PDA

View Full Version : Inaugural Smoke on the Square BBQ Competition - Franklin, IN - June 24-25, 2011

thinbluebbq
02-28-2011, 01:57 PM
We have a brand new KCBS contest to announce. Great venue on the downtown square. We will have a Friday night pitch-in, car show, movie at the historic theater on the square, live music and much more.

We are a State Championship contest and will be offering two backyard categories open to all participants interested: Anything But and Seafood.

Check www.discoverdowntownfranklin.com for the entry forms, which will be up this week. We will offer an early bird discount on the fee if you register before April 15th (everyone's favorite day of the year). :) We will be limited to the first 30 teams so enter early.

Brian Herbert
Thin Blue BBQ
brian@foldedmayhem.com
317-902-2407

indianagriller
02-28-2011, 02:09 PM
Smoke Break BBQ is there!

Ron_L
02-28-2011, 03:07 PM
That makes three comps within about the same driving distance for us on that weekend. i guess it's good to have choices :-D

Any idea on entry fee and prize money yet, Brian?

Wampus
02-28-2011, 08:12 PM
Hmmmm.....

That's just WAY too close to home to not check out! Only about 30 minutes from the house. I'm not on a team (yet:wink:) but I was just talking to my brother (who lives in Franklin) about the backyard comp.

Besides.....if Indianagriller AND Ron_L are gonna be there, how can I NOT at least stop by and hang out?

indianagriller
02-28-2011, 08:30 PM
Hmmmm.....

That's just WAY too close to home to not check out! Only about 30 minutes from the house. I'm not on a team (yet:wink:) but I was just talking to my brother (who lives in Franklin) about the backyard comp.

Besides.....if Indianagriller AND Ron_L are gonna be there, how can I NOT at least stop by and hang out?

Come on down!!!

Wampus
06-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Bump

rw02kr43
06-25-2011, 08:10 AM
I'm going to head over there after work today. Any place have a schedule or anything?

Jason