PDA

View Full Version : Business cards

ChicagoSizzlin
04-19-2011, 06:42 PM
Anyone recommend a website to get business cards online that is fairly inexpensive? Wasnt sure where to post this so please feel free to move in needed.

jbrink01
04-19-2011, 06:56 PM
Vistaprint

Cook
04-19-2011, 07:19 PM
Is there a printer in your local area? Cards are not expensive and it is always nice to keep your dollars local. Just a suggestion. Good luck.

hotdoggriller
04-19-2011, 07:29 PM
Is there a printer in your local area? Cards are not expensive and it is always nice to keep your dollars local. Just a suggestion. Good luck.

I agree, I actually found a local printer that was even a couple dollars cheaper than vistaprint after you factor in shipping.

It was Aim Mail Center. but any office supply store should be able to do it.

Bbq Bubba
04-19-2011, 07:56 PM
Vistaprint

+1 :thumb:

SmokinAussie
04-19-2011, 08:34 PM
DO NOT USE VISTA PRINT,

As a printer myself... I know the quality of the cards is dreadful and it takes you weeks to get them.

There is a Minuteman Press in Joliet (http://www.joliet.minutemanpress.com/)... go there.. tell them an owner in Australia referred you. I am sure you will be happy.

Regards

Bill

SmokinAussie
04-19-2011, 08:38 PM
Just as a small addition to this. Minuteman Press will shortly be going live with online design and ordering. It will work much better than anything Vistaprint has ever done... AND you get the option of picking your cards up in store... in a few days... Try doing THAT with VistaPrint!:heh::heh::heh:

Also, just Google "Vistaprint sucks" and see what you get!

Cheers!

Bill

ThomEmery
04-19-2011, 09:21 PM
+1 :thumb:

We did Vista Print also
waited about six days
not perfect
Just filled in the blanks
The BAR-B-Q was their design

Learnin Querve
04-19-2011, 09:58 PM
I agree on doing them locally.

Last time I did cards, I sat down with the shop owner, he translated my ideas to his computer screen, offered his expertise on wording and layout, as well as colors, and then printed out the prototype right there.

Then we went to the card stock samples. Something I had never given much thought to. I'm glad I did. My choice of color looked great on some card stock, and horrible on others. And since he had the design and info, I bought a box of custom letterhead and envelopes. Everything was ready in three days.

Also consider if you need invoices and proposals. We're not a paperless society yet....

My .02 worth

Chris

ChicagoSizzlin
04-20-2011, 12:24 AM
DO NOT USE VISTA PRINT,

As a printer myself... I know the quality of the cards is dreadful and it takes you weeks to get them.

There is a Minuteman Press in Joliet (http://www.joliet.minutemanpress.com/)... go there.. tell them an owner in Australia referred you. I am sure you will be happy.

Regards

Bill

Ok wasnt sure on vistaprint either. Will check them out thanks Bill.

5-0 BBQ
04-20-2011, 07:02 AM
I have been using Vista Print for years. I have purchased about 10,000 cards over the past few years. Only once was the color off. I called them up and they did a reprint.

I have also done low run shirt orders for BBQ events and promo items.

Plus Google Vista Print Coupon Codes. I just found one that I used for 80% off.

roksmith
04-20-2011, 08:35 AM
I use Vistaprint every time and have had no issues. The trick is to wait for good deals and order then, not to wait until you need them.
I don't need a thousand at a time. If you do, I can see ordering local, but if you only need a couple hundred at a time,(at least around here) there is no local printer that can come close to the price.. even with shipping.

Cook
04-20-2011, 08:48 AM
time,(at least around here) there is no local printer that can come close to the price.. even with shipping.

I know we live in a cost driven society...I think that same way alot of times as well. Isn't it ironic that we're so fast to send our $$$ elsewhere based on price alone even if the quality and customer services suffers...yet many of the people on this forum are caterers or other business owners who fight the "lower cost/cheaper product" competitors every day? Just ironic...that's all.

5-0 BBQ
04-20-2011, 09:30 AM
I have never had bad customer service with them.

roksmith
04-20-2011, 10:17 AM
..I also have never had an issue with the quality either.
If I did have an issue with either the service or the quality or service, I would move on to another provider as I would expect any of my customers to do.

Jerk Pit Master
04-20-2011, 11:51 PM
I'm very happy with http://gotprint.net/g/pricing.do

Full color, 14pt, uv coating 5000 for $33 all the time.

ChicagoSizzlin
04-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Just wanted to give an update. I talked to a couple of local printers and let me tell you its no wonder people take their business online. I have 2 quotes that look they were written by a 4th grader with no explanation of paper options or glossy techniques. Not to mention one tried to quote me $140 for 2000 cards with already supplied art work. Its a shame because I would rather put the money in someone locals pocket first. It seems otherwise right now.

Stoke&Smoke
04-21-2011, 03:56 PM
Another vote here for VISTAPRINT. We use them and have never had a problem, or a long delay in getting product

ChicagoSizzlin
04-22-2011, 03:30 PM
Giving http://gotprint.net a try right now and see how it goes. A friend of mine used them and I like how his turned out. Thanks for all the info and will let you guys know how my cards turn out as well.

JFYI I ordered 1000 cards for $20. Glossy cards and art I supplied.

SmokinAussie
04-23-2011, 08:47 AM
Giving http://gotprint.net a try right now and see how it goes. A friend of mine used them and I like how his turned out. Thanks for all the info and will let you guys know how my cards turn out as well.

JFYI I ordered 1000 cards for $20. Glossy cards and art I supplied.

I tell you what.

Supply the art to me. You can upload the file here (http://www.knox.minutemanpress.com/servicecenter/send_file.html). I'll be happy to produce you a sample of your business card and send it to you in the USA.

All of you have invested in your good BBQ and your good reputation. How you present yourselves also has to be the best.

When you get a customer who brings this can up to you...
http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae78/SmokinAussie/Misc/DSC_0006_1548.jpg

And asks if he can get a serve of your ribs for the same price... what would you say....:cool::cool:

You pay for quality.. even if it's not BBQ:cool:

ChicagoSizzlin
04-23-2011, 12:23 PM
I tell you what.

Supply the art to me. You can upload the file here (http://www.knox.minutemanpress.com/servicecenter/send_file.html). I'll be happy to produce you a sample of your business card and send it to you in the USA.

All of you have invested in your good BBQ and your good reputation. How you present yourselves also has to be the best.

When you get a customer who brings this can up to you...

And asks if he can get a serve of your ribs for the same price... what would you say....:cool::cool:

You pay for quality.. even if it's not BBQ:cool:

I just sent it thanks SA. Like I said Im always down for helping local businesses and trust me I always do. It just seemed like no one could be bothered with this quote. To me everything is a stepping stone. What could just be a 1000 card order may turn into banners, magnets and brochures.

SmokinAussie
04-23-2011, 06:58 PM
I just sent it thanks SA. Like I said Im always down for helping local businesses and trust me I always do. It just seemed like no one could be bothered with this quote. To me everything is a stepping stone. What could just be a 1000 card order may turn into banners, magnets and brochures.

Just remember guys... I'm in Australia. I wish I COULD do your cards for you. What I'm offering you guys here is an opportunity to understand that you get what you pay for. I'll take a look at that file and I'll ship you a SAMPLE... and when you get your cards done at some cheap arse gang runner print company, then you can compare them and tell me weather or not it's worth the extra money or not.

There is , BTW a lurker here on the forum that is an owner of a Minuteman Press store in the US. I'll leave it up to him to decide weather or not he wants to reveal himself, but if he does, there could be some work in it for him.

Cheers!

Bill

SmokinAussie
04-23-2011, 07:08 PM
Additional: Tony, Just got your artwork. It has no crops and bleed, but I will add that. I will print you a small set of samples and I will ship this to you in the US, totally free of charge. When you get your cards from that other joint, all I ask is that you advise everyone what you think is better. Yes, My cards would be a lot more expensive, but like I say, you don't boil your ribs either...

txschutte
04-23-2011, 07:40 PM
Roo-B-Q (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/member.php?u=3023)and his wife own a Minuteman Press in Omaha. Tom has done a bunch of Brethren stuff in the past, if I'm not mistaken.

SmokinAussie
04-24-2011, 08:10 AM
:tape:

KC_Bobby
04-24-2011, 12:12 PM
If anyone needs art done for cards, fliers, menus, t-shirts and such. Feel free to reach out to me. I'll do them for a nominal fee.

Here's our card and a flier I did for our team.

ChicagoSizzlin
04-25-2011, 12:01 PM
Additional: Tony, Just got your artwork. It has no crops and bleed, but I will add that. I will print you a small set of samples and I will ship this to you in the US, totally free of charge. When you get your cards from that other joint, all I ask is that you advise everyone what you think is better. Yes, My cards would be a lot more expensive, but like I say, you don't boil your ribs either...

SA I will do just that and I dont mind paying paypal or the shipping either. Will send KC a PM as well.

KC_Bobby
04-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Sorry, I probably shouldn't have posted my design skills in this thread due to confusion. I can design promo materials (after logo development) but I do not have the skills to complete logos or equipment to print materials.