PDA

View Full Version : ** RESTARTED***Sam's Club BBQ Series/National Championship

Pages : [1] 2 3

musicmanryann
02-02-2011, 12:30 PM
There is now info on the KCBS website about the $400,000 Sams Club BBQ Series.

http://www.kcbs.us/sams-club-series.php

ADMIN EDIT: thread restarted at post #466 after scrubbing.

Capn Kev
02-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Seems to me they should have set KS up with it's own region. From what I saw there was only one contest in KS. It is going to be interesting to see where everyone registers when the window opens on on February 8th.

Jacked UP BBQ
02-02-2011, 12:55 PM
I am def gonna try and get in to this. Looks like a cool deal. See you at the Nationals! hahahaha

JD McGee
02-02-2011, 01:13 PM
Nothing up here in the PNW...AGAIN...crap!

crd26a
02-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Only one contest in KC for possibly the heaviest concentration of teams. They could have had 4 or 5 events w/ KC and Des Moines combined and filled them all. Couple that with the regional Championship being in Fort Worth (8 hr drive) and it leaves me begging the question, how does the KANSAS CITY BS not have a regional qualifier in its own city?

I'll be trying to get into the one in Lenexa, but since I'm in a meeting at 11 Central at registration opening, slim chance I'll make it

The Giggler
02-02-2011, 01:34 PM
And in NYS, with the number of Sams Clubs spread out across the state, they pick the one on Long Island?!?!

Closest on for us is in Pittsburgh - 4 hours. And it conflicts with our local KCBS Contest - Oink....

Pretty cool deal though. If we don't get accepted, it sure will be fun to watch.

AZScott
02-02-2011, 01:36 PM
This looks like a phenomenal idea. It will definitely be interesting to see where they take it and what they accomplish for bbq. As for KC, that does seem strange but then again this is a Sam's Club BBQ Series and National Championship.

Anchors Smokeshop
02-02-2011, 01:36 PM
The nearest local event for The Smoke 'N Barrel is in Pittsburgh PA, which is 8 hours away. OUCH!
The Region 5 regional event is a half hour away. Nice!

We're going to register and see what happens.

Finney
02-02-2011, 01:45 PM
Great idea... But who divided up the regions????

NC and VA with PA and NY????

Greendriver
02-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Makes me glad that nice red trailer I got didn't sell.

Smoke'n Ice
02-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Another interesting observation on Texas. Two contests, one in Austin and one in Conroe with the Regional in Ft. Worth. There is exactly one KCBS contest in the Great State of Texas and it will be in it's third year in Bedford, TX over Labor Day. The areas where the contest are being held has absolutly no judge base or, for that matter, KCBS style cooks base. It's all IBCA, Lone Star, etc. But KS is in the region and only has one contest.

Where can one get what the scheduler or advisor is drinking or smoking?

trueque
02-02-2011, 02:51 PM
I was going to complain about the regions, but after getting this far into the thread I am just glad to be four hours away from a couple of options.

crd26a
02-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Another interesting observation on Texas. Two contests, one in Austin and one in Conroe with the Regional in Ft. Worth. There is exactly one KCBS contest in the Great State of Texas and it will be in it's third year in Bedford, TX over Labor Day. The areas where the contest are being held has absolutly no judge base or, for that matter, KCBS style cooks base. It's all IBCA, Lone Star, etc. But KS is in the region and only has one contest.

Where can one get what the scheduler or advisor is drinking or smoking?

I was wondering the same thing, but it could also be driven by Sam's themselves, esp. if they're trying to promote the local store. But can't say I'm thrilled with the thought of the Regional being in an underserved KCBS judging area.....

sitnfat
02-02-2011, 02:56 PM
I cant decide between Memphis and Birmingham!

HarleyEarl
02-02-2011, 03:03 PM
You have to give Sam's Kudo's for trying, BUT...
I think I'll pass this year. The KC contest is bound to fill fast and be huge.
They should have set up a full regional around KC with the number of teams around here. Heck we have North KC, Lenexa, Great American, Shawnee & let's see who am I missing, oh THE ROYAL => All these contests are over 100 teams. Can any other region claim the same? Not to mention the number of CBJ's in this area.
WOW!!! Good luck to all those competing.

Scottie
02-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Is now a good time to put up a for rent sign?

roksmith
02-02-2011, 03:08 PM
I can't help thinking it would have been better to partner up with existing KCBS events rather than running in competition. I guess they are a big sponsor and can do what they want. Doesn't effect my area anyways as they avoided Ohio, but I can see some established comps losing some bigger teams becasue of it.

Alexa RnQ
02-02-2011, 03:10 PM

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYMCMO-xG6CAcmKLFhVD3nK-_Cg_Ki8ndWaaRKcDU-F4BmViqeMA

sitnfat
02-02-2011, 03:17 PM
I bet the 600 spots fill up fast!!

Rich Parker
02-02-2011, 03:28 PM

Thank goodness Madison, WI is closer to you. :cool:

ique
02-02-2011, 03:44 PM
I think I'm going to go bottom feed in that texas region

:twisted:

Ford
02-02-2011, 04:50 PM
I think this is a great step forward. I'm sorry the PNWBA area didn't get representation but it's sometimes difficult to please all. I guess some New England teams are also PO'd.

But I think they did a fantastic job of spreading this around so people from most parts of the country could compete and have a regional that wasn't too far from the locals. I for one think it's fantastic that they didn't focus on the KC area. This is national event and they did it right. Prize money sounds good. I think that most of us who try for this will be able to keep 10/14 open until we see how we do in the Regionals. For me it's a little easier as I hope to compete in June in the Indy bracket. That bracket does have comps that conflict with local MI contests but I can juggle things there.

My bet is all 600 spots fill up by the 2/11. Hope not because I'd love to get a couple of shots at it.

jbrink01
02-02-2011, 04:56 PM
One a little closer to the STL would have been nice...oh well, thats why trailers have wheels.

Finney
02-02-2011, 04:59 PM
You have to give Sam's Kudo's for trying, BUT...
I think I'll pass this year. The KC contest is bound to fill fast and be huge.
They should have set up a full regional around KC with the number of teams around here. Heck we have North KC, Lenexa, Great American, Shawnee & let's see who am I missing, oh THE ROYAL => All these contests are over 100 teams. Can any other region claim the same? Not to mention the number of CBJ's in this area.
WOW!!! Good luck to all those competing.

It won't be huge because they are limiting the local events to 30 teams.

Fat Woody
02-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Regarding judging - this is straight from the KCBS site:

"Samís Club BBQ Series judging information

February 2, 2011

All 26 events in the Samís Club BBQ Series will utilize KCBS Certified Barbeque Judges.
Interested judges will be able to register online once team registration has been completed; information on how to register will also be posted after team registration is complete. Only certified judges with active membership are allowed to register; certification and membership will be verified.

Event Directors will send confirmation via e-mail to judges.

Stay tuned for more information."

getyourrubonbbq
02-02-2011, 05:15 PM
Thinking I'm doing this one!

HarleyEarl
02-02-2011, 05:32 PM
I think this is a great step forward. I'm sorry the PNWBA area didn't get representation but it's sometimes difficult to please all. I guess some New England teams are also PO'd.

But I think they did a fantastic job of spreading this around so people from most parts of the country could compete and have a regional that wasn't too far from the locals. I for one think it's fantastic that they didn't focus on the KC area. This is national event and they did it right. Prize money sounds good. I think that most of us who try for this will be able to keep 10/14 open until we see how we do in the Regionals. For me it's a little easier as I hope to compete in June in the Indy bracket. That bracket does have comps that conflict with local MI contests but I can juggle things there.

My bet is all 600 spots fill up by the 2/11. Hope not because I'd love to get a couple of shots at it.
I do think it is a great idea, but when you look at where the majority of the teams will be coming from in the Ft. Worth Region and the level of support for the KCBS, wouldn't it have made more sense to have more contests in Kansas, Missouri, or Oklahoma and have the regionals in Oklahoma rather than targetting in on Texas? Not sour grapes, I just think they could have done a little more research before laying out the schedule. Since the PNWBA area didn't get representation, it looks like Sam's was looking at other criteria than where the competitiors hail from - just thinking on the keyboard...

Scottie
02-02-2011, 05:56 PM
I hate to be a wet rag. But the PNWBA is a governing body on their own aren't they? I beielve there are a couple of KCBS contests up in those parts, right? Why would they focus in that area? KC/Missouri region was way too low for numbers of cooks in the area. Especially when compared to Texas that doesn't even support more than 1 KCBS contest? Nothing in the NE and that isn't right either.

For rent.... for right price, money back guarantee. Limited opportunities. Willing to travel

Smoke'n Ice
02-02-2011, 06:39 PM
It could be that the saturation of Sam's Clubs may have been a deciding factor. I only know of one small store in the Seattle area, home of Costco.

Hell, in the Dallas area I know of and have been in at least 10 stores and I don't know the saturation in Ft. Worth, which is a whole nother world (like where the West begins and if that is true, then Dallas is where the East peters out).

I'm surprised about the Ft. Worth site because a new Flagship (one of only three in the world) Sam's/Wally World is being built in Dallas but it may not be open in time.

Finney
02-02-2011, 06:43 PM

Looks like you can only pick one local event.
teams will be allowed to register one (1) time for one (1) local event.

Ponderosa BBQ
02-02-2011, 06:45 PM
I CAN'T WAIT!!! So many choices to pick from!!

crd26a
02-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Finney - Ford was pointing out that if the 600 spots don't fill, they'll reopen the slots

"If all 600 positions are not reserved and confirmed during this registration period, a second registration period will be announced and opened following the same rules and procedures." "For any registration period after the first, the same rules apply as with the first open period, a team can only register one time, and only for one contest during the registration period. "

ique
02-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Looks like you can only pick one local event.

But if all the spots do not fill up in the initial registration, they will allow teams to add a 2nd event during a 2nd registration period.

WhiskeyBentBBQ
02-02-2011, 07:22 PM
We are excited about this series.. We will be trying to get in the Orlando qualifier and may even have a "2nd generation" team in the Pittsburgh one. Only time will tell.

DawgPhan
02-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Hey Scottie think that the 1 team 1 event rule is about team names or head cooks. Could Cancer Suck in Atlanta, Vegas, Fort Worth, and NYC?

Contracted Cookers
02-02-2011, 07:32 PM
This is pretty stupid. GO RITTERS.

Scottie
02-02-2011, 07:57 PM
i didn't see anything about bringing in others. Or a team changing their name and cooking it as another team... So I could be CSC and CSC2 and CSC3, etc. at 3 different contests. Honestly, I think that loop hole will be tightened.

DawgPhan
02-02-2011, 08:10 PM
i didn't see anything about bringing in others. Or a team changing their name and cooking it as another team... So I could be CSC and CSC2 and CSC3, etc. at 3 different contests. Honestly, I think that loop hole will be tightened.

well I guess Butcher and Fast Eddy need to figure out how to push the envelope for the rest of us on this one.

JD McGee
02-02-2011, 08:16 PM
I hate to be a wet rag. But the PNWBA is a governing body on their own aren't they? I beielve there are a couple of KCBS contests up in those parts, right? Why would they focus in that area? KC/Missouri region was way too low for numbers of cooks in the area. Especially when compared to Texas that doesn't even support more than 1 KCBS contest? Nothing in the NE and that isn't right either.

For rent.... for right price, money back guarantee. Limited opportunities. Willing to travel

You are correct sir...the PNWBA is our sanctioning body up here. We had one KCBS comp last year (Bellevue, WA) and so far none on the schedule for this year.

Now as to WHY they should focus in our area...because I'm here dammit...:twisted:

It could be that the saturation of Sam's Clubs may have been a deciding factor. I only know of one small store in the Seattle area, home of Costco.

Hell, in the Dallas area I know of and have been in at least 10 stores and I don't know the saturation in Ft. Worth, which is a whole nother world (like where the West begins and if that is true, then Dallas is where the East peters out).

I'm surprised about the Ft. Worth site because a new Flagship (one of only three in the world) Sam's/Wally World is being built in Dallas but it may not be open in time.

Yep...only one Sam's Club south of Seattle and a half dozen Wally World's scattered here and there.

Yakfishingfool
02-02-2011, 08:26 PM
So to be sure I understand this...To compete in the long island regional, I have to go to PA or VA or NC, score in the top ten to return back to the island to compete....um...yuk, oh, going to the Royal that weekend anyway. So the regional event (5) could pull a lot of folks from the royal...all the better :)

ThomEmery
02-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Goin to roll the dice

drbbq
02-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Now as to WHY they should focus in our area...because I'm here dammit...:twisted:

AT least one guy being honest here.

chromesporty
02-02-2011, 08:44 PM
I think I might cook my first KCBS contest in Austin the 14th of May.

JD McGee
02-02-2011, 08:58 PM
We may look at the Sacramento comp...it's only a 2 day drive...:becky: What the hec...my trailer has wheels...:twisted:

swamprb
02-02-2011, 09:14 PM

Not that it matters, but there are 3 Sam's Club's in Western Washington.
Auburn, Renton and North Seattle.

If we wanna play KCBS, we gotta road trip.

White Dog BBQ
02-02-2011, 09:23 PM
I think this will be the first ever BBQ contest in Pittsburgh.

I've wanted to go to the 'Burgh for a long time to compete -- looking forward to it (assuming I get in!).

Erik

BBQchef33
02-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Itr seems the Region 5 'regional' is the same weekend as the American Royal.

So the winners of the region 5 locals have to decide between this circuit or the AR. Am I reading that right?

That region 5 regional is about a whooping 5 miles from me. If we dont go to the royal, we can just go there and razz everyone. :)

HoDeDo
02-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Itr seems the Region 5 'regional' is the same weekend as the American Royal.

So the winners of the region 5 locals have to decide between this circuit or the AR. Am I reading that right?

That region 5 regional is about a whooping 5 miles from me. If we dont go to the royal, we can just go there and razz everyone. :)

The regionals are invitationals... so you can be in both places at once with the BBQ Brethren name :) Now the question is... who / where....

Cast Iron Chef
02-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Hmmm may have to loose my comp virginty here in Vegas.

Smokin' Bad Habit
02-02-2011, 10:36 PM
so if i understand the rules correctly, you have to be one of the lucky 30 to get "in" the contest, then you pay via credit card over the phone , so its a race to get "in" then a race to pay? or if you get "in" then you have to pay befor the deadline, its either im a goober or the rules are not very clear?

JD McGee
02-02-2011, 10:49 PM
Not that it matters, but there are 3 Sam's Club's in Western Washington.
Auburn, Renton and North Seattle.

Cool...I was only aware of the one in Renton...not a member so I never go there. Anyhoo...like swamp said...if we wanna play KCBS...we gotta travel.

HoDeDo
02-02-2011, 11:14 PM
JD, In the northeast many of the NEBS contests have KCBS events tied to them... Organizers are who drive the sanctioning...so if you dont wanna travel to play KCBS, have some of your contests go for dual sanctioning, etc. I'm sure if there was an interest in the teams up there, the organizers would follow suit... I guess I didnt realize there was a drive for KCBS sanctioned events up there.

bigdogphin
02-02-2011, 11:35 PM
JD, In the northeast many of the NEBS contests have KCBS events tied to them... Organizers are who drive the sanctioning...so if you dont wanna travel to play KCBS, have some of your contests go for dual sanctioning, etc. I'm sure if there was an interest in the teams up there, the organizers would follow suit... I guess I didnt realize there was a drive for KCBS sanctioned events up there.

I am not sure (so please correct me if I am wrong) but I think this was done a few years back. Not sure people wanted to pay double the sactioning fee. Any way sacramento is too far for us, maybe next year. I would be curious to see who gets in to the local events and if it really is a first come first serve sign-up.

Prairie Smoke
02-03-2011, 08:54 AM
I'm not sure there's a drive for KCBS events in the PNW, (PNWBA is indeed a sanctioning body that works well for the smaller contests up there...) It does kinda stink that there are no Sam's Club events within a 2-day drive though... The rest of the contests seem to indicate that the saturation level of KCBS (cooks, contests, judges, etc) in a geographic area is not a driver of the location of Sams Club events.
This is demonstrated by Texas (3 events, very little KCBS presence) and KC (very high density of KCBS activity and no Sam's club events)

Jorge
02-03-2011, 09:11 AM
October could be a long month for somebody. The Royal, Sam's Club Final, and Jack are all in October. It could be a really good month too!

Bigmista
02-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Hmmm may have to loose my comp virginty here in Vegas.

Vegas is an invitational. Gotta place in one of the locals to get there.

Grafixgibbs
02-03-2011, 11:18 AM
None in NC or SC?? What's up with that?

Cast Iron Chef
02-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Vegas is an invitational. Gotta place in one of the locals to get there.

Am I reading that wrong? I thought Vegas was a local event.

Edit: Looked again. I guess the highlighted ones are the regionals. Not very clear. Crap!

benjet
02-03-2011, 11:45 AM
The regionals are invitationals... so you can be in both places at once with the BBQ Brethren name :) Now the question is... who / where....

Might want to double check that.

If they are all KCBS contests unless there is some special consideration they all will follow the same rule #2.

"A team shall not compete in more than one contest under the same team
name, on the same date."

Just sayin'

Scottie
02-03-2011, 11:51 AM
That's not right. Any contest that has a "Invitational" , while sanctioned through KCBS, they are considered competitor series and do not count for any TOY points. 2 perfect examples are the American Royal Invitation and the Jack Daniel's.

Might want to double check that.

If they are all KCBS contests unless there is some special consideration they all will follow the same rule #2.

"A team shall not compete in more than one contest under the same team
name, on the same date."

Just sayin'

benjet
02-03-2011, 11:56 AM
That's not right. Any contest that has a "Invitational" , while sanctioned through KCBS, they are considered competitor series and do not count for any TOY points. 2 perfect examples are the American Royal Invitation and the Jack Daniel's.

...and I have held both a competitor series and a regular KCBS contest on the same day, and was told point blank teams may not enter both.

Jorge
02-03-2011, 12:07 PM
...and I have held both a competitor series and a regular KCBS contest on the same day, and was told point blank teams may not enter both.

But, in this case, we are talking about two competitor series events I believe. If both are invitationals, I wouldn't want to be in the position of telling teams that they have to make a choice if they've qualified for both.

Does KCBS "sanction" the Royal Invitational? I know they don't sanction The Jack.

benjet
02-03-2011, 12:09 PM
My point was to get formal clarification/confirmation one way or the other.

Finney
02-03-2011, 12:24 PM
None in NC or SC?? What's up with that?

9/9/11 - 9/10/11
Sam's Club
64024418 W. Wendover Ave.
Greensboro, NC

But then the Regional is in New York.

Scottie
02-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Does KCBS "sanction" the Royal Invitational? I know they don't sanction The Jack.

I thought they were sanctioned as competitor contests. KCBS can't "sanction" Invitational contests. SO they had some dsignation for the ARI and the JD.

And Ben, I might have missed part of that with 2 in the same day. Not sure?

dmprantz
02-03-2011, 01:20 PM

If I go to KCBS.us, click on events, then "KCBS Sanctioned Events," then select October, 2010, both the ARI and Jack show up. They may not be "normal" BBQ contests (No TOY points, etc), but it looks like they are both "sanctioned." I dunno.

dmp

INmitch
02-03-2011, 02:32 PM
I read things over pretty fast but are the qualifiers going to be state championships also? Just curious.

dreed
02-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Another slap in the face for the Northeast. KCBS can't seem to realize how much the NE teams support the KCBS. The number of comps are multiplying every year up north and bringing a lot of recognition to the world of competiton cooking and to the KCBS
The best they can come up with is Pittsburgh, Chesapeake, and Greensboro for Region 5.

mobow
02-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Another slap in the face for the Northeast. KCBS can't seem to realize how much the NE teams support the KCBS. The number of comps are multiplying every year up north and bringing a lot of recognition to the world of competiton cooking and to the KCBS
The best they can come up with is Pittsburgh, Chesapeake, and Greensboro for Region 5.
KCBS does not organize the contest. For this series it is Sam Club. For other contest it is a variety of organizers. All KCBS does is accept the organizers fees and send reps to see that the rules are followed and limit the number of contest in the same area on the same dates. If the northeast does not have KCBS contest it is becuase there is a lack of organizers who want to put a BBQ on. I quarntee you that KCBS would love to see more in your area. keith

Plowboy
02-03-2011, 05:04 PM

KCBS wouldn't let Randy and I cook under Pork Pullin Plowboys when I cooked Midwest City and he cooked El Dorado. We argued that one was an invitational, but Mike Lake said no.

Plowboy
02-03-2011, 05:06 PM
But, in this case, we are talking about two competitor series events I believe. If both are invitationals, I wouldn't want to be in the position of telling teams that they have to make a choice if they've qualified for both.

El Jefe 2012... because Scottie said so.

Plowboy
02-03-2011, 05:08 PM
October could be a long month for somebody. The Royal, Sam's Club Final, and Jack are all in October. It could be a really good month too!

I know I'm going to one of those for sure! :thumb:

dreed
02-03-2011, 06:07 PM
KCBS does not organize the contest. For this series it is Sam Club. For other contest it is a variety of organizers. All KCBS does is accept the organizers fees and send reps to see that the rules are followed and limit the number of contest in the same area on the same dates. If the northeast does not have KCBS contest it is becuase there is a lack of organizers who want to put a BBQ on. I quarntee you that KCBS would love to see more in your area. keith

There are a good number of KCBS sanctioned comps in the Northeast, I am familiar with the process. The KCBS could have recommended a more northeasterly comp for the Sam's invitational. Is all.

LindaM
02-03-2011, 06:44 PM
There are a good number of KCBS sanctioned comps in the Northeast, I am familiar with the process. The KCBS could have recommended a more northeasterly comp for the Sam's invitational. Is all.

That's Because the Northeast has no representation with KCBS anymore.....

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
02-03-2011, 06:49 PM

thats why Im glad to see contests from another group...The BBQ Brethren!

sitnfat
02-03-2011, 06:57 PM
I normally wouldnt say this, but I hope this weekend dont drag along I am ready for the 8th!

Diva
02-03-2011, 07:44 PM

Way to "represent"

U2CANQUE
02-03-2011, 08:15 PM
I think I'm going to go bottom feed in that texas region

:twisted:

Without comitting to which one on my side, what ya wanna pop up Chris?

ique
02-03-2011, 09:34 PM
I know I'm going to one of those for sure! :thumb:

Royal > Sams Club Finals > Jack would be a pretty awesome way to close out the year

huminie
02-03-2011, 11:38 PM
I will be attempting to register for my local qualifier as my first ever "real" competition. I am pretty excited.

U2CANQUE
02-04-2011, 09:01 PM
actually aiming for ONE of the Texas contests.....not to bottom feed, but, due to location

CBQ
02-04-2011, 11:03 PM
Nothing in the NE and that isn't right either

I'm from NE, but don't mind NY/PA so much. Most NE teams have to go to NY anyway because NY has as many contests as all six New England states put together. Two of the top five in the 2010 Empire State were from New England. I would have preferred Philly over Pittsburgh, though. :-P

I don't understand why NC is in the same region. :confused: The regions are a little different when it comes to 'que.

If I walk up to a person chosen at random and say "My weekend hobby is I cook competitive bbq" I get:

New England response: "You do what?"

North Carolina response: "Nice. I smoked 2 butts last weekend, and I have a brisket on at home now."

Ponderosa BBQ
02-05-2011, 04:55 PM
So many choices I can't wait! It will be interesting 4 sho

Hogtie N' Ride
02-05-2011, 05:18 PM
I read things over pretty fast but are the qualifiers going to be state championships also? Just curious.

I see only one listed as a State Championship so far, the one in CO, so as time goes by more may be.

arlieque
02-05-2011, 09:27 PM

Looks as if I will be doing two events in NY, one in Albany and one in Buffalo, dates are both in July, more to come. Go to www.arliequeevents.com and check in the next few weeks. We are in to be approved for KCBS sanctioning.

Arlie
arlieque@comcast.net

mw
02-06-2011, 01:30 PM
I find this thread amusing.
"No contest in my area,....
I'll have to travel 4 hours just to get to one of these Sam's contests, what are they thinking....
KC is the capital of bbq and only one contest,...
none in the pnw,....
Long Island?.. have they lost their mind,....
TX has no judging base and only has one kcbs contest a year, yet TX gets 2 plus a regional....."

Just because there is "no kcbs cook base" in TX dosen't mean there aren't cooks.
There are several sanctioning bodies in TX so I suppose there has not been much of a need to hire kcbs.

For those Texans that want to cook a kcbs contest, (belive it or not, there are a few) they usually have a pretty good drive. Many don't because there is no need when there are plenty contests within a 100 mile drive of almost anywhere in TX, just like there are those that aren't willing to travel out the KC area. They don't have to.
I'm sure Sam's Club has a pretty good marketing dept and know what they are doing to get the biggest bang for their buck.
For those that say it would be "inconvinent" to cook the series, the answer is easy. To whine about it is silly. You can't please all the people all the time. I'm sure there will be plenty willing to fill the field.

HoDeDo
02-06-2011, 03:00 PM
I kinda figured we would have full fields. 30 spots per event.... I expect it to sell out quicker than a Jimmy Buffet concert in KS. (about 5 min) :)

U2CANQUE
02-06-2011, 03:07 PM
I kinda figured we would have full fields. 30 spots per event.... I expect it to sell out quicker than a Jimmy Buffet concert in KS. (about 5 min) :)

I know where I will be the 8th....getting out of the meeting as soon as I can in the morning....closing the office door for about a half hour, and rolling the dice.....I have talked to quite a few TX teams that are going to be filling the slots down here quickly

Tarheel
02-07-2011, 03:51 PM
I know where I will be the 8th....getting out of the meeting as soon as I can
As soon as you can will be too late so don't even bother, just not worth it. :heh:

Greendriver
02-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Don't forget to set your clock back tonight!

RangerJ
02-07-2011, 06:36 PM
II have talked to quite a few TX teams that are going to be filling the slots down here quickly

Guess, I'm still curious as to why there would be any doubt that Texas teams would try to fill the slots?

C'mon with the bottom feedin' as you call it, I'm not scared.

Good luck to all.

Diva
02-07-2011, 09:04 PM

Oy...

KC_Bobby
02-07-2011, 11:13 PM
Anyone signing up for this tomorrow?

getyourrubonbbq
02-08-2011, 07:38 AM
Yep.

ique
02-08-2011, 07:43 AM
Anyone signing up for this tomorrow?

I'm betting the server crashes.

musicmanryann
02-08-2011, 08:16 AM
I'm betting the server crashes.

Me too. I have the popcorn already prepared for the big show.:thumb:

bbally
02-08-2011, 08:16 AM
Yep signing up

Jorge
02-08-2011, 09:05 AM
9:22 shot is ready

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smknwhlswife
02-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Guess, I'm still curious as to why there would be any doubt that Texas teams would try to fill the slots?

I think one of the questions there would be 'How many of the Texas teams are members of KCBS?', if a majority of them only cook IBCA.

Good luck to everyone trying!!

U2CANQUE
02-08-2011, 09:35 AM
As soon as you can will be too late so don't even bother, just not worth it. :heh:

boy, I get this from a friend, I would hate to see what those who despise me would say:becky:

Smoke'n Ice
02-08-2011, 09:36 AM
I know of one:decision:

RangerJ
02-08-2011, 10:02 AM
H - 1 Hour...

Plowboy
02-08-2011, 10:22 AM
I think one of the questions there would be 'How many of the Texas teams are members of KCBS?', if a majority of them only cook IBCA.

Good luck to everyone trying!!

I don't see where it says you have to be a KCBS member. If that were the case, I wonder how the Jack and Royal invitationals will view the contest if it were a State Championship. Is it really an OPEN contest if you have to be a member? Do you have to be a Sam's Club member as well?

Ford
02-08-2011, 10:26 AM
I don't see where it says you have to be a KCBS member. If that were the case, I wonder how the Jack and Royal invitationals will view the contest if it were a State Championship. Is it really an OPEN contest if you have to be a member? Do you have to be a Sam's Club member as well?
The rules say you must be a KCBS member and if you are not a member you can sign up & pay when registering. Nothing about being a SAMS member that I saw.

sitnfat
02-08-2011, 10:27 AM
Rules 34 an 36 confuse me. 34 says if I leave I must make sure my alcohol is in a locked container. 36 says I can't have alcohol. Can I drink or not????

RangerJ
02-08-2011, 10:32 AM
I would interpret that to read as long as its not in a see through cup and your not buying moonshine from someone on the property you should be G2G.

Smoke'n Ice
02-08-2011, 10:35 AM
[QUOTE=Can I drink or not????[/QUOTE]

That really depends on a lot of factors, age, significant other, alcohol tolerance, etc. It would be difficult for any of the forum members to answer this question about you.:tape:

Brewmaster
02-08-2011, 10:38 AM
I have seen more appetizing pictures of pork than the one KCBS chose to put on their homepage.

sitnfat
02-08-2011, 10:39 AM
I bring my own moonshine :becky:

dmprantz
02-08-2011, 10:45 AM
That really depends on a lot of factors, age, significant other, alcohol tolerance, etc. It would be difficult for any of the forum members to answer this question about you.:tape:

I cooked next to him last year, he can drink. Is it really moonshine if you make it legally?

dmp

Plowboy
02-08-2011, 10:46 AM
I have seen more appetizing pictures of pork than the one KCBS chose to put on their homepage.

I highly doubt that.

Cue's Your Daddy
02-08-2011, 10:47 AM
isnt moonshine southern cough medicine

DawgPhan
02-08-2011, 10:47 AM
The rules say you must be a KCBS member and if you are not a member you can sign up & pay when registering. Nothing about being a SAMS member that I saw.

I didnt see that in the rules? Where is it?

Brewmaster
02-08-2011, 10:49 AM
I highly doubt that.

Must be your picture. :thumb:

Plowboy
02-08-2011, 10:50 AM
I didnt see that in the rules? Where is it?

I just did a text search on the rules and don't see member or membership anywhere.

DawgPhan
02-08-2011, 10:51 AM
I just did a text search on the rules and don't see member or membership anywhere.

same here.

It would certainly be a departure from the long held "we can't make people be a member" meme.

sitnfat
02-08-2011, 10:52 AM
DMP it's wine I make legally:-D

Just Pulin' Pork
02-08-2011, 10:53 AM
T minus 10 minutes!

Three porks
02-08-2011, 10:57 AM
the website is already stalling!! great

dmprantz
02-08-2011, 10:59 AM
It's in the rules. I talked to Dawn about it on Friday and confirmed after the mass eMail went out later that day. "Teams must be a member of KCBS to participate. Please read all the rules and regulations by clicking here (http://e2ma.net/go/9061028800/3416567/102869284/3654/b64/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5rY2JzLnVzL3NhbXMtY2x1Yi1zZXJpZXMtcn VsZXMucGhw)"

dmprantz
02-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Done.

ique
02-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Flawless :clap2: , I signed up for Pittsburgh

trohrs123
02-08-2011, 11:05 AM
in for Pittsburgh!!:thumb:

roksmith
02-08-2011, 11:05 AM
P-Burgh as well

Brewmaster
02-08-2011, 11:06 AM
Got into Memphis

glenntm
02-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Done. Gilbert, AZ

RangerJ
Done, it says I'm registered for Conroe, Texas

Site was getting slow though.

Alexa RnQ
We're in for Gilbert, AZ! http://www.divaherself.com/funny/woot.gif

musicmanryann
02-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Whew, that was stressful! In at Madison.:-D

DawgPhan
02-08-2011, 11:10 AM
in for Marietta. it was a little slow, but nothing major once you get to the registration page

http://kcbs.us/sams-club-series-register.php?id=1

Muzzlebrake
Greensboro NC here I come!

Plowboy
I am in!!! Woodbury, MN

Browser crashed twice.

Fat Woody
02-08-2011, 11:13 AM
We're in...pending PayPal confirmation...!

musicmanryann
02-08-2011, 11:13 AM
I like that people can finally talk about where they are going. LMAO!

Sylvie
02-08-2011, 11:14 AM
I got a confirmation and paid on Pay Pal for Four Q, Gilbert Az.

Spydermike72
02-08-2011, 11:15 AM
In, Traverse City here we come!!

White Dog BBQ
02-08-2011, 11:16 AM
What's with everyone picking Pittsburgh? See you there!

Plowboy
I like that people can finally talk about where they are going. LMAO!

Or maybe I'm coming to Madison. :boxing:

nwelch
Donkey Punch BBQ is in for Lenexa/Overland Park, KS.

Plowboy
02-08-2011, 11:17 AM

Give em hell, Sean!!

Time to start sourcing some pork collars. :heh:

Plowboy
02-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Donkey Punch BBQ is in for Lenexa/Overland Park, KS.

Awesome, guys.

I've got a target on you boys for Blue Springs this year. :boxing:

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
02-08-2011, 11:18 AM
What's with everyone picking Pittsburgh? See you there!

how can you tell? is is sold out already?

Bigmista
02-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Bigmista's Barbecue is in for Gilbert, AZ!

bodcat
02-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Yard Time BBQ for Overland Park.

WhiskeyBentBBQ
Whiskey Bent is in for Orlando, FL and will also be traveling up to Pittsburgh, PA to help our cook partner, Matt, and his team Jolly Scholar. Just got confirmation for both!

Looks like the 'Burgh is gonna be a tough one.

Trainwreck
Were in for Madison, WI.

musicmanryann
Or maybe I'm coming to Madison. :boxing:

You gotta love Game Theory! :laugh:

AZScott
02-08-2011, 11:20 AM
We're in for Gilbert!

nwelch
02-08-2011, 11:21 AM
Awesome, guys.

I've got a target on you boys for Blue Springs this year. :boxing:

Hopefully its a big target so you don't miss! ha!

jdbh
02-08-2011, 11:21 AM
it says im registered but never asked me to pay and i cant get through on the phone to them

musicmanryann
02-08-2011, 11:23 AM
it says im registered but never asked me to pay and i cant get through on the phone to them

Try refreshing the page to see if the PayNow PayPal button comes up. It will be under the red text talking about confirmation via payment. Good luck!:thumb:

Smokin' Aces
02-08-2011, 11:24 AM
how come medford long island is not up for registration

GQue
02-08-2011, 11:25 AM
I am in for Loveland - Cant wait.

Had no troubles signing up on a slow server - kudos to KCBS and their IT folks.

Rich Parker
02-08-2011, 11:26 AM
iBQ'n will be at Traverse City.

ique
02-08-2011, 11:26 AM
how come medford long island is not up for registration

Its a regional contest. Todays registration was for local contests

smknwhlswife
02-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Conroe Tx for us!!

jdbh
02-08-2011, 11:28 AM
i tried to re register and it says team name already registered im probuly screwed cause there lines are busy

MoGreen
02-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Team Rub Won Out is in for Birmingham!

Lion Bout The Q
02-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Lion Bout The Q is in for Memphis Tenn!

Joneser
02-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Roadmaster BBQ is in....
Evergreen Park, IL - 6/3/11

Ford
Great Lakes BBQ & Feed Co made it in for Traverse City MI. Wonder how many other MI teams will register. Hope it sells out quick.

Divemaster
Looks like we are the only ones going to Evergreen Park, Illinois!!!

Does that give us an auto in?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Smoke'n Ice
02-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Austin, got the paypal receipt.
CU all there that go that way.

Trainwreck
02-08-2011, 11:33 AM
Whew, that was stressful! In at Madison.:-D
Look forward to meeting you there.
Andy

Tiki Wolf
02-08-2011, 11:34 AM
We're in for Chesapeake, VA

ique
02-08-2011, 11:35 AM
Gilbert az
Overland Park
Memphis

Full

Bigmista
02-08-2011, 11:35 AM
No one going to Sacramento?

Three porks
02-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Anybody else doing Evergreen Park, IL??

Vince RnQ
02-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Gilbert az
Overland Park
Memphis

Full

Are you seeing that online somewhere, Chris?

The registration links for those venues are still active.

Divemaster
Look up 3 or 4 posts. LOL

DawgPhan
Gilbert az
Overland Park
Memphis

Full

really surprised that it is taking this long to sell out...

I guess it speaks to the fact that despite what we want to believe there are only a couple of hundred committed BBQ teams across the country.

RangerJ
Gilbert az
Overland Park
Memphis

Full

Is that up on a site somewhere? - or what Vince said...

Rich Parker
Evergreen park - full

Bigmista
Gilbert az
Overland Park
Memphis

Full

How can you tell?

mremus
02-08-2011, 11:40 AM
I'm in for Madison, WI. Can't wait.

ique
02-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Go to the main registration page and select an event. If it is full you'll get a message:

30 people have already registered for this event. You may still register for this event's waiting list, for a chance to participate in the event should a previous registrant fail to make payment.

http://www.kcbs.us/sams-club-series-register.php?id=8

teamzbq-ann
02-08-2011, 11:43 AM
ZBQ is in at Pittsburgh

Mike - CSBBBQ
02-08-2011, 11:43 AM
We are in for Pittsburgh. Good luck everyone.

Spydermike72
02-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Gilbert AZ is still open as of right now...

Plowboy
02-08-2011, 11:44 AM
How can you tell?

Chris is clairvoyant.

Vince RnQ
02-08-2011, 11:45 AM
Go to the main registration page and select an event. If it is full you'll get a message:

30 people have already registered for this event. You may still register for this event's waiting list, for a chance to participate in the event should a previous registrant fail to make payment.

http://www.kcbs.us/sams-club-series-register.php?id=8

Thanks, Chris. Good luck in Pittsburgh and hopefully we'll get to share a good luck toast in Bentonville!

KC_Bobby
02-08-2011, 11:45 AM
Do to family obligations and making sure we don't double book the Royal date, Boondoggle entered the TX region. See ya in OPKS and with some luck Ft. Worth.

DawgPhan
02-08-2011, 11:46 AM
What will be the next contest to sell out?

Vince RnQ
02-08-2011, 11:47 AM
What will be the next contest to sell out?

If this were as popular as the Super Bowl, Las Vegas would have a proposition bet on that question.

Bigmista
Evergreen, IL is full

Sylvie
Gilbert az
Overland Park
Memphis

Full
Gilbert, AZ appears to still be open. No gold/yellow filled message came up just now.

Edit- ok now it is full

Ron_L
02-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Looks like we are the only ones going to Evergreen Park, Illinois!!!

Does that give us an auto in?

Roadmaster BBQ is in....
Evergreen Park, IL - 6/3/11

See you all there! :becky:

ique
02-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Gilbert, AZ appears to still be open. No gold/yellow filled message came up just now.

Edit- ok now it is full

It did switch back and forth, but yes full now

RangerJ
02-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Gilbert now says closed.

musicmanryann
02-08-2011, 11:54 AM

Edit- ok now it is full

Now it's full.

Divemaster
02-08-2011, 11:57 AM
See you all there! :becky:
Looking forward to it Ronnelle!

Diva Q
02-08-2011, 12:07 PM
We are in for :

Sam's Club BBQ Series Registration: Traverse City, MI

Muzzlebrake
02-08-2011, 12:09 PM
Give em hell, Sean!!

Time to start sourcing some pork collars. :heh:

Thanks buddy! pork collars and vinegar are huge there from what I hear!

Have fun in the north country

Spydermike72
02-08-2011, 12:15 PM
We are in for :

Sam's Club BBQ Series Registration: Traverse City, MI

Cool, it will be good to see you again!!

U2CANQUE
02-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Austin, got the paypal receipt.
CU all there that go that way.

See ya in Austin Mack

jdbh
02-08-2011, 12:22 PM
i m in finally wish i was going to evergreen but madison will work see ya there

huminie
02-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Signed up for Sacramento. This will be my first "real" contest.

I am pretty excited!

Jorge
02-08-2011, 12:27 PM
See ya in Austin Mack

I've already got a list of places I need to eat! We ARE going to Chuy's, check it out at Chuys.com .

U2CANQUE
02-08-2011, 12:28 PM
I've already got a list of places I need to eat! We ARE going to Chuy's, check it out at Chuys.com .

Nice! looking forward to it! Now only a matter of time.....damn, the wait.....looking forward to seeing the final list once they are all filled up.....

U2CANQUE
02-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Austin and Conroe still open.....

Ponderosa BBQ
02-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Big moe's got his first choice! Pitt here I come good luck to all

U2CANQUE
Gilbert now says closed.

Did ya get into Conroe?

ThomEmery
could not register :(

musicmanryann
02-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Big moe's got his first choice! Pitt here I come good luck to all

Nice job. Good luck bud!

BLUECHIP BBQ
02-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Bluechip BBQ is going to Evergreen, IL.:-P

musicmanryann
02-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Madison is now wait listed. Interesting.

dmprantz
02-08-2011, 01:07 PM
We ARE going to Chuy's, check it out at Chuys.com .

Really? I ate there once and was not impressed. I would think you would have much better grub in Texas. Maybe it's better there though.

dmp

Jorge
02-08-2011, 01:12 PM
Really? I ate there once and was not impressed. I would think you would have much better grub in Texas. Maybe it's better there though.

dmp

It varies by location. I won't go back to the Dallas location, but all of the Austin locations have been solid when I've been there.

Elvis combo for lunch on Friday, and I'm carbbed up until dinner on Saturday:becky:

Bigmista
02-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Madison, WI is closed.

Thom, Sacramento is still open.

dmprantz
02-08-2011, 01:19 PM
It varies by location....Elvis combo for lunch on Friday, and I'm carbbed up until dinner on Saturday:becky:

That's what I ate for dinner. It definitely wasn't bad food at all, I just wasn't blown away by it. Especially after the hassle trying to park and waiting for a table. I remember the rice was particularly good though....

Scottie
02-08-2011, 01:23 PM
a lot of Iowa and Illinois teams going there...

Madison is now wait listed. Interesting.

Jorge
02-08-2011, 01:24 PM

Did the A-Team have a strategery conference call?:-P:becky:

Vince RnQ
02-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Where did you register, Scottie?

G$
02-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Where di you register, Vince? :-P

Vince RnQ
02-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Where di you register, Vince? :-P

We selected Chesapeake, VA. We thought the long drive would give us extra time to plan our strategy!

musicmanryann
02-08-2011, 01:32 PM

I figured that would be the case since M-town is the same weekend as Woodbury, MN. Should be fun!

Tarheel
02-08-2011, 01:42 PM

What are you doing Sean, you can't just come and take pics, you have to cook too.:doh:

Rub
02-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Whiskey Bent, looks like it's just me, you, and the hookers on Orange Blossom Trail in Orlando. :wink:

4 smokin butts
02-08-2011, 02:09 PM
were gonna lay over from the westmount contest for evergreen

Anchors Smokeshop
02-08-2011, 02:11 PM
The Smoke 'N Barrel is in for Pittsburgh!

WhiskeyBentBBQ
02-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Whiskey Bent, looks like it's just me, you, and the hookers on Orange Blossom Trail in Orlando. :wink:

At least we are guaranteed to make it to the regionals that way, may even have new groupies in tow! :)

musicmanryann
02-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Teams are now posted for Evergreen.

http://www.kcbs.us/sams-club-series.php?id=17

Jorge
02-08-2011, 02:17 PM
At least we are guaranteed to make it to the regionals that way, may even have new groupies in tow! :)

You might want to start hoping it fills up, before the ringers start looking for a second shot if it's open in 3 days:-P:becky::laugh:

Scottie
02-08-2011, 02:19 PM
I had a conflict with the one that is 25 miles from my house. So I had to go up to Traverse City, MI the next weekend..

But Jorge. I'll tell you that no A-Team member will be at the same contest... :becky: Clone has the farthest to go...

Where did you register, Scottie?

4 smokin butts
02-08-2011, 02:21 PM
now web is showing teams that are signed up ......if its full and all paid i guess evergreenlist is up

Jorge
02-08-2011, 02:25 PM
But Jorge. I'll tell you that no A-Team member will be at the same contest... :becky: Clone has the farthest to go...

Strategery! I had that conversation a couple of days ago...You guys were an example:laugh:

trueque
02-08-2011, 02:27 PM
I registered at 11:02am and confirmed with Paypal for Memphis... waiting patiently for an email from KCBS and a final list.

Ford
02-08-2011, 02:29 PM

You might want to start hoping it fills up, before the ringers start looking for a second shot if it's open in 3 days:-P:becky::laugh:
My bet is most will be full by noon on Friday. And any that are still open will be getting some big names coming in just like Jorge says. No way all the spots won't fill up.

Heck I might talk to a couple of FBA folks and see if they would lend me equipment and help out for Orlando. Could fly in like Darren did for Lakeland.

musicmanryann
02-08-2011, 02:30 PM
I registered at 11:02am and confirmed with Paypal for Memphis... waiting patiently for an email from KCBS and a final list.

if you paid you're in.

Bigmista
02-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Evergreen List

4 smokin' butts
Able Acres BBQ
Barnstormers BBQ
bigdaddyoowee bbq
Black and Blue BBQ
Blue Chip BBQ
burnita bar-be-que boys
Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que
Dale's Rib Snort'N' BBQ
Double D's of Indiana
Gilly's Barnstormin' BBQ
Hoosier Crawdaddy
Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
Joey Mac Smoke Stax
Ma & Pa's Kettle
MikeRIB BBQ
Monty Pigthon & the Holy Grill
Pepperitaville
Pork Patrol BBq
rib runners
Roadmaster BBQ
rollin'ribs
Shake 'n Bake BBQ
Smoky River BBQ
Stockcar BBQ
The Smoke Hunters
Three Porks and a Smoker
Twyford BBQ & Catering
Uncle Bub's BBQ
Windy City Smokers

Bigmista
02-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Midwest City, OK and Marietta, GA are full

Scottie
02-08-2011, 03:04 PM
There will also be a contest, about 25 miles away on June 4-5... (Actually the town right next door to Westmont).. So it could also be a double header weekend...

were gonna lay over from the westmount contest for evergreen

Plowboy
02-08-2011, 03:05 PM
How do you find the team lists for full contests?

Divemaster
02-08-2011, 03:06 PM
My guess with the status is that if it's "Register Now", not enough teams have signed up, if it says "Waitlist Only" enough teams signed up but haven't paid, if it says "View Teams" all of the teams have paid.

Just my guess.

dmprantz
02-08-2011, 03:07 PM
They only show them if every one has registered and paid. Then it says "View Teams" next to it. I tried to hack the URL to find other comps, but they have that turned off too:)

dmp

musicmanryann
02-08-2011, 03:07 PM
It's on the registration page. "View Teams" has replaced "Waiting List Only".

Plowboy
02-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Ah, had to flush my browser cache. Didn't have a View Teams option. Now I see it.

BowtieBill
02-08-2011, 03:10 PM
No one going to Sacramento?

We are signed up for Sac.

Scottie
Well... We are probably the most admired and feared groups in all of BBQ...

:becky:

Strategery! I had that conversation a couple of days ago...You guys were an example:laugh:

Jorge
How do you find the team lists for full contests?
http://www.kcbs.us/sams-club-series.php

sitnfat
02-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Any one else going to Birmingham AL?

ThomEmery
02-08-2011, 03:18 PM
In for Gilbert AZ :)

RangerJ
02-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Did ya get into Conroe?

I did, or so it seems. The took my dough, regardless.

Pig Headed
02-08-2011, 03:25 PM
We selected Chesapeake, VA. We thought the long drive would give us extra time to plan our strategy!

Looking forward to meeting you at Chesapeake, VA. Our 6 hour drive is nothing compared to yours. Drive safe.

getyourrubonbbq
02-08-2011, 03:28 PM
On waiting list for Memphis, I know....that's about as far as I'll get with the issue registering this morning. I seriously doubt a team doesn't send in their money and create an opening.

Scottie
02-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Who are you cooking with? Gilbert's warm, isn't it? :thumb:

In for Gilbert AZ :)

WhiskeyBentBBQ
02-08-2011, 03:31 PM

We would love to see the "ringers" come on down here. We usually have to go to them!

ThomEmery
02-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Who are you cooking with? Gilbert's warm, isn't it? :thumb:

Been known to be very nice there

RangerJ
02-08-2011, 03:45 PM
It varies by location. I won't go back to the Dallas location, but all of the Austin locations have been solid when I've been there.

Elvis combo for lunch on Friday, and I'm carbbed up until dinner on Saturday:becky:

Jorge's true roots are becoming suspect..

A. He's from the 3rd Ranger Battallion, a discussion better left offline.

B. Chuy's? Versus Matts El Rancho?

C. if they have not been there, a trip to the Salt Lick would seem to be in order.

D. Aggies beat TU this year,...Gig 'em!

Jorge
02-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Well... We are probably the most admired and feared groups in all of BBQ...

:becky:

You forgot to add "humble":-P:laugh: