PDA

View Full Version : Strube Ranch brisket update

wormdrink67
03-07-2011, 11:13 PM
A week or so ago I started a thread on wagyu briskets which ended up so far off topic that it almost shut the entire site down (kidding). Anyways, mentioned in that thread ("wagyu....brisket of course....) I said that I'd let you guys know how our Strube ranch brisket turned out. All I can say is Holy cow!! Great company, even better product. This brisket came in at 17.2 lbs, exactly what I asked for. I failed (due to the consumption of alcohol (it was practice....) to get good pictures of what it looked like off the smoker, but I can tell you that it easily kept up with or surpassed that of anything I've ever gotten from Snake River farms. I'd like to thank Diva Q for the great recommendation. So, if you get a chance, try Strube Ranch. Their briskets are spectacular.

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=07d6d6836e&view=att&th=12e93bb2d8e528c1&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=07d6d6836e&view=att&th=12e93bb6a77d20bb&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

Big Poppa
03-07-2011, 11:15 PM
yes they are now available through us.

Diva Q
03-08-2011, 05:29 AM
Glad you liked it

I am really pleased with the ones I have received. Very consistent above all other things.

trohrs123
03-08-2011, 05:47 AM
order these online or phone...any links?

wormdrink67
03-08-2011, 07:34 AM
order these online or phone...any links?

www.struberanch.com

1-903-856-5768

slowerlowerbbq
03-08-2011, 07:53 AM
How is pricing and shipping?

FattyMac
03-08-2011, 08:05 AM
I am really pleased with the ones I have received. Very consistent above all other things.

They ship up here or do you use a US address?

Big Poppa
03-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Diva Im glad you like them......great discovery you made there.

Sticks-n-chicks
03-08-2011, 09:07 AM
yes they are now available through us.

Any chance of a Brethren discount?

Scottie
03-08-2011, 09:26 AM
Diva Im glad you like them......great discovery you made there.

I think Lotta Bull has been using them since 2007? Or at least he has had their logo on the side of his RV since then. I bleive that was his first big sponsor after his monster season he had in 2006.

Finney
03-08-2011, 10:17 AM
I think Lotta Bull has been using them since 2007? Or at least he has had their logo on the side of his RV since then. I bleive that was his first big sponsor after his monster season he had in 2006.

"That is correct Bob"... err... a... Scottie. :becky:

Big Poppa
03-08-2011, 11:31 AM
I know Scottie.

Scottie
03-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Sorry, misread discovered...

Hope all is well Sterling.

Carnivorous Endeavors BBQ
03-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Big Poppa Smokers...

I contacted Strube Ranch for pricing and they replied that their Brisket for BBQ purposes can only be purchased through your company as of today. They also mentioned that you can save a considerable amount of money on shipping costs as compared from them shipping from Texas to Louisiana. Is this correct?

Thanks!

Big Poppa
03-08-2011, 03:06 PM
yes Contact Jessie@bigpoppasmokers.com This has been in the works since last April...Diva knows and so do my other pals in bbq....We are launching a full Srube site in 30 days.

scottie Im doing well...hope you are too!

Carnivorous Endeavors BBQ
03-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Awesome....Thanks! I've already sent an email. Also Strube Ranch explained that due to your deep shipping discount from your business that it will be a much better shipping rate than previously through them.

Capn Kev
03-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Awesome....Thanks! I've already sent an email. Also Strube Ranch explained that due to your deep shipping discount from your business that it will be a much better shipping rate than previously through them.

I was curious to see if Strube would be more competitive than SRF. Well, not from what I've seen. I was hoping that the price would be within striking range for me to give it a try. Nope.

After contacting Strube, I received an e-mail from Tia at Strube saying that we'd "be able to save you considerable money on shipping" with Big Poppa taking over the distribution. I then had a quote from Jessie and I'm not seeing the big discount. The quote I had was $533 for four 16 lb briskets, $149 of it was for shipping. That's $22 more than Snake River Farms quote for the same size package. :confused:

gooose53
03-08-2011, 06:59 PM
I tried a SRF brisket and did well with it. I'm going to try a Painted Hills beef next and see what it does.

Big Poppa
03-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Capn Kev... Our freight rates are better than what Tia can get....we are passing our discount on to you....fed ex is making the money. You can contact them and get a quote and see the difference.

wormdrink67
03-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Capn Kev... Our freight rates are better than what Tia can get....we are passing our discount on to you....fed ex is making the money. You can contact them and get a quote and see the difference.

Just so I'm not confused, do I contact strube or big poppa for Strube briskets now? I need one soon....

Big Poppa
03-08-2011, 07:52 PM
bigpoppasmokers.com thanks

Finney
03-08-2011, 07:53 PM
I was curious to see if Strube would be more competitive than SRF. Well, not from what I've seen. I was hoping that the price would be within striking range for me to give it a try. Nope.

After contacting Strube, I received an e-mail from Tia at Strube saying that we'd "be able to save you considerable money on shipping" with Big Poppa taking over the distribution. I then had a quote from Jessie and I'm not seeing the big discount. The quote I had was $533 for four 16 lb briskets, $149 of it was for shipping. That's $22 more than Snake River Farms quote for the same size package. :confused:

I'm having a between 400-500 lbs cooker shipped for $140 something...:confused:

Capn Kev
03-08-2011, 08:44 PM

Sterling,

The question I have is why does it have to be overnighted? If it's frozen, isn't there a way to ship it without having to overnight it?

Just curious.

wormdrink67
03-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Sterling,

The question I have is why does it have to be overnighted? If it's frozen, isn't there a way to ship it without having to overnight it?

Just curious.

Strube 2 day shipped the brisket I ordered. It showed up very cold and in fine condition. I wondering what's going to happen now that I'd need to order from Big Poppa....if he's shipping from CA, I might be in trouble....

ThomEmery
03-08-2011, 09:04 PM
Ships from Texas

Big Poppa
03-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Depending on your zone you can do two day and it cuts it way down...It is your call for that...if for some reason it gets delayed then we cannot be responsible....

Finney are you having your cooker overnighted for $140?

HoDeDo
03-08-2011, 10:37 PM

Kevin, My understanding is that Strube Ranch owns all their beef end to end, vs. SRF who has several ranches feeding into their program. I have not priced out both recently... but $22 +/- doesnt seem to be too out of line. As far as the shipping goes, that seems pretty in line with what I was seeing when traveling and looking at shipping meat. If shipping is $149, $96 / brisket sounds about right.

Sterling,

Just curious.

The packaging is expensive... and if you dont rush ship... it gets exponentially more expensive for the thicker cooler boxes, gel packs rated to last the additional time, etc.

So was SRF overnighting? If not, I am surprised the difference was only $22. When I got my quotes, between here and NY for a pair of briskets, and set of ribs, was like $185 for 2-day, $230 for overnight.

Andrews
03-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Ships from Texas

Is it all shipping from Texas? will any be shipped from California?

ThomEmery
03-09-2011, 01:15 AM
Andy This is Big Poppas show you should ask him

I doubt they will inventory any in Calif
Yes that would be better for me and you
but I doubt it

Big Poppa
03-09-2011, 06:29 AM
ONly from Texas.

Let me explain a couple of things...First off we actually bill you for the weight of the brisket. We quote $96.00...but that is for a 16 pound brisket. This is doe to the credit card restrictions. We authorize your card for the $96 because the card companies wont let us aurthorize for more later. So in figuring this the $96 dollar brisket is 16 lbs....if its 14 pounds it is billed at $84.00. If you buy four the price is $79.80 for a 14 pounder. To zone 2 (texas colo etc) 2 day is about $12.00 per brisket making it $91.80. With the two day we dont guarantee anything but it is pretty safe to say that they would be fine. Thanks for your questions and we are really just trying to make a fabulous piece of meat available to fellow competitors.

HoDeDo
03-09-2011, 08:49 AM
ONly from Texas.
Let me explain a couple of things...First off we actually bill you for the weight of the brisket. We quote $96.00...but that is for a 16 pound brisket. This is doe to the credit card restrictions. We authorize your card for the $96 because the card companies wont let us aurthorize for more later. So in figuring this the $96 dollar brisket is 16 lbs....if its 14 pounds it is billed at $84.00. If you buy four the price is $79.80 for a 14 pounder. To zone 2 (texas colo etc) 2 day is about $12.00 per brisket making it $91.80. With the two day we dont guarantee anything but it is pretty safe to say that they would be fine. Thanks for your questions and we are really just trying to make a fabulous piece of meat available to fellow competitors.

That shipping is about 50% less than what I would have paid doing it... 2nd Day for $92 is dirt cheap for 56lbs. I think if you go and price out 3 Day thru overnight, you'll see there is a huge discount there on the shipping expenses...

Capn Kev
03-09-2011, 12:10 PM
I just corresponded with Sterling, and with some clarification, we can get the shipping to my area down substantially. It would knock of about $120 off the cost of a case of briskets. THANK YOU STERLING for superior response time, and helping to clarify my options. So far, Big Poppa Smokers have my vote of confidence, and I look forward to doing business with them in the future!

fireman_pete
03-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Guys, I have been dealing with BP for some time, and Sterling and his staff are top notch! I know the Strube thing has been in the works for some time, and I am totally thrilled it is happening. I will be ordering a case next week!

Thanks again BP for bringing another quality product to the BBQ World!

Pete

Rick Hamilton
03-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Mr. Poppa. The last briskets I ordered from SRF...I mean the last briskets i heard were ordered by a friend of mine from SRF were both just over 20 pounds. Absolute monsters. Do you have whoppers available as well? For my friend...not me.

HoDeDo
03-09-2011, 04:01 PM
I just corresponded with Sterling, and with some clarification, we can get the shipping to my area down substantially. It would knock of about $120 off the cost of a case of briskets. THANK YOU STERLING for superior response time, and helping to clarify my options. So far, Big Poppa Smokers have my vote of confidence, and I look forward to doing business with them in the future!

That sounds much more like it. I didn't think you'd be high with the kind of shipping savings that are there to be had. I have no doubts you got well taken care of.

Guys, I have been dealing with BP for some time, and Sterling and his staff are top notch! I know the Strube thing has been in the works for some time, and I am totally thrilled it is happening. I will be ordering a case next week!
Thanks again BP for bringing another quality product to the BBQ World!
Pete

I have to agree. Top notch people, and products. The strube thing has been in the works, and I am glad to see it come to fruition. I think it will make their products alot more accessible. And with some BP Double Secret Rub on top of a Strube Strip steak, well... it ranks up there with some of the best food you can ever eat. It was amazing. Seeing how Mike D. has performed with them, the briskets have to be excellent too!

Finney
03-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Finney are you having your cooker overnighted for $140?

The shipping quote said, "One business day"... We'll see how it really plays out though. :pray:

I'll contact you guys soon about some briskies...