PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all!

nanosleep
01-07-2005, 12:09 AM
Hello,

I'm Andy from the Dallas area. I'm a young pup, but getting dangerously close to 30. I've been barbequing, smoking, grilling or playing in the fire almost all of my llife. I grew up in a small town of less than 1000 people. Actually I grew up 6 miles OUTSIDE of the town. My family has been in this part of Texas for about as long as it has been Texas. My grandparents on both sides of the family were farmers, as were their parents, etc, etc (although I think there were some horse theives in there somewhere). I'm an electrical engineer by trade. Hobbies are computers, cars, robotics, ham radio, and good food.

I do my cooking on a beast of a cooker (3ft diameter by 12 ft long). We only run this one once or twice a year for large events. Most cooking I do on a small smoker (3x2x2ft cabinet with attached firebox), or on a standard charcoal grill. I typically do smoking about once every few weeks and grilling about once a week. I also occasionally do open fire cooking (tractor wheel and grate, cast iron skillet, dutch oven)

tommykendall
01-07-2005, 12:17 AM
Andy -

Welcome aboard dude and thanks for jumping into Cattle Call. I'm one of the youngest here also - next to Neil Thole (I woulda put put a big fat smile next to this but the farking smile emoticons aren't working)

nanosleep
01-07-2005, 12:25 AM
My girlfriend just walked in. She said "What are you reading?". I said "It's a forum I just found about barbecuing". She just rolled her eyes and walked out. :lol:

tommykendall
01-07-2005, 12:28 AM
LMAO - you're doomed cuz this place is addicting

BBQchef33
01-07-2005, 12:31 AM
My girlfriend just walked in. She said "What are you reading?". I said "It's a forum I just found about barbecuing". She just rolled her eyes and walked out. :lol:

Welcome Andy!!!

if the girlfriend is already rolling her eyes..
Go to this link and see what you have in store for yourself.

http://www.bandera-brethren.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1760&post days=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Welcome again. !!

Neil
01-07-2005, 04:18 AM
LMAO - you're doomed cuz this place is addicting

So true, so true. Welcome aboard Andy, enjoy what you learn and share what you know. It's what we do.

kcquer
01-07-2005, 07:35 AM
Andy, Welcome Brother!! There's a great bunch of guys here who all love makin' and eatin' Q. We like to have a laugh every now and again as well. Glad to have ya with us.

chad
01-07-2005, 07:39 AM
Welcome!

To quote my wife after reading over my shoulder ONCE! (a practice not recommended for wives, girlfriends, children, etc.):

"I knew this was a mistake!"

That was about 18 months ago! :D

BigBelly
01-07-2005, 08:41 AM
Andy--

Great you could come by and introduce yourself! Love that cooker and man do I wish I had the toys you have that comprise "Andynet". Don't worry about being a spring chicken and surly do not believe TK when he says he is the youngest next to Neil. TK is about as old as dirt--trust me!

Welcome aboard man!

Trout_man22
01-07-2005, 09:00 AM
Frist of Welcome,

Next you can trust us when it comes to BBQ but, when it comes to age watch it. And if somebody says "trust me" around here just know one thing they are lying. :? :? :? :? :?

Trout

jt
01-07-2005, 09:34 AM
Welcome, Andy! There are really only 2 truths here - we love good Q and we're all full of BS! The rest of it is just pure fun.

bittertruth
01-07-2005, 09:44 AM

My wife HATES my Bandera, untill the finished product is ready to eat, then, she just goes on and on about my MEAT!!!

BBQchef33
01-07-2005, 09:56 AM

My wife HATES my Bandera, untill the finished product is ready to eat, then, she just goes on and on about my MEAT!!!

yeah.. and that is the ONLY time. 8)

Bellybro
01-07-2005, 11:15 AM
Welcme to the group!

You will find this site very addicting and the people like family.

Walk towards the smoke and come on in!

parrothead
01-07-2005, 11:23 AM
ham radio, what a perfect way to combine your love of q and electronics. LOL Welcome aboard.

JacksonsDad
01-07-2005, 11:55 AM
Welcome from:
1) a fellow Texan
2) a fellow near dallas-site
3) a fellow Q lover
4) a fellow computer fan
5) a fellow youngster (not quite that young though)
..they're all me!!

The guys here are great and there is a wealth of information. It's kind of like Stepford...once your here and accepted, great things will happen....now if we could only figure out that wife thing...(Guy's Note: I HAVE NOT SEEN THIS MOVIE!! Just the previews...) :lol:

Every question will be answered (sometimes with legitmate knowledge) and no joke will be left usaid....

WELCOME! WELCOME! WELCOME!

Solidkick
01-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Every question will be answered (sometimes with legitmate knowledge) and no joke will be left unsaid....

It's all legitimate knowledge........it's just that your milage may vary.........

Welcome my new brother...........

Jeff_in_KC
01-07-2005, 07:59 PM
Welcome, Andy! I'm also new around here this week. Already, I've learned quite a bit and laughed a lot! Actually, I'm now hungry and the wife/daughter are out with another woman and her kid for awhile... think I'll hop in the car and head on over to TNT BBQ for a bite to eat!

Bill-Chicago
01-07-2005, 08:09 PM
Andy -

Welcome aboard dude and thanks for jumping into Cattle Call. I'm one of the youngest here also - next to Neil Thole (I woulda put put a big fat smile next to this but the farking smile emoticons aren't working)

LMAO

TK is an old fark

Welcome Andy!!

nucleargeek
01-08-2005, 08:27 AM
Welcome aboard dude,

I'm a fellow texan who also lives in the Metroplex area. You will learn lots of great tips in here, and a few jokes for the around the coffeepot as well. Here's to Real Texas BBQ....brisket anyone?

frognot
01-08-2005, 11:16 AM
Howdy, Andy! Good to have another Texan on board. I'm also in the DFW Metromess area with small town Texas roots. Lotta good info here but wear your boots; a lotta BS too! :lol:

cabo
01-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Andy -

LMAO

TK is an old fark

Welcome Andy!!

And he likes sleeping with guys :twisted: ...........Well, you just had to be there!!!! :lol:

Welcome Andy

bittertruth
01-10-2005, 10:02 AM

yeah.. and that is the ONLY time. 8)

once a month whether i need it or not!!

brdbbq
01-10-2005, 10:20 AM
Welcome from:
1) a fellow Texan
3) a fellow Q lover
4) a fellow computer fan
..they're all me!!

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Bigdog
01-10-2005, 12:24 PM
Welcome from:
1) a fellow Texan
3) a fellow Q lover
4) a fellow computer fan
..they're all me!!

Took the words right out of my mouth.

And the teeth as well. :P

Arlin_MacRae
01-11-2005, 10:58 AM
Hello,

I do my cooking on a beast of a cooker (3ft diameter by 12 ft long). We only run this one once or twice a year for large events. Most cooking I do on a small smoker (3x2x2ft cabinet with attached firebox), or on a standard charcoal grill. I typically do smoking about once every few weeks and grilling about once a week. I also occasionally do open fire cooking (tractor wheel and grate, cast iron skillet, dutch oven)

My girlfriend just walked in. She said "What are you reading?". I said "It's a forum I just found about barbecuing". She just rolled her eyes and walked out.

Welcome, Andy!

Man, can you shoot us some pictures of THE BEAST? Sounds like a good'n!

About your girlfriend...I bet you'll be seeing a whole lot more of the rolling eyes maneuver in the future. Your mission: convert her into a pit fiend that can keep up with you! ;)

jeffsasmokin
01-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Welcome, Andy!!! Just jump in, and Hang on! This is the best thing goin' on the net!

nanosleep
01-13-2005, 07:09 PM
Man, can you shoot us some pictures of THE BEAST? Sounds like a good'n!

There's a thread on it already. http://www.bandera-brethren.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=54553&highlight=#54553
That should get you there if I copied the link correctly.
Also take a look at http://nanosleep.dyndns.org/cooker

-Andy