PDA

View Full Version : Options...Options...Options

ammoore
03-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Considering my options for downsizing.
Currently my wife and I have to take two vehicles to a comp.
One to pull the smoker and one to pull the camper.

Ultimately I want to get down to one vehicle, especially with gas prices on the move.

Now i could go sans camper but with two kids and the the likelyhood that it will rain at 90% of the contests I cook, I would rather not.
So replacing the smoker becomes the issue and at the heart of the issue is portability. I need to get something I can load in and out of the truck by myself without giving myself a hernia.

So, besides the WSM and BWS chubby/party (fatboy is pushing it)
What am I overlooking as far as a viable portable replacement?

Scottie
03-02-2011, 01:20 PM
FEC 100. Lay it in the back of the truck...

Contracted Cookers
03-02-2011, 02:30 PM
couple of gmg would do the trick

Lion Bout The Q
03-02-2011, 02:33 PM
I agree with Scottie, an FEC is easy to load into the back of a truck. Tip it on to its back and slide it in.

WhiskeyBentBBQ
03-02-2011, 02:39 PM
couple of gmg would do the trick

I would recommend two GMG's. They will easily fit in the back of the truck and with two of them you have the ability to cook at different temps.

huminie
03-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Another option would be to change the camper over to a toyhauler...then you have way more options for what you could wheel into the back vs. load into a pick up truck.

ammoore
03-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Another option would be to change the camper over to a toyhauler...then you have way more options for what you could wheel into the back vs. load into a pick up truck.

And then the next thing you know I need a new truck to pull that new toy hauler which is carrying my new smoker.....:clap2:
And let's not forget the new honda generator to power the FEC or GMG because dependable power is never an issue around here...lol

huminie
03-02-2011, 03:11 PM
See...a win-win-win! LOL :thumb: :becky:

ammoore
03-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Pretty sure the wife would disagree with you on that one.:tsk:

huminie
03-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Haahaa...ya, probably...just wanted to throw another angle out there in case it was plausible for you.

landarc
03-02-2011, 03:45 PM
You could leave the wife and kids at home, that would save you money on the new smoker/vehicle/toy hauler. :becky: I see guys towing trailers behind campers, not sure how hard that is to do, but, I have seen it done.

luckyduk
03-02-2011, 06:58 PM
pull the smoker and get a hotel room :-P