PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Kansas City!

Jeff_in_KC
01-04-2005, 11:29 AM
Hello! I was led to the Brethren by Jeffsasmokin after I signed up at the Yahoo group.

My name is Jeff and I'm from one of the 'Que capitals
of the World... Kansas City! Actually, I now live out in a small
town southeast of the metro area, getting back to my small Missouri
town roots. Those roots are definitely hillbilly, although you
wouldn't know it by looking if you believe the media's stereotype of
us! My grandpa was born and raised deep in the Missouri Ozarks only
a stone's throw from Arkansas. I'm 40 years old, married for six and
a half years and I have a daughter who will turn four next month. I
LOVE barbeque of several different styles. I only recently tried
Carolina style and love it as much as KC style! I enjoy fishing,
hunting, backpacking and sports but my hobby that goes along with Que
the best is my love of homebrewing beer!

I do not yet own a Bandera but within the next month or two, I will
finally bring a new family member into the fold... a beautiful new
New Braunfels Bandera! I've experimented with other small ones
before and have even (GASP!!!) put hickory chunks inside a gas grill!

I'm looking forward to learning from the Brethren all the finer
points of using and enjoying my new love and even sharing my own
ideas when I become proficient with it's operation! My goal is to
have all my friends beg for invites for dinner and go on and on about
how I should open my own BBQ restaurant as they devour my
masterpieces! :-)

One thing I've noticed... in your files section, there's a manual for the Bandera Model # 03205600 and on the New Braunfels site, they show the Bandera as Model # 99205600. Is this the same thing with different numbers after CharBroil bought New Braunfels? If so, any idea why the Bandera isn't shown on the charBroil site? Don't tell me they aren't going to continue to make them!!!

Regards,

Hillbilly Jeff

jt
01-04-2005, 11:52 AM
Welcome to the site, Jeff. Not everyone here has a Bandera but we all love good Q!

Don't know about the different model numbers - maybe someone else can answer that.

bittertruth
01-04-2005, 11:53 AM
Welcome to the finest Q site that i know. I too love brewing beer as well as smoking Q. You will find a whealth of knowledge here and good conversation. What is your best brew? I am a big hop head and love IPA's.

Bellybro
01-04-2005, 11:54 AM
Welcome Jeff,

You came to the right site to get info on the Bandera! These guys know there stuff.

Jump right in with any questions!

Glad you found us!

kcquer
01-04-2005, 12:09 PM
Jeff, Welcome Brother and neighbor!! (Jeff lives about 15-20 mins from me) Don't be shy about posting, answers are gladly given and some of them might even be right :lol: :lol:

spicewine
01-04-2005, 12:50 PM
Welcome Jeffro (Hillbilly for Jeff) 8)

Bigdog
01-04-2005, 01:17 PM
Welcome Jeffro (Hillbilly for Jeff) 8)

Jeffro, that's funny. Welcome to the site. You will love cooking with a bandera if you like to mess with a fire.

Arlin_MacRae
01-04-2005, 01:29 PM
Jeff! Welcome!

Another brewer - woot! ;) Hey, are you going down to BlueBonnet in March? This'll be my first year to go unless another farking wedding pops up last minute....

I don't think the Bandera's model number differences will affect anything at all, since I believe the design has remained unchanged from NB-American, to NB-China to Charbroil

Anyone have more poop on the subject?

Arlin

BBQchef33
01-04-2005, 02:03 PM
Jeff, Welcome aboard..

That manual was post Pre-charbroil. The Charbroil model and sku number is different, but the design is the same. Quality suffered slightly went they went to offshore production, but its still a Bandera.

There has been talk of charbroil getting out of the smoker business for a while, but i haven't heard anything official.

Trout_man22
01-04-2005, 02:21 PM
Welcome, Jeff

We can always use another fisherman around here

Trout

parrothead
01-04-2005, 02:39 PM
Welcome!

jeffsasmokin
01-04-2005, 03:26 PM
Welcome Jethro!!! I see you got my e-mail and invitation, that's great! You'll find this site and the other Brothers some of the best on this planet. It can get a little wacky at times, but it's great fun! Everyone here will go out of their way to help you in any way they can - all you have to do is ask. Like I say.........Just jump in and Hang on!

frognot
01-04-2005, 04:18 PM
Welcome aboard, Jeff! Looks like to MOFO (Missouri Folks) chapter just keeps a-growing.

BrooklynQ
01-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Welcome.

willkat98
01-04-2005, 06:03 PM
jeff
welcome

I went to Charbroil site and your right, the Bandera is not there.

I know for a fact it was there about 3 months ago, last I looked.

Wonder if the Dera has a shortened life now

Again Welcome.

Q Talk, top of the forum, Roadmap thread. Tons of tips and good reads. First Mod, fire grate, then the baffle

Jeff_in_KC
01-04-2005, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the great welcome! Man, I HOPE this Bandera will still be available in another month when my bonus comes in! :shock:

I've already learned a lot here today, just from reading the Brethren 101 document!

willkat98
01-04-2005, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the great welcome! Man, I HOPE this Bandera will still be available in another month when my bonus comes in! :shock:

I've already learned a lot here today, just from reading the Brethren 101 document!

There is a long history here Jeff

We all started as part of the Yahoo group

We came here, created this place, and now have both food and fun.

There is a ton of information here. But also alot of tripe. There is a search tool at the top of the page, but there are moderators here like KC and I (others too) that can help you navigate the old stuff

Just PM (private message button) on the bottom of any ones post to ask for help.

I'm sure you'll get a Bandera with your bonus. and at no 499$ bullsheet. KC guys will help you out.

Welcome

PS, that Bandera Pit Crew are Farkers, unless you want to talk about 200 ways to boil water

tommykendall
01-04-2005, 09:41 PM
Welcome aboard Jeff.

The Charbroil model and sku number is different, but the design is the same. Quality suffered slightly went they went to offshore production, but its still a Bandera.

The functional design is the same the workmanship is inferior and the parts are not the same. The moving company ordered me a brand new door in their attempt to fix a broken hinge and the door pins are completely different. They ended up sending the door back and welded the busted hinge like they shoulda done to begin with.

Solidkick
01-04-2005, 09:41 PM
Welcome My New Brother.........

KC's got a "lefty" for sale.....same concept as a 'dera, just a$$ back'ards........

BigBelly
01-06-2005, 07:20 AM
Welcome aboard Jeff! You will love this online community!

Neil
01-07-2005, 03:39 AM
Welcome aboard Jeff, enjoy what you learn and share what you know. It's what we do.

Jeff_in_KC
01-07-2005, 08:06 AM
Welcome aboard Jeff, enjoy what you learn and share what you know. It's what we do.

Hey Neil... small world... my wife is from Bridgman. The in-laws still live there. We were married in St. Joseph at the Methodist Church in '98.