PDA

View Full Version : Stateline BBQ, El Paso

U2CANQUE
02-19-2011, 07:41 PM
I went yesterday afternoon to get some beef ribs at the suggestion of some soldiers that I work with at Fort Bliss. It was unfortunate that they messed up my take out order, and after calling when I got back to the hotel they were apologetic about mixing up the order (ordered beef ribs and got baby backs and sausage links/which were pretty good)....and the manager didn't want me to drive 19 miles to come back, but, told me to order beef ribs on him today. Well, ok, who am I to turn down a free bbq dinner...and like I said, I was not disappointed in the links...not a huge fan overall of Memphis style ribs, so I really didn't even mess with their pork ribs...so no opinion there....
Well, let me tell you, I don't know if it was because I talked to the manager when I ordered my ribs, or, if it is that their beef ribs are always that good, but, DAMN, the ribs were phenomenal! Gently rubbed down, slight crust, smokey, and very tender and juicy! It came with beans, cole slaw, and potato salad, none of which I even bothered with because I was too busy gorging myself on the ribs. If you are ever passing through I give it a :thumb::thumb:, and their service was AWESOME!

Gore
03-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Used to drive to Stateline for special occasions for their all-you-can-eat beef ribs. Yes, they were consistently good 15 years ago. We'd stuff ourselves, then drive back to Las Cruces. That's awfully nice of the management to give you a free meal.

1_T_Scot
03-26-2011, 09:42 PM
Great place I've been there 2x on buisness trips to El Paso. I'll have to try beef ribs next trip.

Did you hit Chico's tacos yet. (Not good before a flight however!)