PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Smokin' on the Water, Liberty, IN - April 30 & May 1, 2011

BLUECHIP BBQ
04-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Anyone doing this competition?

Mod edit: Edited thread title per the posting guidelines.

INmitch
04-05-2011, 01:51 PM
We'll be there. I know Shigs & Steel Smokin are going.

michiana mark
04-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Roadmaster BBQ will be there. Has anyone gotten any info from the promoters? So far they have cashed my check, but no info yet.

See ya there.

BLUECHIP BBQ
04-05-2011, 03:14 PM
I have not been contacted yet. For those that have been there before, are we set up on pavement or grass?

Bourbon Barrel BBQ
04-05-2011, 04:14 PM
I sent our check off yesterday. Not sure if I'll make the cutoff.

SuperQue
04-05-2011, 05:25 PM
I'll be there to judge.

Rich Parker
04-05-2011, 05:29 PM
I have not been contacted yet. For those that have been there before, are we set up on pavement or grass?

I won't be there this year but last year it was a mix of grass and gravel.

indianagriller
04-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Smoke Break will be there, bring some long extension cords and water hoses...

quarters69
04-05-2011, 09:23 PM
EAT MOR BUTT BBQ Will be there :-D 1st comp of the year for us, ready to go. Indiana Griller, how long are you talking about on the cords and hose.

JayAre
04-06-2011, 11:26 AM
We will be there to judge this year..

be careful where you set up, last year it rained like hell and alot of teams got stuck. Park close to the gravel road so that you can get out quick, gets crowded on the way out with the venders set up right on the road that you have to take to get out.

Divemaster
04-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Roadmaster BBQ will be there. Has anyone gotten any info from the promoters? So far they have cashed my check, but no info yet.

See ya there.

About time we get to see you again!!!

Stockcar BBQ has been doing practices all off season... Ok, most of last season too.... How about most of last season and one last weekend.

Also, I just double checked, the dates are April 30th and May 1st (not the 29th & 30th of April). Damn, you just about gave me a heart attack!! Excuse me for a moment...

Ready, CLEAR! ZZZZZAAAAAPPPP

Now I feel better. Where were we...

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

quarters69
04-12-2011, 05:53 PM
Has anyone got any info yet from the event director.

BLUECHIP BBQ
04-12-2011, 06:57 PM
I sent them an email, i will let you know if i get a reply

quarters69
04-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Sounds good bluechip. Ready to meet you on a couple weeks.

indianagriller
04-12-2011, 09:43 PM
I received a tentative list of teams from him late last week.

Ain't Just Qen Around
Berkee Rae's BBQ -

Bluechip BBQ -

Bobby G's -

Bonehead BBQ -

Bourbon Barrel BBQ -
Bronze Star BBQ -

Buttrubbers BBQ -

Continental Barbecue Co.

Don's Slow Smoked Pit Bar-B-Q -

Double B's Bar-B-Q

Eat Mor Butt BBQ

Fall City Smokers
Fowl Butt BBQ Competition Team

Full Metal BBQ -
Hickory Flats BBQ -

Hogaholics BBQ -

Hoosier Crawdaddy -
Hoosier Que Daddy -

Jay Are-B-Q -

Lousy BBQ -

Pirates of the Grill
Plump Rump BBQ

Pork Brothers BBQ

Porky's House of BBQ

Roadmaster BBQ

Rooter-Tooter BBQ
Shigs in Pit

Smoke Break BBQ

Smoke Shack

Steel Smokin' BBQ

Stockcar BBQ

Sweet Racks & Smokin' Butts BBQ

Weiskracks BBQ

Winks BBQ -

Yellow River BBQ

JayAre
04-13-2011, 09:02 AM
That list is not accurate...JayAre-B-Q will not be competing this year...we are however going to Judge...but not compete (unless he is telling me its free!!!)

Bourbon Barrel BBQ
04-13-2011, 11:12 AM
This is an important comp for us. It's the first stop of the Hoosier Cup and we are looking to build some momentum for Run for the Ribs the following weekend.

sfisch
04-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Divemaster and Roadmaster at the same comp!, Tom from Full Metal Jacket best come back with some good stories!!

Scott

quarters69
04-17-2011, 08:59 AM
2 weeks to go, when do you think the organizer will send out info?

BLUECHIP BBQ
04-17-2011, 02:31 PM
I e-mailed him for info last week no reply ?

BLUECHIP BBQ
04-18-2011, 06:41 PM
the website says cooks meeting at 6:00 pm. the following are the teams listed on website.
1,Able Acres
2.Ain't Just Qen Around
3.Berkee Rae's BBQ
4.Bluechip BBQ
5.Bobby G's
6.Bonehead BBQ
7.Bourbon Barrel BBQ
8.Bronze Star BBQ -
9.Buttrubbers BBQ
10.Continental Barbecue Co.
11.Don's Slow Smoked Pit Bar-B-Q
12.Double B's Bar-B-Q -
13.Eat Mor Butt BBQ
14.Fall City Smokers -
15.Fowl Butt BBQ Competition Team -
16.Full Metal BBQ
17.Hickory Flats BBQ -
18.Hogaholics BBQ -
19.Hoosier Crawdaddy -
20.Hoosier Que Daddy -
21.Lousy BBQ -
22.Pirates of the Grill -
23.Plump Rump BBQ -
24.Pork Brothers BBQ -
25.Porky's House of BBQ -
26.Roadmaster BBQ -
27.Shigs in Pit -
28.Smoke Break BBQ -
29.Smoke Shack -
30.Steel Smokin' BBQ
31.Stockcar BBQ -
32.Sweet Racks & Smokin' Butts BBQ -
33.Weiskracks BBQ -
34.Winks BBQ -
35.Yellow River BBQ -

quarters69
04-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Thanks BLUECHIP. Looks like a good crew of teams. We will have to meet up sat morning.

michiana mark
04-23-2011, 12:38 AM
Divemaster and Roadmaster at the same comp!, Tom from Full Metal Jacket best come back with some good stories!!

Scott

Haven't seen Dive in forever. May have to pull a cork friday evening before prayers. Tom from Full Metal is always up for a bourbon, before he gets his "game Face" on.

sfisch
04-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Haven't seen Dive in forever. May have to pull a cork friday evening before prayers. Tom from Full Metal is always up for a bourbon, before he gets his "game Face" on.

Make sure you tell him "Hi" for me, best of luck to all of you.

Scott

indianagriller
04-24-2011, 05:02 PM
I volunteered to cook for Pros vs Joes, but im not sure the way I have been cooking the last 2 comps i think i fall into the Joe catagory lol...

quarters69
04-24-2011, 05:12 PM
Less than a week to go. Can't wait, we got liberty and then next week we go to Louisville. Our first comp this year, I thought it would never get here.

EatonHoggBBQ
04-24-2011, 05:22 PM
Can't wait, we got liberty and then next week we go to Louisville.

We'll be right behind you both weekends. Hope it's dry in Liberty this year. Louisville going to be great.

INmitch
04-24-2011, 10:43 PM
Liberty has had a BUNCH of rain in the last few days & rain almost everyday this next week. I'm not taking my (new to me) rv down there & burrying it. If I can't line up a small Honda generater to run the roto Fowl Butt won't be there at all. No upgrades have been made to the electric service there. Still got bad vibes runnin thru my brain from last year.

Divemaster
04-25-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday!

We are planning on getting to Richmond late Friday night (I have to work Friday) and the get over to the site early Saturday.

BTW, what's with the delay in the meat inspection (starting at noon)? I just figure that since we all need to be on site by 9:00 that they would start it earlier.

As for the rain, I wish I had the new truck since the 4x4 is out on the old one. I'll bring the tow chains.

Divemaster
04-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Looks like there are a couple of us doing this comp and Evergreen Park.

This could be a good time for us to practice some more!

SuperQue
04-25-2011, 10:43 PM
i'lll have to swing by and say hello Divemaster. I'm also slated to judge the EP event.

Divemaster
04-26-2011, 11:06 AM
i'lll have to swing by and say hello Divemaster. I'm also slated to judge the EP event.

Do that! That way I can show you what my enties look like and give you a check. Just kidding, but do stop by so we can meet face to face!

Bourbon Barrel BBQ
04-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Has anyone heard of any roads being closed in the area? I'd rather not have any surprises on the trip up there.

quarters69
04-26-2011, 05:24 PM
Does any body know of the power issues they had last year??? Bourbon I have no idea on the roads, if I hear something I will let you know.

indianagriller
04-26-2011, 05:54 PM
last year they had 3-4 power trees that everyone ran to, some were 5 ft away some were quite a ways away. Same with water, once everyone got hooked up it was a trickle...

NRA4Life
04-26-2011, 08:45 PM
I'll be there judging...hope to get around and meet some brethren.

quarters69
04-26-2011, 10:12 PM
Come and see us, EAT MOR BUTT BBQ

INmitch
04-26-2011, 10:27 PM
Got me a little Honda lined up to run the roto.:thumb: Gettin rid of the bad vibes n gonna make the best of it. Just gotta talk Lulu to come down on Sunday morn n be my taste tester. I never do worth a sh!t when she aint there!! Plus She can do my boxes......sssshhhh I aint askin her till she gets there.:cool:

michiana mark
04-26-2011, 10:36 PM
We'll be right behind you both weekends. Hope it's dry in Liberty this year. Louisville going to be great.

John, are you cooking or "eating"?

goodbuddiesbbq
04-26-2011, 10:43 PM
Last year...I had to run over 125 feet of extension cord to a setup that had a lot of cords. When all of the people left for the night I drove over to the pavillion and set up over there where I could have my own power. I was cooking on pellet smokers and couldn't risk it.

The worst part was the rain, wind, thunder & lightning...it was absolutely insane!!! I wanted to get back, but am planning on doing Delaware and have one more kid this year than I did last year.

Wife will provide rain, wind, thunder & lightning if I even ask to go to this one!

INmitch
04-26-2011, 11:50 PM
Goodbudies look me up!! Looks like ya get around!:thumb: Would love ta shoot the sh!t!!!

EatonHoggBBQ
04-27-2011, 08:00 AM
John, are you cooking or "eating"?

"Eating" :mad2: LOL.......no, we will be there judging. I guess it did sort of look like I was saying I would be competing. :doh: I just meant we were going to be at the same contests.

tearl42
04-27-2011, 08:45 AM

Lol... Before and after the comp.

FMB will be there with whole crew for this event and with the new RV.

As for stories, I don't kiss and tell unless there's money or bourbon involved. ;-)

Looking forward to kicking off the season and seeing everyone.

grossepellets
04-27-2011, 09:15 AM
I'll be there judging...hope to get around and meet some brethren.
ha ha SEE YOU THERE! WE HAVE NEW CHERRY maybe I'll spare some for you and the Indiana Griller I'll have to think about it though chits expensive

Divemaster
04-27-2011, 09:33 AM
As for stories, I don't kiss and tell unless there's money or bourbon involved.

I'll have one of those but I'm not saying which. LOL

NRA4Life
04-27-2011, 10:04 AM
ha ha SEE YOU THERE! WE HAVE NEW CHERRY maybe I'll spare some for you and the Indiana Griller I'll have to think about it though chits expensive

I didn't know you were going to be at that event Fred. I'll see you over there.

Joneser
04-27-2011, 10:04 AM
Lol... Before and after the comp.

FMB will be there with whole crew for this event and with the new RV.

As for stories, I don't kiss and tell unless there's money or bourbon involved. ;-)

Looking forward to kicking off the season and seeing everyone.

HAND CHECK! :peace:

I look forward to seeing you all there, Tom!
I really hope the Thunderstorms hold off until after we get our trophies...

Rich Parker
04-27-2011, 12:36 PM
Last year...I had to run over 125 feet of extension cord to a setup that had a lot of cords. When all of the people left for the night I drove over to the pavillion and set up over there where I could have my own power. I was cooking on pellet smokers and couldn't risk it.

The worst part was the rain, wind, thunder & lightning...it was absolutely insane!!! I wanted to get back, but am planning on doing Delaware and have one more kid this year than I did last year.

Wife will provide rain, wind, thunder & lightning if I even ask to go to this one!

I got there Friday night last year and after seeing my spot I asked to move and was told to "take my pick". Well I did and ended up having at least an 80 X 40 spot by myself between the two barns. In rained and thunder stormed all night but the ground their stayed firm.

So my advice is to get their EARLY and like previously said bring lots of cords.

Smokesman
04-27-2011, 01:23 PM
I got there Friday night last year and after seeing my spot I asked to move and was told to "take my pick". Well I did and ended up having at least an 80 X 40 spot by myself between the two barns. In rained and thunder stormed all night but the ground their stayed firm.

So my advice is to get their EARLY and like previously said bring lots of cords.

Hey Rich! That move probably saved you during the storms since where we setup wasn't as exposed. I got there friday as well and grabbed the spot up against the north side of the old red barn. That barn turned out to be a great wind break and probably saved our pop-ups from taking a trip to OZ! Recommended spot that stayed dry and wasn't to far from water and electric.

I see your not making the trip south. We aren't able to do Liberty this year - daughters first communion - but Marc and I will be cooking BBQ for 50 Sunday.

Smokesman
04-27-2011, 01:50 PM
And good luck to all the Brethren competing in Liberty this weekend! Velvet Smoke will be cheering you on from Cincinnati!

FYI - The weather is looking good for this weekend and looks to start drying out Friday & Saturday - chance of rain on Sunday but nothing like last year. Also, Brookville Lake is over 11 feet above summer pool and rising an inch an hour which means flooding. With the flooding of the Ohio and Mississippi the Corp does not plan to release water any time soon. That said the comp area is protected by a levee but I am guessing it is below the current lake level so not sure what happens to rainwater that collects in that basin when the lake is up. In any event it is going to be soggy so plan accordingly and perhaps check with Carl to see what the conditions are. Hope this info is helpful!

quarters69
04-27-2011, 05:20 PM
And good luck to all the Brethren competing in Liberty this weekend! Velvet Smoke will be cheering you on from Cincinnati!

FYI - The weather is looking good for this weekend and looks to start drying out Friday & Saturday - chance of rain on Sunday but nothing like last year. Also, Brookville Lake is over 11 feet above summer pool and rising an inch an hour which means flooding. With the flooding of the Ohio and Mississippi the Corp does not plan to release water any time soon. That said the comp area is protected by a levee but I am guessing it is below the current lake level so not sure what happens to rainwater that collects in that basin when the lake is up. In any event it is going to be soggy so plan accordingly and perhaps check with Carl to see what the conditions are. Hope this info is helpful!

Thanks Smokesman, Our first trip there, sounds to be interesting, i haven't had any issues before, i hope all works out.

tearl42
04-28-2011, 12:12 AM
Thanks Smokesman, Our first trip there, sounds to be interesting, i haven't had any issues before, i hope all works out.

Ill second that thanks...

Its our first trip down there too, but we're bringing the 5th wheel and the Lang so rain wont bug us too much. Of course if we're under water... Guess thats why they put ladders on RVs. :)

Joneser
04-28-2011, 07:41 AM
we're bringing the 5th wheel :)

I know where I'll be bunking for the night...:heh:

Wampus
04-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Hey y'all.....

Thinking about coming out to the comp to hang out and meet some of the Brethren. BUT....won't be able to get there until like 10 on Friday night. (baseball and a soccer game to go to). I could get up on Saturday and head out, but I know how crazy the morning gets before turn in. Don't want to bother you guys while you're hard at work. I know that Friday's usually the "hangout time", but some folks head to bed earlier than others.

What time's turn in start? Bed time early for most of you? Don't want to burn the gas for 2 hours each way and not be able to see folks.

No biggie...just askin. Sounds like a lot of Brethren will be there.

Joneser
04-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Hey Wampus, this is a Sat/Sun contest, so Saturday would be the best day for visiting! Look me up...

indianagriller
04-28-2011, 11:56 AM
Wampus, I will be there Friday night if you want to stop by.

Bourbon Barrel BBQ
04-28-2011, 12:07 PM
Hey Wampus, this is a Sat/Sun contest, so Saturday would be the best day for visiting! Look me up...

Yep most folks will be hanging out all day Saturday. Look us up while your there.

Wampus
04-28-2011, 12:28 PM
:doh:

Didn't make that connection.
PERFECT!!! Our last soccer game on Saturday is at noon, so I'll be able to be out there around 3 or so! Sweet!

Looking forward to it. I'll bring the tent in case it gets late or I end up "sipping" too much:heh:. Hope I can grab some real estate if needed (around 4'x7')?

indianagriller
04-28-2011, 03:21 PM
Im sure we can find you a spot lol..

Divemaster
04-28-2011, 04:31 PM
:doh:

Didn't make that connection.
PERFECT!!! Our last soccer game on Saturday is at noon, so I'll be able to be out there around 3 or so! Sweet!

Looking forward to it. I'll bring the tent in case it gets late or I end up "sipping" too much:heh:. Hope I can grab some real estate if needed (around 4'x7')?
You know that we'll be up. Stop on by!

Wampus
04-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Just got word that soccer games are cancelled tomorrow (fields are flooded)....so I'll be able to hang most of the day!

Jeff (stockcarBBQ)...just tried to PM you, but apparently your inbox is all full up!!

Lookin forward to meeting the lot of you!
BRETHREN ROCK!!!!

INmitch
04-29-2011, 11:46 PM
Hey Wampus Just found out I may be a loner this Weekend. Wanna be a Foul Butt? Just look for a Bears popup. 6 guys on the team & none can make it! Just look me up if ya wanna hang out. Listen for music & sombody arguing with Stephan from Shigs....thats me!!:boxing:

Dale P
05-02-2011, 05:10 AM
Hey Wampus Just found out I may be a loner this Weekend. Wanna be a Foul Butt? Just look for a Bears popup. 6 guys on the team & none can make it! Just look me up if ya wanna hang out. Listen for music & sombody arguing with Stephan from Shigs....thats me!!:boxing:

Well Wampus I hope you took Fowl Butt up on their offer because if you did you know that they got their 1ST GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP!
Congrats to our good friends Fowl Butt Team!

Bourbon Barrel BBQ
05-02-2011, 10:32 AM
Congrats to Fowl Butt! Good to see one of the brethren win. It was a tough contest to survive much less win.

quarters69
05-02-2011, 11:38 AM
Congrats to all that walked. We all worked hard threw the bad conditions there.

Joneser
05-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Congrats Jan! Great job.
Thanks to Wampus for hanging out and trying our stuff. I hope you learned a few things. It was nice to meet you!
I wish I could have gotten out and met a few more of you....

Wampus
05-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Thanks to all the Brethren teams that allowed me to hang around and bug the livin CHIT out of them!!!:becky:

I had a great time and di indeed learn a lot from you all. I was (barely) able to bounce around between these 5 teams:
Fowl Butt BBQ (Thanks Jan for letting me park and camp at your site)
Roadmaster BBQ
Smoke Break BBQ
Stock Car BBQ
Eat More Butt BBQ

I also was able to meet Bobby G and Full Metal BBQ, and Shigs 'N' Pit but just couldn't make the necessary time to hang with them much.

All the hospitality was astounding and I really did make a lot of friends.

Fowl Butt won GC, huh? That's awesome!!!
Jan....just before I left, you were telling me you considered leaving before the awards because you were SO sure you weren't going to get a call on anything!!! Just goes to show ya, I guess, that you never can tell what the judges are gonna like!!! Good thing you hung around!!!

IRONMAN JAN!!! Did all the cookin himself too!:clap2:
Congrats Jan and Fowl Butt BBQ! Good on ya!!!

BRETHREN
FARKIN
ROCK!!!!