scores from the 4 first round comps that didn't finish in the top 7. It is possible that the 2 wildcards come from the same first round competition.

Think of it kinda like NFL playoffs.

Bigmista
05-01-2011, 09:38 AM
You think he'll use the UDS or the new Spicewine in Vegas? :heh:

The UDS and the Ranch Kettle. Not enough cooks on the new Spicewine. No experiments at a contest, especially a big one. Going with what I know.

Vince RnQ
05-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Unless there is something we've all missed in the rules, the two Wild Cards are, indeed, Little Miss BBQ and Bigmista's Barbecue, both coming from the Gilbert Local.

Little Miss BBQ had a score of 638.2856 and Bigmista's Barbecue was just .0002 behind that at 638.2854.

The number 8 team at Loveland had a score of 636+, the winner in Sacramento had a score of 632+ and the pass down team on the bubble at Santa Fe has a score of 627+. That leaves the top 2 teams with the highest point totals who have not earned one of the seven qualifying slots at a Local event as Little Miss BBQ and Bigmista's Barbecue.

Looks like there will be 9 team in the Las Vegas Regional that cooked in the Gilbert Local.

Congrats on making it to the next round!

Sledneck
05-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Unless there is something we've all missed in the rules, the two Wild Cards are, indeed, Little Miss BBQ and Bigmista's Barbecue, both coming from the Gilbert Local.

Little Miss BBQ had a score of 638.2856 and Bigmista's Barbecue was just .0002 behind that at 638.2854.

The number 8 team at Loveland had a score of 636+, the winner in Sacramento had a score of 632+ and the pass down team on the bubble at Santa Fe has a score of 627+. That leaves the top 2 teams with the highest point totals who have not earned one of the seven qualifying slots at a Local event as Little Miss BBQ and Bigmista's Barbecue.

Looks like there will be 9 team in the Las Vegas Regional that cooked in the Gilbert Local.

Congrats on making it to the next round!Thank YOU for the reply. SO does that mean the other low scoring guys get knocked out? Does every region have (2) wild card spots? Are their wild card after the next round of regionals?

Jorge
05-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Thank YOU for the reply. SO does that mean the other low scoring guys get knocked out? Does every region have (2) wild card spots? Are their wild card after the next round of regionals?

Top 10 from each of the 5 regionals I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sledneck
05-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Top 10 from each of the 5 regionals I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know that part of it. What im asking is their a wild card for those 5 events as well?

I love the idea of this series, i have never been so excited to cook an event like this one. I do hate the fact that mine all the way in sept cause i gotta wait till then and then its a marathon if i get the next 2 rounds cause it will all be in a one month span. Hopefully they spread it out differently next year for my region.

Muzzlebrake
05-01-2011, 01:28 PM
not that I know of, its just for the 3 regionals mentioned in the rules;

A. Fifty teams from the five (5) Regional contests will be invited to compete at the National contest.

B. Every Region will not have the same number of contests. For that reason, the following number of teams from each Region will go to the National contest.

Region 1: Las Vegas, NV – 10 teams
Region 2: Fort Worth, TX – 10 teams
Region 3: Jackson, TN – 11 teams
Region 4: Indianapolis, IN – 10 teams
Region 5: Medford, NY – 9 teams

C. Teams qualifying for the National will be determined by the top overall scores, in order, from each Region. For example, in Region 5 (Medford, NY), the top 9 finishers will advance to the National competition. If, however, one of those top 9 finishers has already qualified for the National competition in a previous Regional, then the next top finisher (the 10th as it pertains to Region 5) will win entry into National, and so on and so forth in each Region.

D. Qualifying into a Regional will occur in a similar fashion. The top finishers at the Locals will move on to the Regional to comprise 30 teams at each Regional:

Region 1, 2, and 4: The top seven (7) overall finishers at each of the four (4) Local contests will automatically advance. This will create a field of 28 teams. For the last 2 teams, the two top overall scores (excluding the 28 automatically advanced teams) from any of the Local contests in that region will advance. In the event of a tie for the 29th and 30th positions, the KCBS Tie-Breaker Rule will be applied. Click here for the rule.

Region 3: The top 6 overall finishers at each of the five (5) Local contests will advance.

Region 5: The top 10 overall finishers at each of the three (3) Local contests will advance.

Ford
05-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Late again I see. Thanks for the detailed post.

To qualify for the regional in region 1,2,4 it's the top 7 plus the 2 wild cards discussed on this thread. For Region 3 it's the top 6 in each of 5 contests and for region 5 it's the top 10 in 3 contests. Obviously the east coast teams have a big advanteage in getting to the regionals but less teams get to compete locally.

For the championship it's the top 10 in each regional. 10 spots in Bentonville will be filled next weekend.

Vince RnQ
05-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Thank YOU for the reply. SO does that mean the other low scoring guys get knocked out? Does every region have (2) wild card spots? Are their wild card after the next round of regionals?

What Muzzlebrake posted in Post #19 is straight from the series rules as listed at KCBS. There are only going to be Wild Card teams from the Regions that have four local contests, those being Regions 1, 2 & 4.

There are going to be 7 teams from each of the four Local contests, even if they have to go very deep into the field. As it stands right now, all 7 slots from the Gilbert, AZ Local have been filled and paid for. One team in that Local dropped out and was replaced by the 8th Place Overall finisher from that contest. There are only 6 paid/confirmed teams from both Sacramento, CA and Santa Fe, NM.

Three teams from the top 7 in Sacramento have dropped and two of those three slots have been filled, one by the 8th Place Overall finisher and the other by the 13th Place finisher. There is still one slot from the Sacramento Local left for a team to accept.

As for Santa Fe, one team from the top 7 there has definitely dropped and has been filled by the 10th Place Overall finisher. (Two teams that qualified in Gilbert also cooked in Santa Fe so the 9th Place Overall team was actually the 7th team to qualify and the 10th Place Overall team was the original bubble team.) Apparently there is a strong possibility that another of the top 7 may drop so the 11th Place Overall team is now on the bubble.

I think all the teams that have qualified will have until Tuesday morning to pay for their slots in Las Vegas and if they don't, those empty slots will be offered to the next teams in line from each respective Local.

As for those Wild Card teams, they could have come from any of the four Locals based solely on the criteria of highest score that didn't get one of the slots from their respective Local event. It is just coincidental that those two teams are both from the same Local, that being Gilbert, AZ.

Sledneck
05-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Ok i get it now, im a bit slow Thanks. CMon September!

WannaBeBBQueen
05-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Thanks to everyone that has helped explain this...a bit confusing, but I'm with Sled c'mon September!! lol

Bigmista
05-03-2011, 08:42 AM
It's Tuesday and still no word that I'm in for the contest this Friday. This part sucks!

Brewmaster
05-03-2011, 08:51 AM
It's Tuesday and still no word that I'm in for the contest this Friday. This part sucks!

Get on the horn.

Sylvie
05-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Regional Event: N. Las Vegas, NV

Date: May 6 - May 7, 2011

Confirmed Teams:
2 Lil' Mac's NNQ
all hogs go to heaven
Big B's Down n Dirty BBQ
Big Shot BBQ
Bigmista's Barbecue
Bubba-Q'S
IAB 30 BBQ
Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ
Jo-Bawb's BBQ
Jumpin' Jim's BBQ
Leukemia Sucks Too
Little Miss BBQ
Loot N' Booty BBQ
mcfrankenboo bbq
OOPS-Outstanding Order of the Pig society
Pellet Envy
Piggy D's BBQ
R&R BBQ
Rhythm 'n QUE
ROUTE 66 CATERING CREW
side of the tracks
Smoked To The Bone
Smokey's Bar-B-Que
Smokin' Triggers
Steel City BBQ
Sweet Peppers
The Smoking Hills
TheSmokeRing.com
Tropical Heat BBQ
Whiskey Ranvh
From the KCBS site. Bigmista is IN!!!!!!

ique
05-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Tough lineup there!

Regional Event: N. Las Vegas, NV

Date: May 6 - May 7, 2011

Confirmed Teams:
2 Lil' Mac's NNQ
all hogs go to heaven
Big B's Down n Dirty BBQ
Big Shot BBQ
Bigmista's Barbecue
Bubba-Q'S
IAB 30 BBQ
Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ
Jo-Bawb's BBQ
Jumpin' Jim's BBQ
Leukemia Sucks Too
Little Miss BBQ
Loot N' Booty BBQ
mcfrankenboo bbq
OOPS-Outstanding Order of the Pig society
Pellet Envy
Piggy D's BBQ
R&R BBQ
Rhythm 'n QUE
ROUTE 66 CATERING CREW
side of the tracks
Smoked To The Bone
Smokey's Bar-B-Que
Smokin' Triggers
Steel City BBQ
Sweet Peppers
The Smoking Hills
TheSmokeRing.com
Tropical Heat BBQ
Whiskey Ranvh
From the KCBS site. Bigmista is IN!!!!!!

Vince RnQ
05-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Tough lineup there!

Should be quite a contest. No "gimmies" at this one.

Muzzlebrake
05-03-2011, 01:38 PM
now that its official, Congrats Neil!:thumb:

Dr_KY
05-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Huge congrats guys and girls!

This looks like a real slobber-knocker!

Bigmista
05-03-2011, 02:03 PM
I don't know all of the teams listed. Are there any other teams from California besides me, All hogs go to heaven and Tropical Heat?

BowtieBill
05-03-2011, 02:25 PM
I don't know all of the teams listed. Are there any other teams from California besides me, All hogs go to heaven and Tropical Heat?

Big B's Down & Dirty is from Pacifica, Ca.

Big Shot BBQ is from Discovery Bay, Ca.

Vince RnQ
05-03-2011, 02:33 PM
Smokey's Bar-B-Que and Leukemia Sucks Too competed in the Sacramento Local but I don't know their home states.

BowtieBill
05-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Smokey's Bar-B-Que and Leukemia Sucks Too competed in the Sacramento Local but I don't know their home states.

I believe they are both from Washington.