PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey state championship question

patkline9999
04-04-2011, 09:36 PM
we just received the registration for the NJ state champ comp and we were ready to submit ours when someone told one of our team members that we would not be able to setup our rv or trailer up on our site, and would have to get hotel rooms etc. which will not work for us ...can anybody out there confirm this?

BBQchef33
04-04-2011, 11:38 PM
never heard of such a thing. Many contests wont allow you to keep your car on/in your site, but trailers usually can stay.

Which contest is it?

Slamdunkpro
04-05-2011, 12:26 AM
never heard of such a thing. Many contests wont allow you to keep your car on/in your site, but trailers usually can stay.

Which contest is it?

Probably Seaside Heights (Que by the Sea) Space there is very tight.

CBQ
04-05-2011, 01:05 AM
we just received the registration for the NJ state champ comp and we were ready to submit ours when someone told one of our team members that we would not be able to setup our rv or trailer up on our site, and would have to get hotel rooms etc. which will not work for us ...can anybody out there confirm this?

That all depends who the someone is. Ask the organizers. Anything else is just a rumor.

I find it useful to send a note to the organizers just to let them know. Only 2 of the 14 contests we will do this year can't handle our RV within the cooksite, but the organizers found a place to put it for those contests too.

trohrs123
04-05-2011, 06:56 AM
if its the contest at Wildwood..,space is VERY cramped...we couldnt keep our 6X12 trailer with us at that comp its in a lot that is bordered by the sea wall/boardwalk...

HawgNationBBQ
04-05-2011, 08:06 AM

Which NJ event are you asking about?

We attend Wildwood every year and as already mentioned, space is at a premium. I canít confirm this but I think there is some ordinance that you canít sleep in cars or outside. Iím a little foggy on that but send an email to the organizers.

butt head
04-16-2011, 09:45 AM
anybody get a reply from wildwood on the lottory drawing, the web site said list would be sent on the 15th. it's hard enough finding hotels their now, the longer we wait the harder it is

bigjonsBBQ
04-16-2011, 11:00 AM
I have not heard anything either. I hope to find out either way soon, so I can look for a room if I am in.

BurninTree BBQ
04-16-2011, 09:11 PM
We havent heard anything either.

Pig Headed
04-17-2011, 06:51 PM
Try the Acropolis in North Wildwood. Last I heard ther were afew rooms left. That's where we stay. Not very far from the site. As far as space, they usually don't allow RV's because of limited space and it's an ordinance in Wildwood, no sleeping in cars. Got to keep the hotels full I guess.