PDA

View Full Version : SmACk TaWK Sams Club Brackets & Power Polls

Pages : [1] 2

goodbuddiesbbq
02-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Hey all,

I want to say thanks to Chris from IQue www.iquebarbecue.com (http://www.iquebarbecue.com) / Great Lakes BBQ Supply www.greatlakesbbqsupply.com (http://www.greatlakesbbqsupply.com) & BBQ Mag Online www.bbqmagonline.com (http://www.bbqmagonline.com) for coming up with this great idea!

Chris & I have decided to start a Sams BBQ Madness Tournament where I...the Mel Kiper Jr. of BBQ, the BBQ Swami from another Mommy seed out each location in each region and we have a FANTASY BBQ PICK'EM.

We can't accept money, as that would be illegal, so maybe we could get a few very nice people who are involved with this website to fund a prize pool.

Here is how it would work:

I will seed out all 30 teams for each location. The #1 seed (percieved strongest team) is worth 1 point, #2 seed worth 2 points...all the way down to the #30 seed (dark horse, long shot, rainmaker, hail mary, cold day in hell team) worth 30 points. Obviously, a former World Champion would be seeded higher than a team competing in their first event. However, if you get a long shot to pay off...you could dominate. Pick yourself and cook your butt off and who knows.

You would get 10 picks per location (20 locations total...I think) and whomever has the most points wins a prize. If you want to participate, but aren't sure who to pick...just follow my picks straight down the line. 98.4% of the time I'm right.

After the regionals have been decided...we will reseed the teams and you all have a clean slate. Just so everybody can stay in this...after the local events are done and we have our winner. We will fire it back up again and do the same thing with the Five Regional Finals. Same thing...you pick 10 teams, but the points double.

After that we will take it down to the Nationals. Same thing...you pick 10 teams, but the points triple.

The payouts are as follows:
Win the local portion (highest score for local events only): wins a prize
Win the Regional portion (highest score for regionals only): wins a prize
Win the Nationals portion (highest score for nationals only): wins a prize
Have the highest total points combined through all 3 stages: wins a prize

You have to be involved in each of the 3 rounds to be eligible for the final prize.

Is there an interest? Anybody feeling Charitable out there?

big brother smoke
02-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Yup!

Tack
02-12-2011, 03:43 PM
WHere do I send the check????

goodbuddiesbbq
02-12-2011, 03:44 PM
First, I want to say...thanks for the 1000's of emails and hundreds of PM's that you all have sent in the last 24 hours. The flowers were a very nice touch from you know who you are??? My research team appreciates your kind words...but we must stay focused...stay the course.

It is with 94.1% accuracy that I report the Woodbury, MN results in Region 4. There are some big hitters in this one...and some decent teams with some upside lurking and itching for their shot at knocking off one of the big dogs of BBQ.

Here we go:

1. Pork Pullin Plowboys (he picked a good location and executes)
2. TippyCanoe BBQ Crew
3. Bringin The Heat
4. Parrothead Smokers
5. Phat Jacks BBQ
6. Spitfire
7. Shiggin & Grinnin
8. TRUEBUD BBQ
9. Raccoon Flats
10. bavarian bbq boys
11. Freeman Brothers BBQ
12. Prairie Oak Smokers
13. Big Bubba's Roadhouse BBQ
14. C R BUTTS SMOKE
15. Twolittlepigsbbq.com
16. Fire Fightin Cookin Crew
17. Double D
18. Myassis Smolkin
19. Pork County Barbeque
20. SmokinPelletheads
21. Z's Smokin Bones
22. TheBBQshow.com
23. Scotty D's built for BBQ
24. Quetopia
25. DanD BBQ
26. Full Frontal BBQ
27. Que'navores
28. Wee Willy's BBQ
29. Half Baked BBQ Crew
30. Smokin' Moose BBQ Team

I want to say thanks to Chris from IQue www.iquebarbecue.com (http://www.iquebarbecue.com/) / Great Lakes BBQ Supply www.greatlakesbbqsupply.com (http://www.greatlakesbbqsupply.com/) & BBQ Mag Online www.bbqmagonline.com (http://www.bbqmagonline.com/) for coming up with this great idea!

trohrs123
02-12-2011, 03:48 PM
I'm in

Rich Parker
02-12-2011, 04:10 PM
I am in!

Gambling for charity is a wonderful idea.

BLUECHIP BBQ
02-12-2011, 04:29 PM
i'm in

goodbuddiesbbq
02-12-2011, 04:38 PM
I am in!

Gambling for charity is a wonderful idea.

This has to be FREE to play (Bob Brisket) thanks for the heads up. Our initial idea would be to donate to charity...but we can't accept money.

One of the many fine folks on this site that want to step up and give a gift certificate or a free something for the cause, here are some great ideas.

A Gift Certificate to your site
$ Off to your cooking class
Free Sauce or Rubs or Injections
Instructional Videos
Free Entry to one of your events

Just some ideas...now make it rain!

indianagriller
02-12-2011, 04:43 PM
im in...

BBQchef33
02-12-2011, 04:47 PM
This has to be FREE to play (Bob Brisket) thanks for the heads up. Our initial idea would be to donate to charity...but we can't accept money.

One of the many fine folks on this site that want to step up and give a gift certificate or a free something for the cause, here are some great ideas.

Instructional Videos

Sit tight. Pm sent.

Coz
02-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Hope I dont wreck your track record. Better get those big girl panties out .LOL

Chucktown
02-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Great idea. Let's get started.

Red Valley BBQ
02-12-2011, 06:44 PM
This is going to be a BLAST!!!!! :becky:

Sauced!
02-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Great idea! We are in!

goodbuddiesbbq
02-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Region 1: Gilbert, AZ

The BBQ community has all eyes on this contest. You've got the best from the west vs. Iowa Smokey D's. Never has a man had to carry such a heavy load out west then in this epic battle.

"If it wasn't for the west...bbq cooks wouldn't have to wear a vest around their chest"

Bigmista...I had dinner with you and Jimmy, Phil, Chad, Mike, Bill & Ted at the Royal. With that being said...here we go! The west has the judges trained to eat the sweet meat, but Smokey D's pulls in a RGC.

Play of the day: Smokey D's flys out on his G6 seven minutes after awards.
1. Rhythm 'n QUE
2. Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ
3. left coast q
4. Slap Yo Daddy BBQ
5. mcfrankenboo bbq
6. Bigmista's Barbecue
7. BBQThom.com
8. Smoked To The Bone
9. BBQ Castaways (unknown team to make some noise)
10. Little Miss BBQ
11. Whiskey Ranch
12. four q
13. SIN CITY SMOKERS
14. Loot N' Booty BBQ
15. Route 66 Catering Crew
16. Porketeers
17. Toys 4 BBQ'N
18. IAB 30 BBQ
19. Big Fire
20. Steel City BBQ
21. Keggers
22. Ranch13BBQ
23. TOTALLY QUE-LESS BBQ TEAM
24. Swimmin In smoke
25. Fahrenheit 251
26. Smokin' up the River
27. ARIZONA KID
28. Rub-A-Dubb Butts
29. Old Man and the Pig
30. SodBusters BBQ

No death threats...my voicemail is actually full

Thanks to Chris from IQue www.iquebarbecue.com (http://www.iquebarbecue.com/) / Great Lakes BBQ Supply www.greatlakesbbqsupply.com (http://www.greatlakesbbqsupply.com/) & BBQ Mag Online www.bbqmagonline.com (http://www.bbqmagonline.com/) for coming up with this great idea!

Kosmo's Q
02-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Awesome!

HoDeDo
02-12-2011, 10:37 PM

Instructional Videos

I could donate some product or seat discounts, etc... let me know what you guys work out...

Sit tight. Pm sent.

Let me know what I can do .... looks like a fun bracket - keep the summer interesting!:thumb:

Bigmista
02-12-2011, 11:08 PM
I'm in!

Anchors Smokeshop
02-12-2011, 11:14 PM
I'm in!

bigdogphin
02-12-2011, 11:28 PM
Sounds fun!

Bentley
02-13-2011, 01:31 AM
20. SmokinPelletheads

Sure would like to know who the cooks are on this team?

I maybe able to donate a Green Mountain Grill...Just not sure if I am following this thread well enough to figure out what is going on...If somebody wants to PM me and get me clear on what these prizes are supposed to be maybe I can figure it out!

Dale P
02-13-2011, 04:50 AM
Looks like fun to me.

Kosmo's Q
02-13-2011, 08:01 AM

Instructional Videos

To the Grand Champ I'll donate a free Competitors Box Plus a $69.50 value. It comes with all of our Injections & Soak with a Injector and a free product mixer.

Muzzlebrake
02-13-2011, 09:09 AM
if I I understand from reading the rules that you have to be in all 3 rounds and that all teams will be reseeded after the regionals. Is that correct?

glenntm
02-13-2011, 09:33 AM
This sounds fun. Were in. I find the Gilbert predictions very funny.

bearnakedbbq
02-13-2011, 11:17 AM
If you are in the competition can you play?

I will sign up for the fun of it and also throw in a prize package from Alaska.

Since I don’t know anything about the teams it will be a wild-ass-guess (wag) on my part, but what the hell, I enter the March madness each year and don’t watch any of the games. So count me in!

Just let me know where to ship the donation.

troy

bearnakedbbq
02-13-2011, 11:19 AM
so are all the bracket ready? where do I cast my vote?

troy

Muzzlebrake
02-13-2011, 12:29 PM
After the regionals have been decided...we will reseed the teams and you all have a clean slate. Just so everybody can stay in this...after the local events are done and we have our winner. We will fire it back up again and do the same thing with the Five Regional Finals. Same thing...you pick 10 teams, but the points double.

After that we will take it down to the Nationals. Same thing...you pick 10 teams, but the points triple.

Im just a little confused ( I know thats nothing new). :confused:

Are teams going to be reseeded after each round? Does "after the regionals have been decided" mean after the local contests or the outcome of the region contest?

goodbuddiesbbq
02-13-2011, 03:09 PM
So...I will try and plug away on the seeding...they are not all done yet and I have to go back and have the COMPUTER re-seed all of the teams.

Yes, you can be involved in this competition and participate in the brackets.

I will try and PM all of you tonight, but here is what we've got so far:

Kosmos Q: Giving a Comp Injection package worth over $70...unless, you win...then it becomes priceless.
Great Lakes BBQ Supply: Stepping up $100 gift certificate towards all of their fine products.
Plowboys / Smoke on Wheels: Willing to donate some product and/or discounted spots at a cook class. This stuff gets serious results...nationwide! I missed the class in Michigan (I called day before) and am regretful of that, but with my accurate assessment of these things...I may be going for a discounted rate when I win.
Burnt by the Best / Bentley: Considering putting a Green Mountain Grill. I actually cook exclusively on them and we've never had so much success. You just set it...and forget it! I will PM you tonight...Thanks!
Whiskey Bent BBQ: Chad is out of control and will put you in his all inclusive Competition BBQ Boot Camp in Florida...including food, shelter, beer, real world cooking class, shirts...and you walk with all the trophies of the day (if there are any). Disclaimer: You do not take the prize money and pay for your flight!
www.bbqmagonline.com (http://www.bbqmagonline.com) : Brian is going to give a free subscription to all that participate and is considering what else he can do to sweeten the deal. Exciting stuff there for an up and coming bbq enthusiast!
Kebroak Charcoal: Is willing to donate charcoal....details to follow. When we roll out the Stumps (waiting on reply)...we use Kebroak Lump...perfect pieces. If only it were cheaper to freight charcoal.
"Unnamed BBQ Sauce & Rub Co." is going to donate. This stuff is magic and has produced a Top 10 Overall Finish at the 2010 Jack (its first time being used), including a monster call in Ribs. In its first true competition run in Plant City, Florida it missed Grand Champion by 1 uncut rib (true story - ouch). 2nd comp...used by two teams in Florida at Lakeland Pigfest...it received 7 out of 10 possible calls (this includes overall). They are a bit hesitant, but I will strong arm (Old Kimbo Slice-style). I am 5'10" & 200 lbs and open all of the 2 Liter bottles at my house...who could stop me?

Keep it coming.

The plan currently is as follows...Chris from IQue is going to ask a couple questions about rule changes, to see which plan you all like most and I will continue getting the seeding right. Our hopes are to have a form that we will post and this can/will all be done electronically. MY COMPUTER IS THAT SMART 97.5% ACCURATE!

Stay motivated...the short answer to all of the other 68 posts is....YES, we will do this for other events as well, but this one may be the only one that picks up some product help from all the good folks on this site!

Oh yeah...if you know of an unknown team that has been taking cooking classes...sell them out on this site so that the information can be put into our database.

If you know anybody willing to help the cause...send them in.

Stay Tuned!

chromesporty
02-13-2011, 04:18 PM
Can't wait! This is gonna be fun.

rlncookinbbq
02-13-2011, 04:47 PM
A team for me to watch would be FOWL BUTT out of decatur in. They will be cooking at traverse city mi. the way it looks. They won ribs at teladaga last fall. Could be a sleeper team .just sayin.

Rub
02-13-2011, 05:17 PM
Count me in, I'd love to win Chad's BBQ Bootcamp!

huminie
02-13-2011, 05:26 PM
Sounds like fun. I am certain that betting on the last 10 teams will be more beneficial than betting on the the top 10 teams!

big brother smoke
02-13-2011, 05:30 PM
We are throwing in the following Brethren Pack:

1 - Quart of Blues Hog Tennesee Red
1 - Quart of Blues Hog Original
2 - Simply Marvelous Rubs (Your Choice)
2 - Plowboys (1 bovine Bold and 1 Yardbird)
1 - The Rub Company Santa Maria Style
3 - Spicewine sauces (1 Blue Collar, 1 Black and Gold and 1 Sweet Heat)
2 - Kosmos 1/2lb. samplers (1 Beef Injection and 1 Chicken Soak)

smokincracker
02-13-2011, 05:47 PM
Me Too I'm In...

RedPig
02-13-2011, 05:50 PM
Count me in too.

dreed
02-13-2011, 05:58 PM
I am in.

Big Ugly's BBQ
02-13-2011, 06:14 PM
I'm in, and I'll talk to Dan to see if we can sweeten the pot up with some rub.

dmprantz
02-13-2011, 06:43 PM
I'd like to participate.

Bigmista
02-13-2011, 07:06 PM
I'll sweeten the pot with
2-Bigmista t-shirts (yes we have 5x now)
2-Bigmista caps
2-bottles of Bigmista's Secret Sauce (1 regular & 1 spicy)

U2CANQUE
02-13-2011, 07:14 PM
Count me in too also, sounds like it could be about as interesting as the cooking itself...

Bentley
02-13-2011, 07:31 PM
I definitly need much more info before I can commit, and like the boot camp, shipping will have to be picked up by the winner...Also not sure by some of the previous posts, will this prize go to the overall winner of the Sams or the winner of the "pool"?...not really into givin a pit to some one that just won Big$!

Muzzlebrake
02-13-2011, 07:48 PM
Im in too but I'm still confused (could be from the Vicodin Ive been eating for 4 days) so sorry for being dumb but tell me if I have this right......
the odds posted are to win the local contest right?
Then the Regional contestants will be reseededd for round 2 and then the Finals qualifiers will be reseeded again and we will get a chance to pick after each reseeding?

Brewmaster
02-13-2011, 07:50 PM
I'm in

Crash
02-13-2011, 09:23 PM
Sounds fun. I'm in for sure.

4 smokin butts
02-13-2011, 09:38 PM
we be in

Just Pulin' Pork
02-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Man this is going to be awesome! Thanks for putting this together! Cheers to all, thank you!

Plowboy
02-13-2011, 09:51 PM
I'm in. What are we doing?

goodbuddiesbbq
02-13-2011, 09:56 PM
Here's how it will work:

I will seed each of the 20 local competitions and assign each team a ranking 1-30. You will select the same amount of teams from each local competition that you think will advance to the Regionals. Additionally, if you select the winner as one of your picks and you will get a 3 point bonus in the Local Competition Round.

Example: Local Competition - Gilbert, AZ:

With your 1st pick you select Rhythm N' Que (1 Seed) and they advance...you will get 1 point.
With your next pick you select Big Mista (6 seed) and they advance...you will get 6 points.
Next, you take Sodbusters BBQ (30 seed) and they don't advance...you get 0 points.
Next, you take BBQThom.com (7 seed) and they don't advance...you get 0 points.
Next, you take Slap Yo Daddy (4 seed) and they advance...you get 4 points. Next, you take McFrankenboo (5 seed) and they advance...you get 5 points. Finally, you take Iowa Smokey D's (2 seed) and they advance...and win you get 2 points + 3 points (winner bonus).

Therefore, for Region 1: Gilbert, AZ you would have scored 21 points. We will take your scores from all 20 local competitions and add them up. The top 3 highest scores combined from all 20 local competitions will win a prize (to be determined later).

Region 1: You will select 7 teams from each location.
(Gilbert, AZ; Sacramento, CA; Santa Fe, CA; Loveland, CO)
Region 2: You will select 7 teams from each location.
(Austin, TX; Conroe, TX; Overland Park, KS; Midwest City, OK)
Region 3: You will select 6 teams from each location.
(Baton Rouge, LA; Memphis, TN; Birmingham, AL; Marietta, GA; Orlando, FL)
Region 4: You will select 7 teams from each location.
(Evergreen Park, IL; Traverse City, MI; Madison, WI; Woodbury, MN)
Region 5: You will select 10 teams from each location.
(Greensboro, NC; Chesapeake, VA; Pittsburgh, PA)

After the Regional Competions have been determined, we will re-rank all of the teams that have moved on 1-30 for each region. You will select the 10 teams from each region (as listed below) that you think will move on to the Nationals. All of the points in this round will be doubled. The winner bonus for each Region will be a 6 point bonus in this round. We will reward prizes for the top 3 highest scores in this round.

Side Note: We will keep all scores from all 3 rounds to determine our overall winner. However, even if you were in dead last from the 1st round...you can still be the high scorer in the Regional round or National round and win prizes.

Region 1: Las Vegas, NV
Region 2: Fort Worth, TX
Region 3: Jackson, TN
Region 4: Indianapolis, IN
Region 5: Medford, NY

After the National Competion has been determined, we will re-rank all of the teams that have moved on 1-50. You will select the 10 teams that you think will finish in the top 10. If your selections make the Top 10 you will be scored as follows (points are tripled):

1st place - 10 points x 3 + 9 points (winner bonus x 3) = 39 points
2nd place - 9 points x 3 = 27 points
3rd place - 8 points x 3 = 24 points
down through 10th place
10th place - 1 point x 3 = 3 points

We will reward prizes for the top 3 highest scores in this round.

Finally, the highest scorer when all 3 rounds (local, regional & national) are added together will win our grand prize (to be named later).

Confused...or does that make sense?

goodbuddiesbbq
02-13-2011, 09:59 PM

I'm sure he wouldn't mine winning a refresher course at yours, either.

So with that being said...Uncle Rub...you interested in giving up that rib rub recipe as a prize?

Plowboy
02-13-2011, 10:26 PM
Sounds like you have a lot of prizes compiled. Maybe group them into prizes for top 3 or 5.

How do we submit our picks?

goodbuddiesbbq
02-13-2011, 10:33 PM
I do not want to have to manually add all of these scores up. I have a meeting tomorrow with my "Computer" to see if we can program a simpler way than manual.

I agree...with the prizes that are coming in...it should be some really nice payouts.

Butcher BBQ has agreed payout to each of the Regional winners (Top 3).

It may actually get to the point where we are stacking some prizes...but don't let that hold you back from donating.

I'll let you all know my findings tomorrow for a ranking system.

I smell the good ole fashion excel doc getting sent out.

Thanks

Crash
02-13-2011, 11:05 PM
Hibarbeque.com will donate 12 pounds of Guava wood. Heck, we'll even ship it. :wink:

Finney
02-14-2011, 05:15 AM
Sounds like fun.
Will you be preparing a document with the brackets or something to fill out?

goodbuddiesbbq
02-14-2011, 06:05 AM
Sounds like fun.
Will you be preparing a document with the brackets or something to fill out?

Yes...I'm working on the best/easiest way for all to submit their picks. I'm trying to find a way that makes it easiest to tally up the points.

goodbuddiesbbq
02-14-2011, 06:10 AM
Hibarbeque.com will donate 12 pounds of Guava wood. Heck, we'll even ship it. :wink:

I have never cooked on Guava...I've got to say that I would love to give it a try. Thanks for your support of our Fantasy BBQ Pick em'.

Trainwreck
02-14-2011, 06:17 AM
Great idea. Count us in

goodbuddiesbbq
02-14-2011, 06:18 AM
I'm in, and I'll talk to Dan to see if we can sweeten the pot up with some rub.

If you guys could...that would be great. My promise is that I'll take it easy on you guys in Region 5 if you can donate.

Thanks...either way...no apply pressure.

Smokin' Bad Habit
02-14-2011, 06:20 AM
i want some of this action!

Squeeze
02-14-2011, 06:26 AM
I'm in

Brew-B-Q
02-14-2011, 07:46 AM
Sounds like fun.

goodbuddiesbbq
02-14-2011, 07:51 AM
For those that use this product...you know what it is capable of.

They have come over the top with a prize offer:
They are going to award 1 pound of their Award Winning / Championship Blend Rub to whoever scores the highest in each of the 20 local competitions.

So now...
:-DIf you score highest in 1 of the 20 local comps...you win 1# pound of 3 Eyz Rub
:-DIf you score in the top 3 overall scores of the local comps combined...you win a prize from our other great supporters
:-DIf you score highest in 1 of the 5 regional comps...you win 1# pound of 3 Eyz Rub & a Team Shirt from (3 Eyz or Big Ugly BBQ...subject to availability).
:-DIf you score in the top 3 overall scores for the regional comps combined...you win a prize from out other great supporters
:-DIf you score in the top 3 at the nationals you win a prize from our great supporters
:-DIf you score in the top 3 overall after the nationals you win a prize.

Thanks to Dan and everybody

Finney
02-14-2011, 08:36 AM
Yes...I'm working on the best/easiest way for all to submit their picks. I'm trying to find a way that makes it easiest to tally up the points.

An excel spreadsheet would probably be the easiest. Then you could copy and paste individuals sheets into a master and it would do the math. (once the master was set up)

Jacked UP BBQ
02-14-2011, 09:16 AM
I am in for this.

I will through in a pound of rub if you need it for prizes.

Bbq Bubba
02-14-2011, 09:47 AM
I am in for this.

I will through in a pound of rub if you need it for prizes.

That alone is worth a walk all day.

SmokeMeTender
02-14-2011, 09:53 AM
Count Smoke Me Tender BBQ in.:-D

Fat Woody
02-14-2011, 09:58 AM
Oh, he!! yes! I'm down and I'll take Longshot Rainmaker Darkhorse BBQ in the third race at Pimlico! To show!

Or is this something else...? Either way, I'm in! Can't be any harder than pickin' my NASCAR fantasy team every week...

:rain::rain::rain::rain::rain::rain:

WhiskeyBentBBQ
02-14-2011, 10:05 AM

It is really going to be focusing on how you can personally consume a 1.75 liter of the whiskey of your choice, not get thrown out for quiet times infractions and manage to make all turn in times and have a fighting chance at the awards.

I will also cover how you personalize $10 bills to Jimmy Brod (smokin' cracker) after he whips our ass at chicken and/or brisket. I am very experienced when it comes to that.

Either way you slice it, it will be a good time.

Plowboy
02-14-2011, 11:32 AM
For those that use this product...you know what it is capable of.

They have come over the top with a prize offer:
They are going to award 1 pound of their Award Winning / Championship Blend Rub to whoever scores the highest in each of the 20 local competitions.

So now...
:-DIf you score highest in 1 of the 20 local comps...you win 1# pound of 3 Eyz Rub
:-DIf you score in the top 3 overall scores of the local comps combined...you win a prize from our other great supporters
:-DIf you score highest in 1 of the 5 regional comps...you win 1# pound of 3 Eyz Rub & a Team Shirt from (3 Eyz or Big Ugly BBQ...subject to availability).
:-DIf you score in the top 3 overall scores for the regional comps combined...you win a prize from out other great supporters
:-DIf you score in the top 3 at the nationals you win a prize from our great supporters
:-DIf you score in the top 3 overall after the nationals you win a prize.

Thanks to Dan and everybody

I need a spreadsheet just to keep up with the prizes.

goodbuddiesbbq
02-14-2011, 12:26 PM
I need a spreadsheet just to keep up with the prizes.

You win something...just for participating and then you can some amazing stuff.

Worse case...if you don't like any of the products...you can take it all in a SERVICE MERCHANDISE GIFT CERTIFICATE, just like the old Wheel of Fortune when they made you spend your money after each round.

And yeah...I would love to take a pound of the Jacked Up rub and analyze it for our database before some lucky person wins it.

Last but not least...I think Excel is going to be the play...I will work on this the next few days and hopefully most, if not all of the locations will be full by then.

All donations are appreciated.

goodbuddiesbbq
02-14-2011, 12:32 PM
20 questions with a World Champion

How about it Chris (Ique), Scottie (Cancersuckschicago.com), Rub (Swamp Boys) or any others out there!

You donate the opportunity for a lucky person to ask you 20 questions via the BBQ Brethren Hotline aka your cell phone. They will try and be as honest as possible, but you only get to ask 20 questions.

For Example:
1. What sauce do you use for Pork?
2. Do you use a slather on any of your categories before applying rub?
3. What rub do you use for Ribs?

Just as a test run...if the three of you would answer these questions so that the lucky guests at home can understand what they win?:-D:-D:-D

Capn Kev
02-14-2011, 12:36 PM
Here's how it will work:

I will seed each of the 20 local competitions and assign each team a ranking 1-30. You will select the same amount of teams from each local competition that you think will advance to the Regionals. Additionally, if you select the winner as one of your picks and you will get a 3 point bonus in the Local Competition Round.

Confused...or does that make sense?

I'M IN! :eusa_clap

Scottie
02-14-2011, 01:22 PM
How about 2 questions and I'm in... or teams can have the opportunity to cook with me and wash my dishes for $500 and you get a tax break (better than my class for hands on and a bigger tax break) because it will be a donation to my foundation... I forgot. Also have to make me cocktails... ;)

Pig Headed
02-14-2011, 01:43 PM
Sounds like fun, I'm in.

Three porks
02-14-2011, 02:07 PM
count me in too

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Ron_L
02-14-2011, 02:08 PM
How about 2 questions and I'm in... or teams can have the opportunity to cook with me and wash my dishes for $500 and you get a tax break (better than my class for hands on and a bigger tax break) because it will be a donation to my foundation... I forgot. Also have to make me cocktails... ;)

Note: Attendee must provide an unlimited supply of Sundrop

:becky:

Alexa RnQ
02-14-2011, 02:43 PM
Note: Attendee must provide an unlimited supply of Sundrop

:becky:
Scottie, that reminds me!!! I thought of you when I was in a local market yesterday --

WE HAVE SUN DROP HERE NOW!!!!! http://www.divaherself.com/funny/woot.gif

Scottie
02-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Yeah, that doesn't surprise me... they just sent me 1000 shares for their company.. for past consideration and for being such a spokenan for Sun Drop!!!! ;)

It's national now.

goodbuddiesbbq
02-14-2011, 03:53 PM

How about 10 questions from a WORLD CHAMPION :-D and I'll make a donation to your charity?

RedPig
02-14-2011, 05:35 PM
20 questions with a World Champion

How about it Chris (Ique), Scottie (Cancersuckschicago.com), Rub (Swamp Boys) or any others out there!

You donate the opportunity for a lucky person to ask you 20 questions via the BBQ Brethren Hotline aka your cell phone. They will try and be as honest as possible, but you only get to ask 20 questions.

For Example:
1. What sauce do you use for Pork?
2. Do you use a slather on any of your categories before applying rub?
3. What rub do you use for Ribs?

Just as a test run...if the three of you would answer these questions so that the lucky guests at home can understand what they win?:-D:-D:-D
I like the way you think.:clap:

Capn Kev
02-14-2011, 06:38 PM
When will the computer "seeding" be done for each of the brackets? I'm curious to see how my own guesses stack up against the supa computa ;)

Rstone
02-14-2011, 06:44 PM
When will you have all of the teams seeded? It killing me!:crazy:

Big Ugly's BBQ
02-14-2011, 07:14 PM
I would think he'll wait till all the spots are filled in. There are still a few openings out there.

Sticks-n-chicks
02-14-2011, 07:51 PM
How cool, I'm in.

goodbuddiesbbq
02-14-2011, 08:58 PM
After letting the TPX 2500 cool down from processing over 173 sortable fields of Hard Nosed BBQ Data...I bring to you...with a resounding 98.9% accuracy...our highest recording ever...Austin, TX

But first, can Quau fire it back up and chase it down again? Can Johnny Trigg find the magic in those "boots with the fur...with the fur"? Will a couple of other teams sneak in and capture glory down in Tejas? Or could those Jambo driving Ohio City Boys out Jambo Johnny Trigg.

:-D:-DIn a press release from Them Ohio City Boys we issue this statement "We want Jambo pink slips to be put on the table: Ohio vs. Texas. Winner takes it all, loser takes the fall! World Champions...we'll see. To quote Kenny Powers..."set that _ _ _ _ up!":-D:-D

I made that up...we don't need any death threats...again...you know who you are!

Let's Do This!

Region 2 - Austin, TX
1. Quau (Hits a soft draw and takes it down)
2. Blazen BBQ
3. Smoke'n Ice
4. Smokin' Triggers
5. Them Ohio City Boys
6. Grills Gone Wild of Texas
7. Hoggy Style OK
8. Ritter's BBQ Too!
9. Texas Rib Rangers BBQ
10. it aint prime
11. full moon
12. Smokin' Wally's BBQ
13. Sweet Heat Competition Barbeque
14. INHOGNITO
15. Just Smokin
16. BROTHER UBS BBQ
17. Pitmaker - BBQ Addiction
18. Los Primos BBQ
19. BS BBQ
20. lost gonzo bbq
21. Big Bro's Que
22. T & A BBQ
23. South Texas Brew Crew
24. EZ BBQ Bunch
25. Redneck Cooker
26. KABOOSE COOKERS
27. Circle Track Smokers
28. Cosmic Cooks
29. Full Draw BBQ
30. S & S Pit Crew

goodbuddiesbbq
02-14-2011, 09:41 PM
This one actually crashed the CB4 Super Main Frame computer. It is unable to process data under a 90% accuracy rating and crashed. Luckily, I hooked it up to one of Pelletheads.com Green Mountain Grills (PM Me, please) and it produced enough power to give you a 95.5% accuracy rating.

First, let me say that I am currently having a romantic dinner with my wife aboard Smokey D's G6 as he is mixing us cocktails and singing like Dean Martin...this guy is top flight. Why she sneaks away for a moment before we land in Paris for brunch...I bring you the teams for the 2011 Jack Daniels...I mean the Region 2: Midwest City, OK.

Good Lord! When you see these names, you'll understand why the "worlds second most powerful computer" behind only NASA's...almost blue screened.

You've got the battle of injections: Kosmos vs Butcher
We've got Butcher rolling strong, but did he win??? If Kosmos gets that brisket turned in this week he makes a play at GC...did he win???

Our computer calls 14 teams that could win this one. You could score some big points on some teams that could easily win in some qualifiers...brutal...brutal...brutal.

With that being said...check these teams out!
1. Little Pig Town
2. 4 Legs Up BBQ
3. rbutts rsmokin
4. Butcher BBQ
5. Kosmo's Q (If he gets that brisket in...he jumps up)
6. Dodge County Smokers
7. Stu's Q BBQ
8. jp custom smoke
9. Wildcatters Q crew
10. PigDawg
11. Hog Tide Bar-B-Que
12. Grauers Hog Wash BBQ
13. Hardway Barbecue
14. Jay Willie's Whiskey Pit
15. Pig In! Pig Out!
16. iron wheel cookers
17. HalfSauced Barbeque
18. BUZZARD BAIT BBQ & CHILI
19. Smokin' Leprechauns
20. Macs barbeque
21. HotWire BBQ
22. BURN N' TURN BBQ
23. Flat Broke BBQ
24. RED OAK BBQ
25. Lemonade Louie BBQ
26. Pink Flamingo BBQ
27. Little O's
28. The Cooking Crew
29. Smokin' BBQ Boys
30. JJ's Best

I deserve some death threats after this...863-221-8144. Text me @ 3 am...with your team name and you win a prize. That's when I'm up doing P90x workouts.:-D

Kosmo's Q
02-14-2011, 09:53 PM
You've got the battle of injections: Kosmos vs Butcher
We've got Butcher rolling strong, but did he win??? If Kosmos gets that brisket turned in this week he makes a play at GC...did he win???

1. Little Pig Town
2. 4 Legs Up BBQ
3. rbutts rsmokin
4. Butcher BBQ
5. Kosmo's Q (If he gets that brisket in...he jumps up)
6. Dodge County Smokers
7. Stu's Q BBQ
8. jp custom smoke
9. Wildcatters Q crew
10. PigDawg
11. Hog Tide Bar-B-Que
12. Grauers Hog Wash BBQ
13. Hardway Barbecue
14. Jay Willie's Whiskey Pit
15. Pig In! Pig Out!
16. iron wheel cookers
17. HalfSauced Barbeque
18. BUZZARD BAIT BBQ & CHILI
19. Smokin' Leprechauns
20. Macs barbeque
21. HotWire BBQ
22. BURN N' TURN BBQ
23. Flat Broke BBQ
24. RED OAK BBQ
25. Lemonade Louie BBQ
26. Pink Flamingo BBQ
27. Little O's
28. The Cooking Crew
29. Smokin' BBQ Boys
30. JJ's Best

I deserve some death threats after this...863-221-8144. Text me @ 3 am...with your team name and you win a prize. That's when I'm up doing P90x workouts.:-D

Hope this time I keep my head out of there if you know what I mean...... I'm have been re-born a new Q'er... No Farking around this time! I have a restraining order for Jay Willies and my wife running guard for me. It's going down in Midwest City. No prisoners!

Atleast I hope this time... LOL

goodbuddiesbbq
02-14-2011, 10:13 PM
Hope this time I keep my head out of there if you know what I mean...... I'm have been re-born a new Q'er... No Farking around this time! I have a restraining order for Jay Willies and my wife running guard for me. It's going down in Midwest City. No prisoners!

Atleast I hope this time... LOL

This is actually a severe medical condition that is going around.

It's called Tuffinitis

Tuffinitis: A virus that makes you take total disregard for how long it takes to turn in a box.

If a video surfaces of you busting into a large closet and staring down a KCBS rep and begging...I'll never let you live it down. Even if you can actually get the box in the bread tray in less than 7 attempts. That was the funniest part of the video (put in here, no down here, no turn it, the other way)...Gold! As a matter of fact...you have reminded me to send Tuffy his video clip from Pigfest...it's been a couple of weeks.

:-D:-D:-D

Big Poppa
02-14-2011, 10:43 PM
Big Poppa Smokers will give a $25.oo Gift Certificate to the person with the worst record in each bracket.

Jeff_in_KC
02-14-2011, 10:58 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm in too!

Crash
02-14-2011, 11:45 PM
Also have to make me cocktails... ;)
Now that's just a damn good deal right there.

Smokin' Bad Habit
02-15-2011, 06:11 AM
i would love to see 1 - 30 in the overlandpark kansas bracket....ive see 1 - 15 but not the whole field

tmcmaster
02-15-2011, 06:56 AM
I'd like to see the full 30 for Pittsbugh as well...

rip
02-15-2011, 07:06 AM
I'm in

Kosmo's Q
02-15-2011, 07:23 AM
This is actually a severe medical condition that is going around.

It's called Tuffinitis

Tuffinitis: A virus that makes you take total disregard for how long it takes to turn in a box.

If a video surfaces of you busting into a large closet and staring down a KCBS rep and begging...I'll never let you live it down. Even if you can actually get the box in the bread tray in less than 7 attempts. That was the funniest part of the video (put in here, no down here, no turn it, the other way)...Gold! As a matter of fact...you have reminded me to send Tuffy his video clip from Pigfest...it's been a couple of weeks.

:-D:-D:-D

If there is a video of me out there I promise there was no begging..At first :icon_shy . Maybe some bribing, though it still didn't work................. :becky:

goodbuddiesbbq
02-15-2011, 07:32 AM
The full 30:

1. early bird bbq (upsets the tough field)
2. KC Can Crew
3. RIbs 4 u
4. Munchin Hogs @ the Hilton
5. MoKan Meatheads
6. Big Creek BBQ
7. Caveman Cuisine
8. Boondoggle BBQ
9. Four Men and A Pig
10.Pork Me Purple
11. Park Avenue Pork
12. Big Wigs BBQ
13. TEAM OVERSERVED
14. TheSlabs.com
15. Saucy Hogs
16. KC SMOKE DAWGS
17. Yard Time BBQ
18. SMOKE ME TENDER BBQ
19. Sticks-n-Chicks BBQ
20. We Like Big Butts
21. Donkey Punch BBQ
22. B&C Smokers
23. Smokin' Bad Habit
24. Dunn Up BBQ
25. QSS SMOKIN'
26. charisma
27. Masterque
28. postal pork bbq
29. Fullwood Bros BBQ
30. Boo Booz Bbq

bbqfun
02-15-2011, 07:41 AM
"Big Poppa Smokers will give a $25.oo Gift Certificate to the person with the worst record in each bracket"

Now I have a chance..I'm in!

Scottie
02-15-2011, 08:14 AM
That's what I was thinking. I mean, I didn't require them to supply the Jack as well...

Now that's just a damn good deal right there.

Three porks
02-15-2011, 09:33 AM
Can we see Region 4- Evergreen Park

WhiskeyBentBBQ
02-15-2011, 10:30 AM
As one of the stronger handicappers in the FBA, I will tell you that the "BBQ Swami" has some serious skills. He is a member of our team but now that he is up north, we only get to cook together about 3-4 times a year.

When we cook together, the tradition is for us to make a drink after turn in's, grab the microphone in our tent and start setting the odds for awards. I have never seen this guy hit at less than 90% and walk away without a pocket full of money. He did all this without the power of the computer bank that he has set up now.

Maybe the guy has too much time on his hands but who am I to judge, he is just that damn good. I would definitely say to participate in this at your own risk because this guy is shark, he knows his BBQ.

I'm not only talking contest results but rubs, sauces, cook classes, injections, etc. We have been able to take his analysis and our participation in Rub's cooking class to cut down our learning curve significantly.

At the end of the day, whether you like him or hate him, he is one of the funniest guys to sit down and split a case of Natty Light with!

Rub
02-15-2011, 10:37 AM
At the end of the day, whether you like him or hate him, he is one of the funniest guys to sit down and split a case of Natty Light with!
I'll toast to that! :thumb:

U2CANQUE
02-15-2011, 12:24 PM
After letting the TPX 2500 cool down from processing over 173 sortable fields of Hard Nosed BBQ Data...I bring to you...with a resounding 98.9% accuracy...our highest recording ever...Austin, TX

But first, can Quau fire it back up and chase it down again? Can Johnny Trigg find the magic in those "boots with the fur...with the fur"? Will a couple of other teams sneak in and capture glory down in Tejas? Or could those Jambo driving Ohio City Boys out Jambo Johnny Trigg.

:-D:-DIn a press release from Them Ohio City Boys we issue this statement "We want Jambo pink slips to be put on the table: Ohio vs. Texas. Winner takes it all, loser takes the fall! World Champions...we'll see. To quote Kenny Powers..."set that _ _ _ _ up!":-D:-D:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

I made that up...we don't need any death threats...again...you know who you are!

Let's Do This!

Region 2 - Austin, TX
1. Quau (Hits a soft draw and takes it down)
2. Blazen BBQ
3. Smoke'n Ice
4. Smokin' Triggers
5. Them Ohio City Boys
6. Grills Gone Wild of Texas
7. Hoggy Style OK
8. Ritter's BBQ Too!
9. Texas Rib Rangers BBQ
10. it aint prime
11. full moon
12. Smokin' Wally's BBQ
13. Sweet Heat Competition Barbeque
14. INHOGNITO
15. Just Smokin
16. BROTHER UBS BBQ
17. Pitmaker - BBQ Addiction
18. Los Primos BBQ
19. BS BBQ
20. lost gonzo bbq
21. Big Bro's Que
22. T & A BBQ
23. South Texas Brew Crew
24. EZ BBQ Bunch
25. Redneck Cooker
26. KABOOSE COOKERS
27. Circle Track Smokers
28. Cosmic Cooks
29. Full Draw BBQ
30. S & S Pit Crew

The hard part of cooking in TX is that we (in KCBS) rarely hear from the TX syndicate....they are some good cooking teams, I have gotten to cook against a few in Lonestar and IBCA....tough field.....and to take it from Johnny is his back yard....tough call on that one....but, it will be a fun one at that!!

chromesporty
02-15-2011, 12:35 PM
The hard part of cooking in TX is that we (in KCBS) rarely hear from the TX syndicate....they are some good cooking teams, I have gotten to cook against a few in Lonestar and IBCA....tough field.....and to take it from Johnny is his back yard....tough call on that one....but, it will be a fun one at that!!

SSSSHHHHHH! I think the rankings are about right.

goodbuddiesbbq
02-15-2011, 01:06 PM
As one of the stronger handicappers in the FBA, I will tell you that the "BBQ Swami" has some serious skills. He is a member of our team but now that he is up north, we only get to cook together about 3-4 times a year.

When we cook together, the tradition is for us to make a drink after turn in's, grab the microphone in our tent and start setting the odds for awards. I have never seen this guy hit at less than 90% and walk away without a pocket full of money. He did all this without the power of the computer bank that he has set up now.

Maybe the guy has too much time on his hands but who am I to judge, he is just that damn good. I would definitely say to participate in this at your own risk because this guy is shark, he knows his BBQ.

I'm not only talking contest results but rubs, sauces, cook classes, injections, etc. We have been able to take his analysis and our participation in Rub's cooking class to cut down our learning curve significantly.

As for Natty Light...that's not me...ever...never once!

As mentioned...Smokey D and I, G6 to and from comps and sip only the finest wines and trappist ales...we are inseperable. As for the 90% accuracy...that was before the computer.

Maybe as part of the prize pool, I'll tell you one of our many stories we've accumulated along the way:
1. The only way to win your first Grand Championship (Fake a TV Show)
2. Missing turn-ins in Wauchula because half your team was less than desirable before the cooks meeting. (Side note: Don't have a contest in the parking lot of a police station and call the event - dry!)
3. Attempting to purchase a lot of bbq product from one of my BBQ Heroes and somehow it ending with me receiving multiple death threats (not from him...he's still a hero of mine and I've never met him). Good deeds never go unpunished. NO NAMES PLEASE!!!
4. Post as your brother on this forum and get him cussed out by an older lady in front of all of your friends and family @ Pigfrest (Classic). His face...when he had no idea what was going on...priceless.

I'll stop there!

Smoke'n Ice
02-15-2011, 01:06 PM
I'll see some of you guys in a few weeks at a warm up. We can discuss our picks at that time. I suspect that the team in the 24 spot might do a bit better than the TPX2400 believes as it may not speak Texican very well, if at all.

I'm flattered by my ranking but cooking in Texas against a bunch of damn good cooks from Texas and elsewhere may prove a major hurdle.

Just saying, since my wife and I are certified judges, we'll probably sign up to judge in Ft. Worth if we want to be there.

clubjoe
02-15-2011, 01:13 PM
Not complaining, but KCBS has our named spelled wrong for Midwest City. It's R Butts R Smokin. Thanks

goodbuddiesbbq
02-15-2011, 01:16 PM
I'll see some of you guys in a few weeks at a warm up. We can discuss our picks at that time. I suspect that the team in the 24 spot might do a bit better than the TPX2400 believes as it may not speak Texican very well, if at all.

I'm flattered by my ranking but cooking in Texas against a bunch of damn good cooks from Texas and elsewhere may prove a major hurdle.

Just saying, since my wife and I are certified judges, we'll probably sign up to judge in Ft. Worth if we want to be there.

Don't you sandbag us with that softball response...you are in that spot for a reason.

The TPX2400 is actually fluent in over 21 foreign languages, which is why one of our newest sponsors for this pick em' is....this is an exciting annoncement...

Rosetta Stone

goodbuddiesbbq
02-15-2011, 02:04 PM
It is with 96.1% accuracy that the PS3XBOX2900 Super Computer has returned its findings for Evergreen, IL. Although, it has a couple of big hitters...it is mostly loaded with teams that are looking for a long awaited return to the GC stage or a first GC. I have to admit the first time that we analyzed...it did throw Captain Ron as GC. There was one glaring problem with that...Able Acres and 4 Smokin Butts were not added at that time.

With that being said...here is exactly how this one is going to play out. Also, my arch nemesis (Hoosier Crawdaddy)...he beat me for Ohio Team of the Year 2010 qualifies and inches closer to my meeting him again reuninion. I bet he had no idea that I had him on my radar all this time.

I bet he sleeps well at night, too.
1. Able Acres BBQ
2. 4 smokin' butts
3. Gilly's Barnstormin' BBQ
4. Uncle Bub's BBQ
5. Twyford BBQ & Catering
6. Hoosier Crawdaddy
7. Stockcar BBQ
8. Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que
9. Double D's of Indiana
10. Windy City Smokers
11. Blue Chip BBQ
12. Three Porks and a Smoker
13. Monty Pigthon & the Holy Grill
14. The Smoke Hunters
15. Pork Patrol BBq
16. rib runners
17. Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
18. Roadmaster BBQ
19. Joey Mac Smoke Stax
20. Smoky River BBQ
21. Barnstormers BBQ
22. Black and Blue BBQ
23. Dale's Rib Snort'N' BBQ
24. Ma & Pa's Kettle
25. Pepperitaville
26. rollin'ribs
27. burnita bar-be-que boys
28. Shake 'n Bake BBQ
29. MikeRIB BBQ
30. bigdaddyoowee bbq

No Death Threats!!!:-D

Ron_L
02-15-2011, 02:07 PM
I like the first run better :-D But adding 4 Smokin' Butts and Able Acres dropped us to 8th? That don't make sense :-D

big matt
02-15-2011, 02:22 PM
We are gonna try our best to live up to the #3 ranking in Gilbert!

Scottie
02-15-2011, 02:25 PM
maybe the competition makes you turtle up? :crazy:

Good luck Ron. I sure would love to see a local team win it...

And damn.. Joey Mac drops to not even in the top half?

I like the first run better :-D But adding 4 Smokin' Butts and Able Acres dropped us to 8th? That don't make sense :-D

Ron_L
02-15-2011, 03:23 PM
Joe hasn't been cooking much, so maybe the computer doesn't know that much about him. :-D

Consider us the Avis of BBQ. We try harder :-D

Scottie
02-15-2011, 03:26 PM
I think he's been in the top 10 in the contests he has cooked?

Not that I care... I mean, this is 97.4% accurate... :becky:

Jeff_in_KC
02-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Are these the final rankings or will they be updated as we get closer?

Three porks
02-15-2011, 03:33 PM

I was wondering the same thing. Our team will have 4 comps before evergreen park.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Smoke'n Ice
02-15-2011, 04:27 PM
I have fired up my TRS80 Color Computer (CoCo), got the 8" floppies ready to go, submitted the FORTRAN program deck to the computer lab and they put it through the IBM 082 card sorter and have certified it error free and transfered it to 5 track punch tape. All I need now is the Lotus spread sheet from GoodbuddiesBBQ to make my guaranteed picks. Couldn't get the 6250GCR tape decks working, there is "crap in the Gap" and they need to be defluxed (edited by WordStar)

Ron_L
02-15-2011, 04:29 PM
I have fired up my TRS80 Color Computer (CoCo), got the 8" floppies ready to go, submitted the FORTRAN program deck to the computer lab and they put it through the IBM 082 card sorter and have certified it error free and transfered it to 5 track punch tape. All I need now is the Lotus spread sheet from GoodbuddiesBBQ to make my guaranteed picks.

Ooooo... You have a color version? I'm jealous! :becky:

Todd Ras
02-15-2011, 04:38 PM
I'm in for the game. I think our rank is about right really as the OP location is tough. We like being the underdog and sneaking up on people from behind :boxing:

Trainwreck
02-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Would love to see the rankings for Region 4 Madison, WI. Or maybe not:redface:

Coz
02-15-2011, 05:58 PM
Would love to see the rankings for Region 4 Madison, WI. Or maybe not:redface:

Just concentrate on what I said last nite ... dont believe me ????? Buzz :becky:

Plowboy
02-15-2011, 06:49 PM
I'm in for the game. I think our rank is about right really as the OP location is tough. We like being the underdog and sneaking up on people from behind :boxing:

Yeah, I got Donkey Punched last year. :mad:

goodbuddiesbbq
02-15-2011, 07:05 PM

So...with the two teams that were added:

1. The computer looks at your strengths (chicken, ribs, pork, brisket)
2. The computer looks at your competitors strengths
3. The computer looks at you past competitions
4. The computer looks at how many comps you have done in a "period"
5. The computer looks at your "upside" have you won...how many times?
6. The computer looks at recent streaks
7. The computer looks at regional performances: From California and cooking in Indiana...you might get surprised.
8. Random generators: What table do you hit & what category

Let, me talk about #8...this is where you lost it Ron. When those guys joined it started to push you down in categories where you could potentially be the best at the table. They change the scope to where if you hit their tables in your "strong" categories, the computer thinks they would be up for the challenge. In short, that would put you at 2nd best (potentially) at the judges table in your best categories. That's why it threw you so far back.

Sometimes the computer is too smart...and the turtle thing as well!:-D

smokincracker
02-15-2011, 08:11 PM

love me some Natty Light!

Jeff_in_KC
02-15-2011, 11:06 PM

And then punching them in the back of the head at an opportune time? :laugh:

sitnfat
02-15-2011, 11:14 PM
Able Acres is a tough team. I spoke with them last year at New Pal great guys and after 3 comps already had big walks

michiana mark
02-16-2011, 12:19 AM
It is with 96.1% accuracy that the PS3XBOX2900 Super Computer has returned its findings for Evergreen, IL. Although, it has a couple of big hitters...it is mostly loaded with teams that are looking for a long awaited return to the GC stage or a first GC. I have to admit the first time that we analyzed...it did throw Captain Ron as GC. There was one glaring problem with that...Able Acres and 4 Smokin Butts were not added at that time.

With that being said...here is exactly how this one is going to play out. Also, my arch nemesis (Hoosier Crawdaddy)...he beat me for Ohio Team of the Year 2010 qualifies and inches closer to my meeting him again reuninion. I bet he had no idea that I had him on my radar all this time.

I bet he sleeps well at night, too.
1. Able Acres BBQ
2. 4 smokin' butts
3. Gilly's Barnstormin' BBQ
4. Uncle Bub's BBQ
5. Twyford BBQ & Catering
6. Hoosier Crawdaddy
7. Stockcar BBQ
8. Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que
9. Double D's of Indiana
10. Windy City Smokers
11. Blue Chip BBQ
12. Three Porks and a Smoker
13. Monty Pigthon & the Holy Grill
14. The Smoke Hunters
15. Pork Patrol BBq
16. rib runners
17. Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
18. Roadmaster BBQ
19. Joey Mac Smoke Stax
20. Smoky River BBQ
21. Barnstormers BBQ
22. Black and Blue BBQ
23. Dale's Rib Snort'N' BBQ
24. Ma & Pa's Kettle
25. Pepperitaville
26. rollin'ribs
27. burnita bar-be-que boys
28. Shake 'n Bake BBQ
29. MikeRIB BBQ
30. bigdaddyoowee bbq

No Death Threats!!!:-D

18th, Thanks Swami, appreciate the confidence. Dark horse moven up.

Derek mod: "Happy to finish mid pack":redface:

Couldn't follow all the prelims, but we're in, for whatever.

route66
02-16-2011, 01:30 AM
Here is how it would work:

I will seed out all 30 teams for each location. The #1 seed (percieved strongest team) is worth 1 point, #2 seed worth 2 points...all the way down to the #30 seed (dark horse, long shot, rainmaker, hail mary, cold day in hell team) worth 30 points. Obviously, a former World Champion would be seeded higher than a team competing in their first event. However, if you get a long shot to pay off...you could dominate. Pick yourself and cook your butt off and who knows.

You would get 10 picks per location (20 locations total...I think) and whomever has the most points wins a prize. If you want to participate, but aren't sure who to pick...just follow my picks straight down the line. 98.4% of the time I'm right.

The payouts are as follows:
Win the local portion (highest score for local events only): wins a prize
Win the Regional portion (highest score for regionals only): wins a prize
Win the Nationals portion (highest score for nationals only): wins a prize
Have the highest total points combined through all 3 stages: wins a prize

You have to be involved in each of the 3 rounds to be eligible for the final prize.

Is there an interest? Anybody feeling Charitable out there?
I want a piece of this and am in. My prediction is that 4 of the the finalists in Bentonville will be from the Gilbert Bracket. They might like it sweet but there are a lot of good teams in this one.

goodbuddiesbbq
02-16-2011, 06:38 AM

When we are two weeks out...I will resend a final updated list.

This is probably best because some of these events are six months away still. A lot can change in six months.

Let these serve as a preliminary and we will lock two weeks out and update. Please send any useful information you have about some teams (i.e. an former team member that is now competing as thier own team, but has never cooked a comp solo yet).

goodbuddiesbbq
02-16-2011, 07:55 AM
Read the rules...this is how the finals of the "Other Pick em'" will work.

If you don't know about a team...I'll try and give some stuff to introduce them a bit.

Just so we can start to work out the kinks...here is this weeks FBA event in Haines City, FL. It is with 98.4% accuracy that I report the power poll for this upcoming Jack Qualifier in Haines City, FL. A few of the big dogs from FBA comps will not be here for this one, so anybody can truly win (kind of).

For this one...lets do this...you pick 10 teams that you think will make the top 10 overall. Just pick teams that you think will make the top 10 in the order that you think they will finish.

1st place = 10 points
10th place = 1 point

If one of your picks wins you get a 3 bonus points.

No prizes...just a trial run...unless somebody wants to put up a "small prize".

For this one, just post your top 10 on this thread
1. Smokin' Cracker BBQ Team: Helped cook a GC last week...brisket is on fire!
2. Whiskey Bent BBQ: Could have won last two events if chicken hit a good table
3. Big Papa's Country Kitchen: Last weeks RGC and 2010 FBA Team of the Year
4. Unknown BBQ: Always a contender and the Winter Haven hangover is gone.
5. Git R Smoked: Very solid. One of the best chicken cooks in the world.
6. Uncle Kenny's: If the judges like his sauce this weekend...it's on!
7. Smoke Shack: Not sure if this is the right smoke shack...if it is...they could make noise.
8. Florida Boys : This team has finally got it figured out and have won two GC's in 6 months.
9. Great Lake BBQ & Feed Co.: Did you take Butchers/Plowboys class in Michigan?
10. Blitzkrieg BBQ: Up and coming...watch out for these boys in brisket.
11. Hot Wachulas: Ribs on...can he get the other categories to catch up?
12. Eb's Pit Stop BBQ: Seasoned pro..can hit high and low.
13. Pig In Or Pig Out: Similar to Eb's...they can get a call or two and make some noise.
14. Fatt Ashes: First pro comp...however, beat the biggest backyard field @ 2011 Pigfest
15. Porkin Aint Easy: A great backyard team that is still figuring it out. They'll get a call.
16. Boca BBQ: Hot and cold...Boca could be a top 10 or a 25th overall team.
17. Accutech BBQ: Potential for a call
18. Justice Smokers: Potential for a call
19. Pops Que: Pops is pops. He may get a call...but 10th place is his ceiling.
20. Second Star BBQ: Potential for a call
21. Q Crew
22. Cowboy Cuisine BBQ
23. Blue Ribbon Smokers
24. Lawhorn's Signature Seasonings
25. Whos Cooking BBQ
26. No Secrets Bar B Que
27. United Pork Smokers
28. Hog Jims
29. Bar-B-Que This
30. PJs BBQ
31. Pharter Starters BBQ Team
32. Smokin' Stuff
33. Sweet Smoke Q
34. Smokin N the boys room
35. Oink 2 Tail
36. ShantyTown BBQ
37. Zoo-wee Mama
38. Polk County Smoke
39. Two Crackers Cooking

Is there an interest for a lot of comps to do this...including KCBS or is it overkill?

Ron_L
02-16-2011, 08:01 AM
Do you want our list of 10 teams for the trial run in this thread or a new thread or via PM?

Just for fun, I'll put up a bag of Roastin' Ronnie's coffee for the overall winner of the trial run.

Ron_L
02-16-2011, 08:05 AM
Sometimes the computer is too smart...and the turtle thing as well!:-D

Ain't no turtleing (is that a word?) goin' on here! http://www.goofymobile.com/images/Resources/1/ANI969982A.gif

We've been beaten by the best before!

Wait... That's not what I meant.

We've beaten the best before!

:thumb:

ique
02-16-2011, 08:14 AM
One suggestion. Is there a way to get the ranking involved? That is what makes brackets the most fun in my opinion is getting extra points when you can pick a dark horse. I mean anyone can pick Cracker to win. How about instead of 10 pts for 1st place etc... You get the Rank Number for the teams that come in the top ten.

If Cracker is in the top 10 you get 1 point

If Florida Boys are in the top 10 you get 8 points

If a selected team wins GC you get bonus (3 x rank)

So if Florida Boys win GC you would get a bonus of (3x8 = 24)

If you don't know about a team...I'll try and give some stuff to introduce them a bit.

Just so we can start to work out the kinks...here is this weeks FBA event in Haines City, FL. It is with 98.4% accuracy that I report the power poll for this upcoming Jack Qualifier in Haines City, FL. A few of the big dogs from FBA comps will not be here for this one, so anybody can truly win (kind of).

For this one...lets do this...you pick 10 teams that you think will make the top 10 overall. Just pick teams that you think will make the top 10 in the order that you think they will finish.

1st place = 10 points
10th place = 1 point

7. Smoke Shack: Not sure if this is the right smoke shack...if it is...they could make noise.
8. Florida Boys : This team has finally got it figured out and have won two GC's in 6 months.
13. Pig In Or Pig Out: Similar to Eb's...they can get a call or two and make some noise.
14. Fatt Ashes: First pro comp...however, beat the biggest backyard field @ 2011 Pigfest
15. Porkin Aint Easy: A great backyard team that is still figuring it out. They'll get a call.
21. Q Crew
22. Cowboy Cuisine BBQ
23. Blue Ribbon Smokers
25. Whos Cooking BBQ
26. No Secrets Bar B Que
27. United Pork Smokers
28. Hog Jims
29. Bar-B-Que This
30. PJs BBQ
32. Smokin' Stuff
33. Sweet Smoke Q
35. Oink 2 Tail
36. ShantyTown BBQ
37. Zoo-wee Mama
38. Polk County Smoke
39. Two Crackers Cooking

Is there an interest for a lot of comps to do this...including KCBS or is it overkill?

smokincracker
02-16-2011, 10:29 AM

1st place = 10 points
10th place = 1 point

21. Q Crew
22. Cowboy Cuisine BBQ
23. Blue Ribbon Smokers
25. Whos Cooking BBQ
26. No Secrets Bar B Que
27. United Pork Smokers
28. Hog Jims
29. Bar-B-Que This
30. PJs BBQ
32. Smokin' Stuff
33. Sweet Smoke Q
35. Oink 2 Tail
36. ShantyTown BBQ
37. Zoo-wee Mama
38. Polk County Smoke
39. Two Crackers Cooking

OOOOMAN Buddie don't put that spoooooky dust on me....**** been knockin on wood for last 5 min..crapcrapcrap...:)

WhiskeyBentBBQ
02-16-2011, 10:31 AM
Below is my top 10 for The Haines City, FL FBA event is weekend. There is some risk in being the first to draw but what the heck...

1. Smokin' Cracker BBQ Team
2. Unknown BBQ
3. Git R Smoked
4. Whiskey Bent BBQ
5. Big Papa's Country Kitchen
6. Uncle Kenny's
7. Florida Boys
8. Hot Wachulas
9. Fatt Ashes
10. Porkin Aint Easy

Since we are cooking this event, we will try to get the results up as soon as awards is over so the "Swami" can declare the pick'em winner as soon as possible.

WhiskeyBentBBQ
02-16-2011, 10:33 AM
OOOOMAN Buddie don't put that spoooooky dust on me....**** been knockin on wood for last 5 min..crapcrapcrap...:)

Don't be so modest Jimmy! You know you have been rock solid lately. Vegas has you going off as the 6:1 favorite to GC this thing.

musicmanryann
02-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Don't be so modest Jimmy! You know you have been rock solid lately. Vegas has you going off as the 6:1 favorite to GC this thing.

And where do you get these Vegas Odds? :becky:

smokincracker
02-16-2011, 10:52 AM
My best guess, being that I have finished a 1st looser 3rd overall 4 out of my last 6 contests...I'm going to go with the mojo.

1. Unknown (Creeping in and out all depends on the bev consumption)
2. Big Papa (A stud! we can only hope his old lady will get him distracted)
3. Smokin Crack (3rd place wonder muffin)
4. Whisky Bent (Chicken will be walking for sure)
5. FL Boys (Old Farts with a new lease on life watch out)
6. Get R Smoked (The ultimate suck-up has about got it figured out again)
7. Great Lake BBQ (Someone un-plug this guys cooker please cause he’s a walkin)
8. Hot Wauchula (one man show let it rip in Winter Haven wauchula out)
9. Uncle Kenny (I just hope someone pisses in his cool-aid and gets him riled up)
10. Pops Que (If he’s on the Viagra this weekend we are all in trouble)

Should this be a separate thread?

Rub
02-16-2011, 11:45 AM
1. Git R Smoked - won it last year, goes to bed by 8pm, how can he lose?
2. Smokin' Cracker - RIGHT behind GRS, less than a point
3. Unknown BBQ - Papa Clark will carry them with chicken
4. Whiskey Bent BBQ - Big party Fri. night, Dan saves the day
5. Big Papa's Country Kitchen - Dana still has a RGC hangover
6. Uncle Kenny's - the sauce is the boss
7. Great Lake BBQ & Feed Co - Ford is dialing in the FBA
8. Florida Boys - Still scoring TOTY points
9. Accutech BBQ - Q School Grads are going places
10. Hot Wachula - If he can show up on time, look out

goodbuddiesbbq
02-16-2011, 12:15 PM
Do you want our list of 10 teams for the trial run in this thread or a new thread or via PM?

Just for fun, I'll put up a bag of Roastin' Ronnie's coffee for the overall winner of the trial run.

Just throw it up here for now.

Roastin Ronnie is on the board...who has had his stuff?

goodbuddiesbbq
02-16-2011, 12:19 PM
[QUOTE=ique;1550999]One suggestion. Is there a way to get the ranking involved? That is what makes brackets the most fun in my opinion is getting extra points when you can pick a dark horse. I mean anyone can pick Cracker to win. How about instead of 10 pts for 1st place etc... You get the Rank Number for the teams that come in the top ten.

Correct...If you pick Whiskey Bent (2 seed) to come in the top 10, you get 2 points. If you rank them as GC...you get 2x3 for a total of six. Chris has the right idea...If you pick Accutech to walk and they get a call...you get their rank as points (I think they were 17th or 17 points).

If you actually get the Grand Champ right...you get 3 x their rank
If you actually get the Reserve Grand Champ right...you get 2 x their rank

That should separate it out.

Does that sound better?

Chris...PM your phone number so that we can talk about some details.

chromesporty
02-16-2011, 12:19 PM
Here's mine:

1. Whiskey Bent BBQ: Could have won last two events if chicken hit a good table
2. Big Papa's Country Kitchen: Last weeks RGC and 2010 FBA Team of the Year
3. Smokin' Cracker BBQ Team: Helped cook a GC last week...brisket is on fire!
4. Florida Boys : This team has finally got it figured out and have won two GC's in 6 months.
5. Great Lake BBQ & Feed Co.: Did you take Butchers/Plowboys class in Michigan?
6. Hot Wachulas: Ribs on...can he get the other categories to catch up?
7. Uncle Kenny's: If the judges like his sauce this weekend...it's on!
8. Smoke Shack: Not sure if this is the right smoke shack...if it is...they could make noise.
9. Git R Smoked: Very solid. One of the best chicken cooks in the world.
10. Unknown BBQ: Always a contender and the Winter Haven hangover is gone.

goodbuddiesbbq
02-16-2011, 12:28 PM
And where do you get these Vegas Odds? :becky:

www.vegasbbqodds.edu (http://www.vegasbbqodds.edu)

or call them

863-221-8144 and ask for last second trends.

Here's a hot tip that I just got from them: Whiskey Bent is courting a new team member this weekend, but two team members (prep & presentation man Jared "The Dealer" Hatcher and Temperature, taste, presentation, & general disregarder of time man - The BBQ Swami will not be there).

The Swami's brother gets the 10 day contract. Will Chad kill him by the end of the weekend or did they just sign a great new addition.

musicmanryann
02-16-2011, 12:35 PM

or call them

Here's a hot tip that I just got from them: Whiskey Bent is courting a new team member this weekend, but two team members (prep & presentation man Jared "The Dealer" Hatcher and Temperature, taste, presentation, & general disregarder of time man - The BBQ Swami will not be there).

The Swami's brother gets the 10 day contract. Will Chad kill him by the end of the weekend or did they just sign a great new addition.

Now that's just some funny chit right there! I knew it was a joke, but I'm surprised the link didn't take me to a YouTube video of Rick Astley's, "Never Gonna Give You Up". LMAO! You are pwning this thread good sir! :laugh:

goodbuddiesbbq
02-16-2011, 01:25 PM
9. Accutech BBQ - Q School Grads are going places

Interesting!!! Noted!

goodbuddiesbbq
02-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Now that's just some funny chit right there! I knew it was a joke, but I'm surprised the link didn't take me to a YouTube video of Rick Astley's, "Never Gonna Give You Up". LMAO! You are pwning this thread good sir! :laugh:

When I get a bigger operating budget...I am going to sign you to be a writer for me...should have thought of that.

bigdogphin
02-16-2011, 01:27 PM
This is cool...Its also a good way to follow some teams that aren't in my neck of the woods.

1. Big Papa's
2. Florida Boys
3. Smokin Cracker
4. Get R Smoked
5. Whiskey Bent
6. Fatt ashes
7. Great Lake
8. Unknown
9. Uncle Kenny's
10. Hot Watchulas

goodbuddiesbbq
02-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Here you go...exactly the event that nobody ever asked for! This is with 95.5% accuracy that we are proud to call Marietta, GA.

This one pits a couple of BBQ Giants, some of the best teams on the verge of being exceptional and some up and coming talent. With the stage set...in Bub-Ba-Q's backyard...can he win.

Look out for Mrs. T's!!!

1. Cool Smoke

2. Smoky Mountain Smokers
3. Que,n Stew'n & Brew'n
4. Bub-Ba-Q
5. BigMo From AHO
6. Munchee's Smokehouse
7. Mrs. T's BBQ
8. Wicked Que
9. Pit Bulls "Up In Smoke"
10. Team Top Chick
11. BareKnuckles BBQ
12. Adam's Rib
13. Kudzu Q
14. EB's Bar-B-Que
15. Sauced! BBQ
16. Deep South BBQ
17. Johnny Mitchell's Smokehouse
18. Right On Que
19. Southern Touch BBQ
20. Pig in a Poke BBQ
21. Sweet Smoke
22. Wicked Que Atlanta
23. The Ash Holes
24. Carpet Capitol BBQ
25. Go For Smoke BBQ
26. Jo Jo's BBQ
27. Ribs and Cribz
28. molloy boys bbq
29. Big John and The Lil Rascal
30. Black Gold BBQ

Don't hate me.:-P

WhiskeyBentBBQ
02-16-2011, 02:18 PM
Here's mine:

1. Whiskey Bent BBQ: Could have won last two events if chicken hit a good table
4. Florida Boys : This team has finally got it figured out and have won two GC's in 6 months.
5. Great Lake BBQ & Feed Co.: Did you take Butchers/Plowboys class in Michigan?
7. Uncle Kenny's: If the judges like his sauce this weekend...it's on!
8. Smoke Shack: Not sure if this is the right smoke shack...if it is...they could make noise.
9. Git R Smoked: Very solid. One of the best chicken cooks in the world.
10. Unknown BBQ: Always a contender and the Winter Haven hangover is gone.

I like the way you are thinking!

WhiskeyBentBBQ
02-16-2011, 02:23 PM

or call them

Negative on the 10 day contract with The Swami's brother. It is a 48 hour contract. If he doesn't pan out, Rub will have a new dishwasher for his next comp. Sorry Woody!

Ford
02-16-2011, 02:28 PM
Any cook who doesn't pick themselves first is just plain lying. So having said that I just hope the recent nuptials won't mess up my game too much. I also think we'll have a top 10 upset just don't know the other teams well enough yet to handicap them.

1. Great Lake BBQ & Feed Co.: Did you take Butchers/Plowboys class in Michigan? Nope - been here in FL all the time. I'm a Davis/Trigg/Grey/Lampe/Kirk/Rice graduate anyway.
5. Whiskey Bent BBQ: Could have won last two events if chicken hit a good table
7. Florida Boys : This team has finally got it figured out and have won two GC's in 6 months.
8. Git R Smoked: Very solid. One of the best chicken cooks in the world.
9. Eb's Pit Stop BBQ: Seasoned pro..can hit high and low.
10. Pig In Or Pig Out: Similar to Eb's...they can get a call or two and make some noise.

huminie
02-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Here you go...exactly the event that nobody ever asked for! This is with 95.5% accuracy that we are proud to call Marietta, GA.

This one pits a couple of BBQ Giants, some of the best teams on the verge of being exceptional and some up and coming talent. With the stage set...in Bub-Ba-Q's backyard...can he win.

Look out for Mrs. T's!!!

1. Cool Smoke

3. Que,n Stew'n & Brew'n
4. Bub-Ba-Q
5. BigMo From AHO
6. Munchee's Smokehouse
7. Mrs. T's BBQ
8. Wicked Que
10. Team Top Chick
11. BareKnuckles BBQ
12. Adam's Rib
13. Kudzu Q
14. EB's Bar-B-Que
15. Sauced! BBQ
16. Deep South BBQ
18. Right On Que
19. Southern Touch BBQ
20. Pig in a Poke BBQ
21. Sweet Smoke
22. Wicked Que Atlanta
23. The Ash Holes
24. Carpet Capitol BBQ
25. Go For Smoke BBQ
26. Jo Jo's BBQ
27. Ribs and Cribz
28. molloy boys bbq
30. Black Gold BBQ

You have a major error in this one...But I will just put that info in my back pocket. :tape:

Bigmista
02-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Here is my guess. And it is a guess.

3. Unknown BBQ: Always a contender and the Winter Haven hangover is gone.
4. Great Lake BBQ & Feed Co.: Did you take Butchers/Plowboys class in Michigan?
6. Big Papa's Country Kitchen: Last weeks RGC and 2010 FBA Team of the Year
7. Florida Boys : This team has finally got it figured out and have won two GC's in 6 months.
8. Boca BBQ: Hot and cold...Boca could be a top 10 or a 25th overall team.
9. Hot Wachulas: Ribs on...can he get the other categories to catch up?
10. Accutech BBQ

goodbuddiesbbq
02-16-2011, 03:16 PM
You have a major error in this one...But I will just put that info in my back pocket. :tape:

It is the law!

huminie
02-16-2011, 03:24 PM
Ok, error might be too strong of a word...oversight is probably a better term. There is a "new" team, that really isn't that new.

Rich Parker
02-16-2011, 04:21 PM
I am in for the practice run I have went long enough without Roastin' Ronnie's coffee. I have no idea who 99% of these teams are but my Alienware super computer is telling me based on the statistics that this is your top ten.

1. Florida Boys
2. Unknown BBQ
3. Big Papa's Country Kitchen
4. Great Lake BBQ & Feed Co.
5. Git R Smoked
6. Eb's Pit Stop BBQ
7. Smoke Shack
8. Smokin' Cracker BBQ Team
9. Boca BBQ
10. Fatt Ashes

I wonder where Whiskey Bent BBQ is??

WhiskeyBentBBQ
02-16-2011, 04:51 PM
I am in for the practice run I have went long enough without Roastin' Ronnie's coffee. I have no idea who 99% of these teams are but my Alienware super computer is telling me based on the statistics that this is your top ten.

1. Florida Boys
2. Unknown BBQ
3. Big Papa's Country Kitchen
4. Great Lake BBQ & Feed Co.
5. Git R Smoked
6. Eb's Pit Stop BBQ
7. Smoke Shack
8. Smokin' Cracker BBQ Team
9. Boca BBQ
10. Fatt Ashes

I wonder where Whiskey Bent BBQ is??

I think you probably have us going off 17th. You must have looked our results from that event last year!

Ron_L
02-16-2011, 05:49 PM
OK... I went old school for this one. I have consulted the Farmer's Almanac, studied the Wooly Worm Caterpillar and the migration patterns of the Yellow Perch in Lake Michigan and have come up with the following...

1. Big Papa's Country Kitchen: So close last week. They want it bad.
2. Smokin' Cracker BBQ Team: Jimmy is a good cook, and he's going to make this one very close.
3. Unknown BBQ: These guys are just Unknown to me :-D
4. Whiskey Bent BBQ: Having a new team member may cause some confusion
5. Git R Smoked: The Wooly Worms predicted a first place in Chicken
6. Great Lake BBQ & Feed Co.: A Northern boy moving up in the ranks in Florida
7. Smoke Shack: Smoke Shack or Love Shack?
8. Florida Boys : Just a SWAG :-D
9. Hot Wachulas: I just like the name.
10. Fatt Ashes: The new guys get their first top 10.

Please note: No Wooly Worms or Yellow Perch were harmed in the making of this list.

WhiskeyBentBBQ
02-16-2011, 06:12 PM
OK... I went old school for this one. I have consulted the Farmer's Almanac, studied the Wooly Worm Caterpillar and the migration patterns of the Yellow Perch in Lake Michigan and have come up with the following...

1. Big Papa's Country Kitchen: So close last week. They want it bad.
2. Smokin' Cracker BBQ Team: Jimmy is a good cook, and he's going to make this one very close.
3. Unknown BBQ: These guys are just Unknown to me :-D
4. Whiskey Bent BBQ: Having a new team member may cause some confusion
5. Git R Smoked: The Wooly Worms predicted a first place in Chicken
6. Great Lake BBQ & Feed Co.: A Northern boy moving up in the ranks in Florida
7. Smoke Shack: Smoke Shack or Love Shack?
8. Florida Boys : Just a SWAG :-D
9. Hot Wachulas: I just like the name.
10. Fatt Ashes: The new guys get their first top 10.

Please note: No Wooly Worms or Yellow Perch were harmed in the making of this list.

I like your handicapping sources Ron. Sometimes we get too technical.

Sauced!
02-16-2011, 06:46 PM

Look out for Mrs. T's!!!

1. Cool Smoke

3. Que,n Stew'n & Brew'n
4. Bub-Ba-Q
5. BigMo From AHO
6. Munchee's Smokehouse
7. Mrs. T's BBQ
8. Wicked Que
10. Team Top Chick
11. BareKnuckles BBQ
12. Adam's Rib
13. Kudzu Q
14. EB's Bar-B-Que
15. Sauced! BBQ
16. Deep South BBQ
18. Right On Que
19. Southern Touch BBQ
20. Pig in a Poke BBQ
21. Sweet Smoke
22. Wicked Que Atlanta
23. The Ash Holes
24. Carpet Capitol BBQ
25. Go For Smoke BBQ
26. Jo Jo's BBQ
27. Ribs and Cribz
28. molloy boys bbq
30. Black Gold BBQ

I asked my wife where she thought we would be ranked and she said 15. Your computer and her are on the same wavelength. I hope we can change that come contest time....lol

Can't wait!

Rich Parker
02-16-2011, 06:48 PM
I think you probably have us going off 17th. You must have looked our results from that event last year!

That would have been smart but no, I actually was moving you and Ford the only two teams i recognize and forgot to put your name back. I had you planned for 5th. Good luck! :thumb:

SirPorkaLot
02-16-2011, 07:07 PM
Region 5 list ?

WhiskeyBentBBQ
02-16-2011, 07:55 PM
That would have been smart but no, I actually was moving you and Ford the only two teams i recognize and forgot to put your name back. I had you planned for 5th. Good luck! :thumb:

Haha! That does make me feel better about it. Thanks for the well wishes.

goodbuddiesbbq
02-17-2011, 06:21 AM
I asked my wife where she thought we would be ranked and she said 15. Your computer and her are on the same wavelength. I hope we can change that come contest time....lol

Can't wait!

We only hire wives...they always know.:thumb:

goodbuddiesbbq
02-17-2011, 11:27 AM
The lineup.

21. Q Crew
22. Cowboy Cuisine BBQ
23. Blue Ribbon Smokers
25. Whos Cooking BBQ
26. No Secrets Bar B Que
27. United Pork Smokers
28. Hog Jims
29. Bar-B-Que This
30. PJs BBQ
32. Smokin' Stuff
33. Sweet Smoke Q
35. Oink 2 Tail
36. ShantyTown BBQ
37. Zoo-wee Mama
38. Polk County Smoke
39. Two Crackers Cooking

goodbuddiesbbq
02-17-2011, 11:31 AM
Get ready...

Jeff_in_KC
02-17-2011, 09:31 PM
Sorry if I missed it in the thread but have you decided how you'll collect selections once the Sam's Club deal actually begins?

Bentley
02-17-2011, 11:27 PM
Well, since I know none of these teams either, lets just see how good this Binford 6000 computer is...Had to make one change...Any team that has my nickname in it has to be ranked 1st!

1. Whiskey Bent BBQ.
2. Smokin' Cracker BBQ Team.
3. Big Papa's Country Kitchen.
4. Unknown BBQ.
5. Git R Smoked.
6. Uncle Kenny's
7. Smoke Shack.
8. Florida Boys.
9. Great Lake BBQ & Feed Co.
10. Blitzkrieg BBQ.

I agree with Ford's comments...:bow:

QueNivorous
02-18-2011, 04:30 PM
Can someone tell me where to find all of the brackets power polls? I have only found five or six of them.

Crash
02-19-2011, 03:08 AM
I know nothing either, so here goes.

1) Unknown BBQ
2) Big Poppas Country Kitchen
3) Whiskey Bent
4) Git R Smoked
5) Florida Boys
6) Smokin Cracker BBQ
7) Blitzkreig BBQ
8 ) Great Lakes BBQ and Feed Co.
9) Pig in Pig Out
10) Porkin' Aint Easy

Best of luck to all of the teams!

Smokin' Bad Habit
02-19-2011, 06:55 AM
so is this the thred where we submit our picks for the first round?

Ron_L
02-19-2011, 07:30 AM
so is this the thred where we submit our picks for the first round?

Not yet. GoodbuddiesBBQ will re-seed everyone and publish the rankings as we get closer to the first competitions.

HarleyEarl
02-19-2011, 07:47 AM
Great! Can't wait. This should be fun.

Capn Kev
02-19-2011, 10:10 AM
Based upon the current 25 entries into Loveland, CO here is my projected top 10...

1 Pellet Envy (Perennial TOY contender)
2 Burnin' Bobs Butts n Bones (3 GCs in 18 comps in 2010)
3 The Smoking Hills (Strong performer all of 2010)
4 Smoke N the Rockies (RGC in Loveland last year)
5 R & R BBQ (Top 5 in 5 of last 6 events)
6 2 Lil Macs (5 comps total including the Jack under his belt)
7 Chibi-Q (Two 3rd place finishes in big events last year)
8 Wild Hogs BBQ (Easily could finish better, tough to predict)
9 Mean Dean's Smoking Machine (3rd out of 65 in Frisco, CO last year)
10 GQue (Newer team, Pellet Envy Protégé)

2 Lil Macs could be a sleeper and take the whole thing. He's only competed 5 times, and made it to the Jack last year. He has a GC, plus RGC in his first 5 comps, and finished 12th at Winter Q last week. Chibi-Q could be a sleeper pick too. He came on strong last year, and this contest is in his backyard. R & R also finished strong last year, finishing in the Top 5 in five out of their last six contests. Tough one to call, and obviously I have to give the edge to Pellet Envy. However, anyone of these top 10 could walk away with a GC depending upon how they cook that day. GQue is new, but took a Pellet Envy class mid-year in 2010. After that, he had two top 10 finishes to close out the year.

Enjoy! ...and good luck to all the teams competing! :thumb:

goodbuddiesbbq
02-19-2011, 05:26 PM
10th - Justice Smokers
9th - Big Poppas Country Kitchen
8th - BBQ This
7th - Southern Style
6th - Team Unknown
5th - Uncle Kenny
4th - Whiskey Bent
3rd - Smokin Cracker
2nd - Hot Wauchula
1st - Git - R - Smoked

LOOKS LIKE RUB MIGHT BE THE EARLY FAVORITE.

goodbuddiesbbq
02-19-2011, 06:11 PM
Swamp boys 42 points
whiskey bent 32 points
smokin cracker 32 points
chromesporty 32 points
bigdogphin 32 points
ford 26 points
bigmista 26 points
ron l 26 points
bentley 21 points
crash 15 points
rich parker 13 points

rub...give ron l. (roastin ronnie) your address.

With that being said...the scoring is a bit close...not enough separation...what are some suggestions to spread it out more?

Congrats rub.

Thanks roastin ronnie (ron l) pm me your phone number about your coffee...ive got a couple of restaurants where i am looking for some type flight stuff.

Rich Parker
02-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Congratulations Rub and all who heard their name!

Red Valley BBQ
02-19-2011, 07:01 PM
With that being said...the scoring is a bit close...not enough separation...what are some suggestions to spread it out more?

Picking the GC could be worth an extra 10 points and RGC an extra 5. Over the course of 20 events this would cause some separation. I also think going back to your original points system of the seeding of the team is the amount of points you earn (14th seed makes top 10 = 14pts) would make a big difference as well.

Muzzlebrake
02-19-2011, 07:21 PM
OK so Im confused, I thought this was about the Sam's Club contests........:confused:

Red Valley BBQ
02-19-2011, 07:43 PM
OK so Im confused, I thought this was about the Sam's Club contests........:confused:

I'm pretty sure this was just practice to get everybody on the same page and work out the kinks of the BBQ Fantasy Pick'em.

GQue
02-20-2011, 01:22 AM
Based upon the current 25 entries into Loveland, CO here is my projected top 10...

2 Lil Macs could be a sleeper and take the whole thing. He's only competed 5 times, and made it to the Jack last year. He has a GC, plus RGC in his first 5 comps, and finished 12th at Winter Q last week. Chibi-Q could be a sleeper pick too. He came on strong last year, and this contest is in his backyard. R & R also finished strong last year, finishing in the Top 5 in five out of their last six contests. Tough one to call, and obviously I have to give the edge to Pellet Envy. However, anyone of these top 10 could walk away with a GC depending upon how they cook that day. GQue is new, but took a Pellet Envy class mid-year in 2010. After that, he had two top 10 finishes to close out the year.

Hey Kev - Nice recap! Nice to see someone take a stab at loveland. You left a team off that should finish in the top 10 their name rhymes with limestone towelboys:cool:

Jeff_in_KC
02-20-2011, 01:46 AM

Maybe add one more wrinkle but when you add up ALL of the regionals, I imagine things will come out in the wash just fine.

goodbuddiesbbq
02-20-2011, 08:14 AM
Maybe add one more wrinkle but when you add up ALL of the regionals, I imagine things will come out in the wash just fine.

I agree...I think 26 events will spread it out just fine. As soon as all of the events are closed and team locks I will put out a ranking. When we get within 1 week of the event, I'll put out a final bracket.

The FBA event this weekend was just a tuneup for the Sams Club Event.

Ron_L
02-20-2011, 08:17 AM
Congrats, Rub! Send me your mailing address and I'll send a bag of Roastin' Ronnie's coffee your way when I roast next.

Capn Kev
02-20-2011, 08:43 AM
Hey Kev - Nice recap! Nice to see someone take a stab at loveland. You left a team off that should finish in the top 10 their name rhymes with limestone towelboys:cool:

Haa! We won't be competing at Loveland brother ;) I didn't want to take the chance of having to haul my trailer up and down the mountains to get to Vegas :doh:

I may come up there on that Sunday to watch the awards.

Good luck!

smokincracker
02-20-2011, 10:07 AM
good call Ruuuuub

smokincracker
02-20-2011, 10:10 AM
My best guess, being that I have finished a 1st looser 3rd overall 4 out of my last 6 contests...I'm going to go with the mojo.

1. Unknown (Creeping in and out all depends on the bev consumption)
2. Big Papa (A stud! we can only hope his old lady will get him distracted)
3. Smokin Crack (3rd place wonder muffin)
4. Whisky Bent (Chicken will be walking for sure)
5. FL Boys (Old Farts with a new lease on life watch out)
6. Get R Smoked (The ultimate suck-up has about got it figured out again)
7. Great Lake BBQ (Someone un-plug this guys cooker please cause he’s a walkin)
8. Hot Wauchula (one man show let it rip in Winter Haven wauchula out)
9. Uncle Kenny (I just hope someone pisses in his cool-aid and gets him riled up)
10. Pops Que (If he’s on the Viagra this weekend we are all in trouble)

Should this be a separate thread?

So I told you guys I had a lock on first looooooooser freeeekin third place again.....and Whisky Bent with redempt in Brisket with a signed dollar.....

Rub
02-20-2011, 12:40 PM
Congrats, Rub! Send me your mailing address and I'll send a bag of Roastin' Ronnie's coffee your way when I roast next.
Sweet, I may have found my new niche. I'd like to thank the Academy, and Thanks Ron!

goodbuddiesbbq
02-21-2011, 01:21 PM
It appears that all of the events are going to fill up today...the lone exception being possibly New Mexico. Give me a couple of days to compile these and I will lay it out by region (1-30).

Let the first draft serve as a rough copy until we get within 7 days out of the event and I'll update it so that we can put out our predictions.

Good luck...just as a test run...I am going to try and do the KCBS event this week in Arizona.

If there is anybody that is interested...this one should be spread out a bit more as there are a lot more teams.

ique
02-21-2011, 01:26 PM
It appears that all of the events are going to fill up today...the lone exception being possibly New Mexico. Give me a couple of days to compile these and I will lay it out by region (1-30).

Let the first draft serve as a rough copy until we get within 7 days out of the event and I'll update it so that we can put out our predictions.

Good luck...just as a test run...I am going to try and do the KCBS event this week in Arizona.

If there is anybody that is interested...this one should be spread out a bit more as there are a lot more teams.

I havent followed along with the whole thread... where are you at with the scoring system?

glenntm
02-21-2011, 01:37 PM

Get the old computer fired up and and see how it fairs for Lake Havasu this weekend.

goodbuddiesbbq
02-21-2011, 02:24 PM
No donations for this one...but probably good practice for the Sams Event.

Top 10 picks only

This one is a huge field with a few of the very heavy hitters, a couple of teams that can make some noise & a few teams that are on the verge of taking down their first ever championship.

With a field of 83 teams...i'm predicting a big dog will win...but do not be surprised to see a few "who the hell's" mixed in those names. There is some real value after the top 5 teams.

3 x points if you hit the winner
2 x points if you hit the reserve

As they say in Texas: Woot...ay esta! And Jonny Rotesserie is in it...this one could get out of control???

1. 4 Legs Up BBQ
2. Swine Assassins
3. Pellet Envy
4. Rhythm ‘n Que
5. Sweet Peppers
6. McFrankenboo BBQ
7. Slap Yo Daddy BBQ
8. Left Coast Q
9. Brazen BBQ
10. Big Poppa Smokers
11. All Hogs go to Heaven
12. Jay Willies Whiskey Pit BBQ
13. Smoke N the Rockies
14. Smokin’ Triggers
15. Dry 2 da Bone
16. Piggy D’s BBQ
17. Backdraft BBQ, CO.
18. Smoked to the Bone
19. Tropical Heat BBQ
20. R & R BBQ
21. Sin City Smokers
22. Route 66 Catering Crew
23. Loot N’ Booty BBQ
24. Whiskey Ranch
25. When Pigs Fly
26. Little Miss BBQ
27. Steel City BBQ
28. Smokin’ S’Wine
29. BBQ Magic
30. Grills Gone Wild
31. Pork U BBQ
32. Porketeers
33. White Oak Creek Smokers
34. Sauce Goddess Competition Q Team
35. Bowling Over Pigs
36. Smoke Slayer
37. Meat, Inc.
38. Smokey Bones BBQ
39. One Smoke Over the Line
40. I.A.B. 30 BBQ
41. Smokin Goatheads
42. Woodhouse Barbecue
43. Aztec BBQ
44. Smoke’n Bones
45. Coalz BBQ
46. Pit-n-Pits BBQ Team
47. Trailhound Smokers BBQ
48. Papa’s Smokehouse BBQ
49. Mua BBQ & Co.
50. Casper Mountain BBQ
51. Front Range BBQ Boys
52. Southern Heat BBQ
53. Satisfied Hogs
54. Ranch 13 BBQ
55. Otis And The Bird
56. Jo-Bawb’s BBQ
57. Who’s Laughing Now BBQ
58. Daddy O’s Smokin’ BBQ
59. Smokin Envy BBQ
60. Montana Bar BQ
61. Smokin Dead Meat
62. Pete’s Firehouse BBQ
63. BBQ Junkie
64. The Arizona Kid
65. The Smoking B.A.R
66. Big O’s BBQ
67. Big Rack BBQ
68. Addicted to Smokin
69. BBQPHX
70. Susie’s Q Southern BBQ
71. Pork Butt Pirates
72. Desert Ridge Pitmasters
73. Knock UR Sox Off BBQ
74. Butcher’s Daughter BBQ
75. Pullin’ DA Bone
76. The Cowboy Way BBQ
77. Two Smokin’ Guys
78. Jonny Rotisserie
79. Butthead BBQ
80. The Cowboy and The Rose
81. Smokin in Mesquite
82. Rub N Que Daddy
83. T-Bone’s Famous

goodbuddiesbbq
02-21-2011, 02:29 PM
I havent followed along with the whole thread... where are you at with the scoring system?

1. We will pick the amount of teams that will "move on" from each location. For example...region 1: Pick 7 teams

2. If a team that you picked moves on to the Regionals, you will get the amount of points that they were seeded (1st seed = 1 point, 15th seed = 15 points).

3. Rank them in order...if the team that you thought would win - does...you get a x3 bonus. If the team that you think will take reserve does...you get a x2 bonus. Therefore, if IQue wins it would be 1 (seed) x 3 for a total of 3 points. A 15th seed wins, it would be 45 points. It is worth taking a few fliers.

4. We will add up all of the points from each location and reward. We will add up the points from all 20 locations and reward.

4 smokin butts
02-21-2011, 02:44 PM
can you postall regions pics in one post

goodbuddiesbbq
02-21-2011, 05:26 PM
can you postall regions pics in one post

Yes.

Ron_L
02-21-2011, 05:41 PM
1. Rhythm ‘n Que
2. Pellet Envy
3. 4 LegsUp BBQ
4. Slap Yo Daddy BBQ
5. McFrankenboo BBQ
6. Swine Assassins
7. Smokin’ Triggers
8. Sweet Peppers
9. All Hogs go to Heaven
10. Left Coast Q

Rub
02-21-2011, 05:54 PM
Now it's us FL guys turn to take a shot in the dark. Good luck to everyone and I hope I haven't dissed anyone here. :confused:

1. Sweet Peppers
2. Pellet Envy
3. Rhythm ‘n Que
4. 4 Legs Up BBQ
5. Slap Yo Daddy BBQ
6. Swine Assassins
7. Smokin’ Triggers
8. All Hogs go to Heaven
9. Dry 2 da Bone
10. McFrankenboo BBQ

bbally
02-21-2011, 06:09 PM

I love being an outlier!

bbally
02-21-2011, 06:16 PM
Now it's us FL guys turn to take a shot in the dark. Good luck to everyone and I hope I haven't dissed anyone here. :confused:

1. Sweet Peppers
2. Pellet Envy
3. Rhythm ‘n Que
4. 4 Legs Up BBQ
5. Slap Yo Daddy BBQ
6. Swine Assassins
7. Smokin’ Triggers
8. All Hogs go to Heaven
9. Dry 2 da Bone
10. McFrankenboo BBQ

An outlier again!

Rich Parker
02-21-2011, 06:16 PM
1. Slap Yo Daddy BBQ
2. Sweet Peppers
3. Rhythm 'n Que
4. Smokin' Triggers
5. Big Poppa Smokers
6. Pellet Envy
7. 4 Legs Up BBQ
8. Swine Assassins
9. Route 55 Catering Crew
10. The Arizona Kid

Rub
02-21-2011, 06:18 PM
An outlier again!
Whatchur team name?

bigdogphin
02-21-2011, 06:20 PM
This is fun! A lot of good team out of the top 10.

1. Rhythm n Que
2. 4 Legs up
3. Pellet Envy
4. Sweet Peppers
5. Swine Assasins
6. Slap yo Daddy
7. All Hogs go to Heaven
8. Smokin Triggers
9. Piggy D's
10. Mcfrankenboo BBQ

Capn Kev
02-21-2011, 06:26 PM
My predictions...

1. Rhythm ‘n Que
2. Swine Assassins
3. Pellet Envy
4. Sweet Peppers
5. 4 Legs Up BBQ
6. Slap Yo Daddy BBQ
7. McFrankenboo BBQ
8. R & R BBQ
9. Smokin’ Triggers
10. Left Coast Q

WhiskeyBentBBQ
02-21-2011, 06:40 PM
I am willing to throw in a Whiskey Bent BBQ T-shirt in for the winner of this exercise. Has to be between Medium and 3xl though.

1. Slap Yo Daddy
2. Left Coast Q
3. Pellet Envy
4. Swine Assassins
5. 4 Legs Up BBQ
6. Rhythm & Que
7. Sweet Peppers
8. Smokin' Triggers
9. Whiskey Ranch
10. Jay Willie's Whiskey Pit BBQ

Yes, I did put both "Whiskey" teams in the top 10. :)

Red Valley BBQ
02-21-2011, 06:42 PM
GC. Smokin’ Triggers
RGC. Pellet Envy
3. Rhythm ‘n Que
4. Swine Assassins
5. 4 Legs Up BBQ
6. Big Poppa Smokers
7. Slap Yo Daddy BBQ
8. Smoked to the Bone
9. Left Coast Q
10. Backdraft BBQ, CO

riblette
02-21-2011, 06:48 PM
I'm new were..but I'll give it a shot:

1. Rhythm ‘n Que
2. Pellet Envy
3. Slap Yo Daddy BBQ
4. Otis And The Bird
5. Big O’s BBQ
6. Smokin’ Triggers
7. All Hogs go to Heaven
8. I.A.B. 30 BBQ
9. Left Coast Q
10. Brazen BBQ

Cheers,
David
Rolling Bones Traveling BBQ Circus
Folsom, CA

Coz
02-21-2011, 07:55 PM
What no love for the midwest here ?

1 Swine Assassins
2 Pellet Envy
3 Rhythm and Que
4 Sweet Peppers
5 4 legs Up
6 Smokin Triggers
7 Slap yo Daddy
Left Coast Que
9 Big Poppa
10 McFrankenboo

And I need the Tshirt for my collection even its too small.

Pig Headed
02-21-2011, 08:05 PM
1.Rythm n Que
2. Pellet Envy
3. Smokin' Triggers
4.Sweet Peppers
5. Slap Yo Daddy
6. 4 Legs Up
7. Swine Assasins
8. All Hogs go to Heaven
9.Otis & the Bird
10.Left Coast Que

Good luck to all.

Bentley
02-21-2011, 08:09 PM
1. Slap Yo Daddy
2. Brazen BBQ
3. Meat, Inc.
4. Left Coast Q
5. All Hogs Go To Heaven
6. Smoken Triggers
7. When Pigs Fly
8. Route 66 Catering Co.
9. Tropical Heat
10. Otis And The Bird

Why not just throw it out there and have it the way you wish...I am not superstitious...Hope I did not put the kybosh on any of these folks...Sure would like to see one or two finish up here!

And yeah, I picked the teams I like, as good a system as any...

bearnakedbbq
02-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Total WAG (wild ass guess).

All Hogs go to Heaven
Smokin’ Triggers
4 Legs Up BBQ
Pellet Envy
Tropical Heat BBQ
Sweet Peppers
Slap Yo Daddy BBQ
Backdraft BBQ, CO.
When Pigs Fly
Southern Heat BBQ

big brother smoke
02-21-2011, 08:30 PM
1. Slap Yo Daddy
2. R N Q
3. Left Coast Q
4. Pellet ENvy
5. 4 Legs Up
6. Franken BOO
7. Otis and the Bird
8. All Hogs
9. Smokin Triggers
10. Sweet Peppers

Your computer has a virus or overheated, if it calculated Otis and the Bird at #55
Just Saying :laugh:

bbqfun
02-21-2011, 08:48 PM
1. R & Q
2. Slap yo daddy
3. 4 legs up
4. Left Coast Q
5. Brazen
6. Smokin Triggers
7. Swine Assassins
8. Porketeers
9. McFrankenboo
10. All Hogs go to Heaven

Good luck guys and gals. Wish I was gonna be there!

route66
02-21-2011, 09:09 PM
1. Slap Yo Daddy
2. R N Q
3. Left Coast Q
4. Pellet ENvy
5. 4 Legs Up
6. Franken BOO
7. Otis and the Bird
8. All Hogs
9. Smokin Triggers
10. Sweet Peppers

Your computer has a virus or overheated, if it calculated Otis and the Bird at #55
Just Saying :laugh: I'd put Jaybird in the top also!

Fat Woody
02-21-2011, 10:26 PM
After inputting all pertinent data into my dedicated Macintosh II bracket configurator, I have deduced thusly:

01. Rhythm ‘n Que
02. Slap Yo Daddy BBQ
03. 4 Legs Up BBQ
04. Left Coast Q
05. Swine Assassins
06. Sweet Peppers
07. Pellet Envy
08. Sin City Smokers
09. Whiskey Ranch
10. Smokin’ Triggers

Weed 'em and reap, T-shirt size = XXL

Crash
02-22-2011, 12:23 AM
1. 4 Legs Up
2. Rythm 'n Que
3. Pellet Envy
4. Slap Yo Daddy
5. Swine Assasins
6. Route 66 Catering Crew
7. Smoked to the Bone
8. BBQ Magic
9. R&R BBQ
10. Otis and the Bird

smokincracker
02-22-2011, 07:34 AM
OK this is the Cracker's best guess... good luck..
This is a fun drill...Good Idea

1. Burnin' Bobs Butts n Bones
2. Pellet Envy
3. 4 Legs Up BBQ
4. Swine Assassins
5. Sweet Peppers
6. Rhythm ‘n Que
7. Brazen BBQ
8. Slap Yo Daddy BBQ
9. Route 66 Catering Co.
10. Chibi-Q

Bigmista
02-22-2011, 08:12 AM
1. Slap Yo Daddy
2. Pellet Envy
3. Rhythm N Que
4. Smoking Triggers
5. Left Coast Que
6. Big Poppa Smokers
7. Sweet Peppers
8. Whiskey Ranch
9. Otis and the Bird.
10. Tropical Heat

ThomEmery
02-22-2011, 08:28 AM
1. Slap Yo Daddy
2. Pellet Envy
3. Rhythm N Que
4. Smoking Triggers
5. Left Coast Que
6. Big Poppa Smokers
7. Sweet Peppers
8. Whiskey Ranch
9. Otis and the Bird.
10. Tropical Heat
Good picks

Ron_L
02-22-2011, 09:28 AM
I am willing to throw in a Whiskey Bent BBQ T-shirt in for the winner of this exercise. Has to be between Medium and 3xl though.

What! No BBQ Large?? (4XL) :-D I'll be in a 3XL soon enough :thumb:

Ford
02-22-2011, 09:35 AM
After doing so good :sick: in the last one, here's my best guess so you know who not to pick.

1. Pellet Envy
2. Rhythm ‘n Que
3. Smokin’ Triggers
4. 4 Legs Up BBQ
5. Slap Yo Daddy BBQ
6. Swine Assassins
7. All Hogs go to Heaven
8. Left Coast Q
9. Brazen BBQ
10. Otis and the Bird

Scottie
02-22-2011, 09:38 AM
The best of the West will be showing up.

1. Otis and the Bird
2. Pellet envy
3. Rhythm N Que
4. Sweet Peppers
5. McFrankenboo
6. Trigg
7. Swine Assasins
8. Whiskey Ranch
9. 4 Legs Up
10. All Hogs

GQue
02-22-2011, 11:07 AM
1. Slap yo daddy
2. Big Poppa
3. Pellet Envy
4. R & R
5. Franken boo
6. 4 legs up
7. Rythm and Que
8. Smoke n the rockies
9. Smokin Triggers
10. Otis and the bird

Brew-B-Q
02-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Here we go...

1 Brazen BBQ
2 Slap Yo Daddy BBQ
3 Tropical Heat BBQ
4 4 Legs Up BBQ
5 Smokin’ Triggers
6 Swine Assassins
7 Pellet Envy
8 Rhythm ‘n Que
9 Sweet Peppers
10 Otis And The Bird

ique
02-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Picking 10 for an 80 teams contest seems about right.

For the Sams Club it seems like too many picks, at least for the 1st round. Pick 10/30 teams? I think we should change it to pick 5 teams for the 1st round. This forces us to make some tough choices and would probably create more separation in the point totals

BLUECHIP BBQ
02-22-2011, 11:40 AM
pellet envy
rhythm n que
slap yo daddy bbq
smokin' triggers
swine assassins
smoked to the bone
4 legs up bbq
backdraft bbq
when pigs fly
sweet peppers

Bigmista
02-22-2011, 11:58 AM
What no love for the midwest here ?

Not until the west gets love in the midwest. :p

Coz
02-22-2011, 05:11 PM

Hell we think some of ya is just fine. Try being a fickle cheesehead :boxing:

Jeff_in_KC
02-22-2011, 09:40 PM

Neil, I could have sworn Phil gave you a reach around when you were here for the Royal! That was love in the Midwest if I had to call it anything! :becky:

Jeff_in_KC
02-22-2011, 09:42 PM
1. Big Poppa Smokers
2. Pellet Envy
3. 4 Legs Up
4. Rhythm n' Que
5. Smokin Triggers
6. Otis and the Bird
7. Jay Willies Whiskey Pit
8. Slap Yo Daddy
9. Sweet Peppers
10. Big O's

HarleyEarl
02-22-2011, 09:47 PM
1. Pellet Envy
2. Rhythm ‘n Que
3. 4 Legs Up BBQ
4. Swine Assassins
5. Smokin’ Triggers
6. Smoke N the Rockies
7. McFrankenboo BBQ
8. Sweet Peppers
9. Porketeers
10. Brazen BBQ

huminie
02-22-2011, 10:59 PM
Rhythm ‘n Que
Slap Yo Daddy BBQ
Pellet Envy
Sweet Peppers
4 Legs Up BBQ
All Hogs go to Heaven
Big Poppa Smokers
Swine Assassins
McFrankenboo BBQ
Brazen BBQ

Bigmista
02-23-2011, 01:00 AM
Neil, I could have sworn Phil gave you a reach around when you were here for the Royal! That was love in the Midwest if I had to call it anything! :becky:

Actually I gave him the reacharound and he's from the east.

goodbuddiesbbq
02-23-2011, 06:18 AM
Picking 10 for an 80 teams contest seems about right.

For the Sams Club it seems like too many picks, at least for the 1st round. Pick 10/30 teams? I think we should change it to pick 5 teams for the 1st round. This forces us to make some tough choices and would probably create more separation in the point totals

For example...Region 1, 2 & 4 you will pick 7 teams
Region 3 you will pick 6 teams
Region 5 you will pick 10 teams

We are gonna pick exactly how many teams are going to advance from each location. I agree 10 is too many for the first round.

ique
02-23-2011, 08:26 AM
For example...Region 1, 2 & 4 you will pick 7 teams
Region 3 you will pick 6 teams
Region 5 you will pick 10 teams

We are gonna pick exactly how many teams are going to advance from each location. I agree 10 is too many for the first round.

Or just pick 10 for the entire region. Then each "player" would have 5 entries, one for each region. Might be easier to manage. Again I think the key is to have to make tough choices.

Big Ugly's BBQ
02-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Definitely a SWAG.................

1. Pellet Envy
2. Big Poppa Smokers
3. Otis and the Bird
4. McFrankenboo BBQ
5. Slap Yo Daddy BBQ
6. Smokin Triggers
7. Grills Gone Wild
8. Rhythm ‘n Que
9. 4 Legs Up BBQ
10. Swine Assassins

without the "science" of course............:confused:

goodbuddiesbbq
02-23-2011, 12:34 PM
Or just pick 10 for the entire region. Then each "player" would have 5 entries, one for each region. Might be easier to manage. Again I think the key is to have to make tough choices.

It would be easier to manage...what do the people think?

I like the every location...then every region. It is more work, but if it is every region...the same 5 names are probably going to get selected for a lot of regions.

This allows for a lot more separation and interaction.

So the question is:
Option 1: Select X number of teams before the comps start that you think will make it to the regionals. This is more of a quicker version that is easier to follow, but not as much involvement.

or

Option 2: Select X number of teams from all (20 comps). This requires more time and attention from everybody, but gets people interested in all of the results and all of the teams.

Let's hear it from you all.

Thanks to President Obama for appointing me the BBQ Czar.

smknwhlswife
02-23-2011, 01:18 PM

What am I..... chopped liver! :tsk::drama::becky:

Coz
02-23-2011, 03:49 PM

NO WAY ,Come back to Wi we loves ya here. :icon_blush:

Rich Parker
02-23-2011, 04:12 PM
I say since you are running this process it is your call on which option we take because its your time that is spent calculating all of the numbers.

Bigmista
02-23-2011, 04:22 PM

You know that had nothing to do with you! You are definitely the whole liver!

Wait...that didn't come out right...

ique
02-23-2011, 04:30 PM
I say since you are running this process it is your call on which option we take because its your time that is spent calculating all of the numbers.

I agree with this.

I know that I may not take the time to fill out 20 brackets. 5 definitely though.

bigdogphin
02-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Option 2

WhiskeyBentBBQ
02-23-2011, 05:48 PM
It would be easier to manage...what do the people think?

I like the every location...then every region. It is more work, but if it is every region...the same 5 names are probably going to get selected for a lot of regions.

This allows for a lot more separation and interaction.

So the question is:
Option 1: Select X number of teams before the comps start that you think will make it to the regionals. This is more of a quicker version that is easier to follow, but not as much involvement.

or

Option 2: Select X number of teams from all (20 comps). This requires more time and attention from everybody, but gets people interested in all of the results and all of the teams.

Let's hear it from you all.

Thanks to President Obama for appointing me the BBQ Czar.

I say you pick 10 teams per region to move to the regionals out of the local. Picks have to be locked the Friday night of the first regional contest.

Red Valley BBQ
02-23-2011, 06:21 PM
I'm going with option 2.

Big Ugly's BBQ
02-24-2011, 07:39 AM
I like the original idea of picking the qualifer, then picking the region.

But I'm complicated like that............

Anchors Smokeshop
02-24-2011, 08:37 AM
I have to say that I was very interested in this whole idea when it first came about, but due to the indecisiveness and lack of direction, I have almost completely lost interest.
I hope you guys can put something together real soon, or I may not be the only one who loses interest.

riblette
02-24-2011, 10:02 AM
I like option 2, too.

ique
02-24-2011, 11:35 AM
I have to say that I was very interested in this whole idea when it first came about, but due to the indecisiveness and lack of direction, I have almost completely lost interest.
I hope you guys can put something together real soon, or I may not be the only one who loses interest.

There are a variety of people donating time and prizes to this, what are you doing? Complaining.

There is an effort to get the scoring and rules right as that will make the tournament more interesting and fun. If we are not working within your attention span, please don't play.

Ford
02-24-2011, 11:46 AM
option 2 if you want to keep track of it.

Muzzlebrake
02-24-2011, 12:46 PM
I say option 2 if for no other reason than to give Chris more to think about and keep him distracted when he cooks :becky:

ique
02-24-2011, 01:16 PM
1 McFrankenboo BBQ
2 Brazen BBQ
3 Smokin’ Triggers
4 Pellet Envy
5 Dry 2 da Bone
6 Slap Yo Daddy BBQ
7 Sweet Peppers
8 Rhythm ‘n Que
9 4 Legs Up BBQ
10 Woodhouse Barbecue