PDA

View Full Version : Contest Announcment Boston Hills BBQ Fest 2011 - June 24th-26th, 2011

The Giggler
03-22-2011, 02:32 PM
Announcing the 3rd Annual Boston Hills BBQ Fest 2011. Please join us in the scenic and rolling hills of Boston, NY on the last weekend in June.

Friday June 24th - Check In, Meat Inspection, Pot Luck Dinner

Saturday June 25h - KCBS NY State Championship (stop number 3 on the Empire State BBQ Championship Series)

Sunday June 26th - NEBS Wide Open Grilling Championship

As you know by now, the hospitality at our event is unrivaled. Friendly faces, curbside trash pickup, ice, entertainment, continental breakfast, and complimentary adult beverages are included again. This year, we've limited the field to 50 teams, so don't delay sending your entry form in.

This event is a fundraiser for the Patchin Volunteer Fire Department. Visit www.bostonhillsbbqfest.com (http://www.bostonhillsbbqfest.com/) for complete details.

Thank you for your continued support!

QN
03-22-2011, 02:43 PM
I'm looking forward to it :becky:

The Giggler
03-22-2011, 02:45 PM
I'm looking forward to it :becky:

And we're looking forward to hosting you Mark!

Not only do we have great teams, we have great Master Judges!

HandsomeSwede
03-22-2011, 07:26 PM
App downloaded and ready to mail out tomorrow. I just have one question which hopefully I can ask without the mods jumping all over it -

Cock Robin? Now, I wasn't born until '81 so somebody enlighten me.

By the way Giggler, BWS cranked out ribs like it was it's job, dummyproof, thanks for the heads up.

The Giggler
03-22-2011, 07:35 PM
Cock Robin.... I know.... (laughing) It was before my time too, but they have a huge following in the area. They bring a lot if people out, which will be good for the fundraiser portion of this event - beer sales.

There are some changes (good) for this year. We're all going to be more central to the event. Closer to the bands and action, closer to the stages, and yes, closer to the taps.

Glad the BWS rocked for you Swede. They are great cookers.

TooSaucedToPork
03-22-2011, 11:01 PM
My crew will be there!

smknwhlswife
03-23-2011, 11:23 AM
SOW will be there this year!!! No matter what! Can't wait to see everyone!

The Giggler
03-23-2011, 02:12 PM
KCBS Teams Entered
Buffalo Meatheads
Butt Hutt Bar-B-Que
Red Valley BBQ
Big Belly BarBeQue
Doghouse Willie
Hawg Doctors
The BBQ Guru
Regal BBQ
Shuck and Clucks BBQ Team
Buckner Brothers Barbeque

NEBS Wide Open Grilling Teams Entered
Buffalo Meatheads
Big Belly BarbeQue
Torches
Brazin' Hell
Double D's Barbeque

The Giggler
03-23-2011, 02:17 PM
In case anyone is wondering - my rig has been reserved for Rob Marion (Two Worthless Nuts) for KCBS, and Kevin Smith (The 5th Artery) for NEBS Wide Open Grilling. That is if I have both of their paid registrations by the end of the month.... :twisted: (grins)

Jacked UP BBQ
03-23-2011, 04:26 PM
Fatty Matt and the Jacked Up Crew is trying to make it to this one.

Pelkster
03-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Mike, I'll be bringing my registration over tomorrow. Also, Kevin told me that the Fatboy is done early, and should be shipping shortly. :clap2::thumb:

Muzzlebrake
03-24-2011, 12:35 AM
you are killing me with the Saturday KCBS!!

I'll send off the app when i get home later in the week!

The Giggler
03-24-2011, 12:58 PM

Hope you guys can make it up!

The Giggler
03-24-2011, 01:06 PM
you are killing me with the Saturday KCBS!!

I'll send off the app when i get home later in the week!

What's the problem with Saturday KCBS?!?! By having KCBS before the NEBS Grilling, you are eliminating the CURSE of doing well in NEBS Grilling, and following up with a lousy KCBS showing the next day. (laughing)

We'll keep an eye out in the mail for your app! Glad to have you this year Muzzlebrake. The free ice will marry up well to Black Bush.

FYI - Anyone sending in their application, please make sure to send them to MY address listed on the Entry Form. For some reason, there have been a few sent to Town Hall (contest grounds), and that can take a week or so to get to me.

The Giggler
03-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Update to the Roster

KCBS Teams Entered
Buffalo Meatheads
Butt Hutt Bar-B-Que
Red Valley BBQ
Big Belly BarBeQue
Doghouse Willie
Hawg Doctors
The BBQ Guru
Regal BBQ
3312 All-Star BBQ Co
Fat Guys In A Little Smoke

Buffalo Meatheads
Big Belly BarbeQue
Torches
Brazin' Hell
Double D's Barbeque

Red Valley BBQ
03-24-2011, 10:53 PM
Need judges for the NEBS contest?

The Giggler
03-24-2011, 11:30 PM
Need judges for the NEBS contest?

I'm not sure, Sean. David and Eileen Bunn are in charge of judges. The website has the judges registration form. Thanx for the KCBS entry!

The Giggler
04-26-2011, 03:15 PM
Update to the Roster

KCBS Teams Entered
Buffalo Meatheads
Butt Hutt Bar-B-Que
Red Valley BBQ
Big Belly BarBeQue
Doghouse Willie
Hawg Doctors
The BBQ Guru
Regal BBQ
KC and the Smokeshack Band
Nickel City Smokers
Can't Stop Grillin'

Buffalo Meatheads
Big Belly BarbeQue
Torches
Brazin' Hell
Double D's Barbeque[/QUOTE]
Applegas Grillin'

I have tenatives from many teams, but nobody is officially in until I have an entry form and check. We have room for 50 teams this year. Last year, we had 38 teams attend. There are 2 teams that have a conflict with the dates and won't be able to make it. Everyone else has indicated they are returning. So get those forms in!

goodsmokebbq
04-26-2011, 04:56 PM
Check is in the mail...

Red Valley BBQ
04-26-2011, 05:56 PM
Is there a safe place to park our trailers after the Wilson, NY comp? No sense in dragging them all the way home when we'll be back in the area the following week.

The Giggler
04-26-2011, 07:14 PM
Sean, you are more than welcome to park your trailer and pit at the Patchin Fire Hall. The parking lot is lighted and under surveillance at all times. This is open to anyone who wishes to do so.

B - got your entry form and check today. Thanks!

grossepellets
04-27-2011, 09:35 AM
we will try to sponsor this with a skid full of cherry maybe you can pick up whats left over if you go...

grossepellets
04-27-2011, 09:37 AM
The Giggler - we dont have outlook express and so I cant reach your Sponsor chair without either an email or a ph# can you hook me up ? Pm if needed thanks

The Giggler
04-27-2011, 09:42 AM
The Giggler - we dont have outlook express and so I cant reach your Sponsor chair without either an email or a ph# can you hook me up ? Pm if needed thanks

PM Sent! Also, I'm the Contest Chairman. All my contact info is on the website under the competition page. Look forward to talking with you.

Muzzlebrake
04-27-2011, 10:00 AM
I have tenatives from many teams, but nobody is officially in until I have an entry form and check. We have room for 50 teams this year. Last year, we had 38 teams attend. There are 2 teams that have a conflict with the dates and won't be able to make it. Everyone else has indicated they are returning. So get those forms in!

just stuffed the envelope, going out in today's mail

The Giggler
04-28-2011, 08:30 AM
just stuffed the envelope, going out in today's mail

I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks for letting me know.

Headed down your way this week (Hancock). Cooking a fundraiser for the Friends of the Upper Delaware River tomorrow night. My iPhone is listed on the entry form. Give me a call. Leaving to day at noon.

The Giggler
04-28-2011, 08:31 AM
Update to the Roster

KCBS Teams Entered
Buffalo Meatheads
Butt Hutt Bar-B-Que
Red Valley BBQ
Big Belly BarBeQue
Doghouse Willie
Hawg Doctors
The BBQ Guru
Regal BBQ
KC and the Smokeshack Band
Nickel City Smokers
Can't Stop Grillin'
Good Smoke BBQ

Buffalo Meatheads
Big Belly BarbeQue
Torches
Brazin' Hell
Double D's Barbeque
Applegas Grillin'
Good Smoke BBQ

Muzzlebrake
04-28-2011, 04:48 PM
I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks for letting me know.

Headed down your way this week (Hancock). Cooking a fundraiser for the Friends of the Upper Delaware River tomorrow night. My iPhone is listed on the entry form. Give me a call. Leaving to day at noon.

sorry, I lied. It will get to you next week.....

thats still 2-3 hours fom me. Before Sirius we used to refer to Hancock as the beginning of the land of no radio station. If you hit search, it would spin until Binghamton...:becky:

jbiesinger
04-28-2011, 11:01 PM
Looks like you got our check. We're looking forward to it, you think it'll stop raining by then?

The Giggler
05-02-2011, 01:10 PM
sorry, I lied. It will get to you next week.....

thats still 2-3 hours fom me. Before Sirius we used to refer to Hancock as the beginning of the land of no radio station. If you hit search, it would spin until Binghamton...:becky:

Didn't realize it was that far for you.

I can attest to the radio seek spin. And cell coverage was good in town, but got lousy in a hurry. Rivers were up and tough. Had a great trip though.

Thanks for the heads up on the check/entry.

smknwhlswife
05-02-2011, 02:37 PM
Know anyone who would want to sponsor a KC team with gas money! :shocked: :doh: :laugh:

Muzzlebrake
05-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Didn't realize it was that far for you.

I can attest to the radio seek spin. And cell coverage was good in town, but got lousy in a hurry. Rivers were up and tough. Had a great trip though.

Thanks for the heads up on the check/entry.

yeah its on the other side of the mountains that start on teh other side of the river........lol

can't say I didnt' warn you about the radio.......catch anything?

The Giggler
05-03-2011, 10:09 AM
Know anyone who would want to sponsor a KC team with gas money! :shocked: :doh: :laugh:

Fill up on the reservations = tax free. How big is that tank? :)

smknwhlswife
05-03-2011, 10:26 AM
36 gal I think.... getting 9 - 12 mpg pulling the trailer. Don't think we drive through too many reservations from here to you. :confused:

Stupid gas prices...:mad:

The Giggler
05-03-2011, 10:38 AM
yeah its on the other side of the mountains that start on teh other side of the river........lol

can't say I didnt' warn you about the radio.......catch anything?

First time rowing my drift boat. East Branch. The only difference between adventure and tragedy, is survival. Water was ripping, but had decent clarity. In two days we had about 8 big fish throw the fly. I spent about an hour throwing streamers, and the rest of the time on the oars. We'll have to get something on the books, but there is a no hardware rule on my boat, so a fly rod and flies are required. :twisted:

The Giggler
05-03-2011, 10:44 AM
36 gal I think.... getting 9 - 12 mpg pulling the trailer. Don't think we drive through too many reservations from here to you. :confused:

Stupid gas prices...:mad:

And NYS is the worst. Fill up in Ohio or PA, the price is about the same as the reservation in NY.

HoDeDo
05-03-2011, 10:35 PM
And NYS is the worst. Fill up in Ohio or PA, the price is about the same as the reservation in NY.

No joke. We figured that out last time out... filled up in Ohio.
Fuel for this trip is looking to be ~$1200. :shocked:

ique
05-04-2011, 11:40 AM
No joke. We figured that out last time out... filled up in Ohio.
Fuel for this trip is looking to be ~$1200. :shocked:

I will help sponsor you in exchange for a competition pork class :-D

U2CANQUE
05-04-2011, 06:17 PM

I heard that Smoke On Wheels Pork Injection and Chicken Marinade was looking to sponsor some quality teams.....but, then again, it may be just a rumor....:becky:

Red Valley BBQ
05-04-2011, 07:11 PM
I will help sponsor you in exchange for a competition pork class :-D

Preferrably that Friday evening around 6pm. :becky:

HoDeDo
05-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Everything is done by 6p Friday evening... that is when you get your grub on... Then you get your drink on... :twisted:

The Giggler
05-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Everything is done by 6p Friday evening... that is when you get your grub on... Then you get your drink on... :twisted:

You definitely know how the throw down, Andy. :thumb:

Are you leaving your 5th Wheel at the Patchin Fire Company after Roc?

Muzzlebrake
05-12-2011, 11:43 AM
OK so the app really is going in today's mail!!

seriously!

I heard that may favorite beer is served at this contest, going to have to see for myself. I will be there!

HoDeDo
05-12-2011, 12:14 PM
You definitely know how the throw down, Andy. :thumb: Are you leaving your 5th Wheel at the Patchin Fire Company after Roc?

i'm not driving to roc city. I am flying in to cook with big guns (and teach the BBQ101 class.)

Class seats are covering the flight, so it's doable. flying into sfw, and riding down with Sean, flying out monday.

we'll see if we cant win enough to fund the Boston trip between now and then!

The Giggler
05-16-2011, 12:55 PM
OK so the app really is going in today's mail!!

seriously!

I heard that may favorite beer is served at this contest, going to have to see for myself. I will be there!

F-R-E-E is your favorite brand, right? ;)

Muzzlebrake
05-16-2011, 03:23 PM
F-R-E-E is your favorite brand, right? ;)

It's tied with COLD

Now FREE & COLD.!

Red Valley BBQ
05-16-2011, 08:43 PM
'Free beer, free beer
That's my favorite brand.
If I didn't have to buy it,
It's the best beer in the land.
Warm, flat, funky,
It don't matter to me.
The greatest beer in this whole land
Is the one you buy for me.'