PDA

View Full Version : Sams Club Baton Rouge LA

mobow
03-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Was on the KCBS web page and noticed that the Sams Club registration page is open till they fill all the cook and judge spots. Judge spots were available in Baton Rouge. I love a good road trip so I registered myself and my wife. We are now registered for Baton Rouge in May and Overland Park in July. Also noticed there are 5 spots left for teams in Santa Fe

Jeff_in_KC
03-09-2011, 08:08 PM
We MAY be pulling out of Baton Rouge... depends on gas prices. This is getting CRAZY!

rweller
03-10-2011, 04:00 PM
We MAY be pulling out of Baton Rouge... depends on gas prices. This is getting CRAZY!

Jeff, how does that work? I noticed teams were(did) able to sign up for more than one contest. I thought they were only allowed one contest?

I know mostly judge and I was only able to sign up for one contest until the second time around.

mobow
03-10-2011, 05:08 PM
Jeff, how does that work? I noticed teams were(did) able to sign up for more than one contest. I thought they were only allowed one contest?

I know mostly judge and I was only able to sign up for one contest until the second time around.
Teams were give a second go around to fill the spots that did not fill. Santa Fe still has a few. Same for judges. keith

rweller
03-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Teams were give a second go around to fill the spots that did not fill. Santa Fe still has a few. Same for judges. keith

Keith, I understand that. But there were a lot of contest that were full and the same team at two locations. BEFORE the second round of signup. I know of at least 4 for sure probably more.

Jeff_in_KC
03-10-2011, 10:29 PM
Wasn't supposed to happen, Ralph, but some folks decided to do it anyway. We got in on the waiting list for the second round of registrations and moved up as some others cancelled.

Captain Caveman
03-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Wasn't supposed to happen, Ralph, but some folks decided to do it anyway. We got in on the waiting list for the second round of registrations and moved up as some others cancelled.

That's what we did also (waited for the 2nd round).

rweller
03-11-2011, 11:47 PM
Thats good you guys did it the right way. I know Ever Green Park, Il. and Orlando Florida was full within hours of the first signup. There is one team that is entered in both. Same thing with the Colorado/FL contest. Those contest I mentioned were full first signup with teams on the waiting list.
I just judge so its fine with me but it looks like if they let that go it will knock a team out thats on the waiting list.