PDA

View Full Version : Throwing our hat in the ring...

bover
04-26-2011, 09:54 AM
I just put the registration form in the mail for this year's Battle of the Brisket in Mission, KS Sept. 16-17. My buddy coopkc (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/member.php?u=22564) and I are a couple of Montana natives living in the KC area now and decided to call ourselves Big Sky BBQ. We both took Bunny's CBJ class in Sugar Creek last year, judged a slug of contests, and now decided to see what it's like first-hand to be on the other side of the 9x9 styrofoam boxes.

So if any of you guys are at the Mission contest and see a couple of husky mountain boys nervously watching some drums and kettles overnight, please stop by and say hey. I'm really looking forward to the experience!

Fatback Joe
04-26-2011, 10:03 AM
Welcome to the insanity. :becky:

Good luck out there.

Carnivorous Endeavors BBQ
04-26-2011, 11:18 AM
Good Luck! It only takes one time and you'll be hooked.

My fiancee and I also attended the Bunny & Rich's CBJ class last year in Sugar Creek, Mo. We made a mini-vacation out of it and did the Table Captains class the next day since we were traveling from Louisiana.

Again, Good Luck at the Battle of the Brisket!!

bover
04-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Good Luck! It only takes one time and you'll be hooked.

My fiancee and I also attended the Bunny & Rich's CBJ class last year in Sugar Creek, Mo. We made a mini-vacation out of it and did the Table Captains class the next day since we were traveling from Louisiana.

Again, Good Luck at the Battle of the Brisket!!

Ah! So you were that group from LA sitting at the back table. I remember being quite impressed that folks would travel that far for the class. I hope you enjoyed our fair city, and thanks!

Carnivorous Endeavors BBQ
04-26-2011, 12:29 PM
That was us! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. In addition to the classes, we went to the zoo, Nelson-Atkins museum, Union Station and of course a bunch of restaurants. Every time i mentioned going to Kansas City, everyone always asked "why would you go there?". I had a great trip and will definitely try to make it back for a longer stay in the future.

watg?
04-26-2011, 02:58 PM
Good luck and have fun!

gooose53
04-26-2011, 10:52 PM
Best of luck at the contest!!

TomB
04-30-2011, 08:29 AM
Have fun!

Big George's BBQ
04-30-2011, 08:45 AM
Congrat Good Luck and most important Have Fun

White Dog BBQ
04-30-2011, 01:33 PM
Another addict in the making! Good luck!

ParkAvenue_2
04-30-2011, 02:08 PM
Good luck at Mission. Welcome to the circuit!

We haven't decided if we are doing Mission or not, but if we do, we'll stop by :thumb:

HarleyEarl
04-30-2011, 09:58 PM
You're going to kick yourself for waiting for Mission as your first comp. It's late in the year and you might not be able to get into another one before the end of the season and will have to dream of that elusive GC all winter. Since you've decided to take the plunge - go for it and enter early and often...Not sure if we are doing Mission or not - if we do, that would be four weekends in a row! Don't know if I would have to sleep in the dog house if I did that...But will stop by and say hey if we don't compete.

Best of luck to you!