PDA

View Full Version : LP gas-Propane Help

southernsmoker
03-31-2011, 08:01 AM
Getting ready to install a pitco fryer in my trailer, anyone out there that can help with a tutorial in installing about 10 feet of plumbing from tank to appliance.
Should I route it under the floor and up, or route it inside, should I use iron pipe, copper or hose? Do I need only one regulator at the tank?

Is a 60lb tank large enough with a 105 thou btu's per hr rating?

I realize it should be inspected by a pro, but out here in the sticks, if ya need it done ya have to diy..

Thanks in advance

Bama Q
04-04-2011, 10:21 AM
If it was mine, I would run iron pipe under the floor and stub it up threw the floor with a shut-off valve, then copper or flexible to the appliance.Connect copper to the regalator on the tank then to the iron pipe. Hope this helps.
Jim

Bama Q
04-04-2011, 10:22 AM
Make sure to test for leaks

RICK Allen
04-05-2011, 11:37 PM
Copper is the best as it will not get metal fatigue from the vibration of travelling the only thing one must do is blow the lines once in a while as the propane will make the copper flake with what looks like carbon plugging up your pilot lines and orifices

RICK Allen
04-05-2011, 11:43 PM
And as bad as this may sound if you cannot smell a leak use a lighter to check your joints it is not as dangerous as it seems and even the small leaks are appereant immediately