PDA

View Full Version : Lexington NC BBQ Capital Cook-Off

smokeyw
04-24-2011, 09:06 AM
I see several of the Brethren teams did very well at this competition. Congratulations!!! :clap2:
http://www.kcbs.us/events.php?year=2011&month=4&id=2564

RobKC
04-24-2011, 09:27 AM
We weren't one of the Brethren teams that did well. 9th in chicken and 13th in ribs is an improvement over Kings Mountain. We turned in a nice pot roast instead of brisket and scored accordingly.

Congrats to Finney who showed up very late on Friday and took 3rd overall with a couple of nice calls!

Muzzlebrake
04-24-2011, 10:17 AM
Congrats to all the Brethren

nice job Bob! you beat out some great competition in this one!

Finney
04-25-2011, 09:35 AM
We weren't one of the Brethren teams that did well. 9th in chicken and 13th in ribs is an improvement over Kings Mountain. We turned in a nice pot roast instead of brisket and scored accordingly.

Congrats to Finney who showed up very late on Friday and took 3rd overall with a couple of nice calls!

Thanks Rob.

I didn't think I would ever get there on Friday. :rolleyes: Doing a BBQ comp in the middle of moving isn't something I would suggest as part of a winning method.

I didn't get to my site until around 6, and I want to thank all my BBQ buddies that were there and helped me get stuff done. I couldn't have done it without you. And thank you Jenny, where-ever you are, for running my boxes for me. :thumb: She was a friend of a friend, visiting other friends, and offered yo help.

Stupid contest didn't pay out to 3rd overall, and I missed 2nd by 2-ten thousands of a point..... :tsk:

U2CANQUE
04-25-2011, 10:11 AM
Jen said she had a blast helping you out bud.....I just wish that I could have been there also....but, it just was not one of those practical contests for me.....congrats on a strong finish......

gooose53
04-25-2011, 08:19 PM
Nice work Finney!!!

Rub
04-25-2011, 10:28 PM
Nice calls Rob, and congrats on the excellent finish Finney!

Finney
04-26-2011, 07:32 PM
Thanks Rub.