PDA

View Full Version : No odds for Region 1?

Bigmista
02-11-2011, 11:00 AM
goodbuddiesbbq you didn't do odds for region 1 in the Sam's Club contest. How about posting them here?

G$
02-11-2011, 11:18 AM
"East Coast Bias".

Bbq Bubba
02-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Maybe because all the fields aren't full yet?

Jacked UP BBQ
02-11-2011, 11:57 AM
he hasnt done region 5 VA

goodbuddiesbbq
02-11-2011, 12:47 PM
The BBQ community has all eyes on this contest. You've got the best from the west vs. Iowa Smokey D's. Never has a man had to carry such a heavy load out west then in this epic battle.

"If it wasn't for the west...bbq cooks wouldn't have to wear a vest around their chest"

Bigmista...I had dinner with you and Jimmy, Phil, Chad, Mike, Bill & Ted at the Royal. With that being said...here we go! The west has the judges trained to eat the sweet meat, but Smokey D's pulls in a RGC.

Play of the day: Smokey D's flys out on his G6 seven minutes after awards.
1. Rhythm 'n QUE
2. Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ
3. left coast q
4. Slap Yo Daddy BBQ
5. mcfrankenboo bbq
6. Bigmista's Barbecue
7. BBQThom.com
8. Smoked To The Bone
9. BBQ Castaways (unknown team to make some noise)
10. Little Miss BBQ
11. Whiskey Ranch
12. four q
13. SIN CITY SMOKERS
14. Loot N' Booty BBQ
15. Route 66 Catering Crew

No death threats...my voicemail is actually full:-D:-D:-D.

goodbuddiesbbq
02-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Still needs about 5 teams, but there are about 7 teams that I see that have a real chance to win that one right now. Just so you know...I'm hiding in Region 5...not gonna tell you where.

I will tell you this...I know what sauce everybody uses that has ever competed...it is in our database. Our research team spends thousands of hours each year tracking this information. The truth is...your pork sauce, that you are currently using, from what I have read in threads has a bit too much heat at the end straight out of the bottle. I like it like that, but you will want to take some of the sting off it with the judges.

Don't make me say the sauce name...it's good...advice from a friend. Digital Shigging - I am the future.

I can read between all the lines!

As of right now...I have you in a 2nd to 4th place range at your event. It depends on who pops in the last few seconds.

Jacked UP BBQ
02-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Go ahead call out my sauce right here.

Jacked UP BBQ
02-11-2011, 01:41 PM
I bet you are picking grogs and hogs to win???

goodbuddiesbbq
02-11-2011, 01:55 PM
I replied to your message...am I right?

Big Poppa
02-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Big Poppa Smokers must be 16th.....

Plowboy
02-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Big Poppa Smokers will make the Regionals. Apparently, they are a dark horse in this race. It is going to happen.

goodbuddiesbbq
02-11-2011, 02:18 PM
You're in Sacramento...this is for the event to go to the regionals.

Take it easy...the computers never make mistakes.

I can feel Sacramento needing to be next now...let me fire up the TRS-80 again to compute Sac Town.

Jacked UP BBQ
02-11-2011, 02:25 PM

You are not correct. I would admit it if you got it right. I can tell you that my pork sauce does not come straight from a bottle. It has about 15 ingredients.

goodbuddiesbbq
02-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Have you ever heard of the stuff that I guessed...if not, give it a try?

Jacked UP BBQ
02-11-2011, 02:36 PM
I have never heard of it, but I will give it a try. Thanks

Ron_L
02-11-2011, 02:57 PM
I will tell you this...I know what sauce everybody uses that has ever competed...it is in our database. Our research team spends thousands of hours each year tracking this information.

Where is this database, and where does your research team get their information?

I'm also curious on what you are basing your predictions. It will be fun to see how close they are once the events are done. I haven't seen any for the region 4 events except Traverse City.

goodbuddiesbbq
02-11-2011, 03:04 PM
With a 98.8% certainty rate, here it is:

This one had some meat on the bones...there could be a flyer swing by and pick one up here. If I could get aboard Smokey D's and be G6'n with the sunroof top and have picked a spot...it may have dropped me off here.

The top three are as close to locks as you are gonna find at any of these events...with that being said...Region 1 is looking a bit soft folks.

1. All Sauced Up
2. smokinyankeesbbq
3. Big Poppa Smokers
4. Piggy D's BBQ
5. all hogs go to heaven
6. Smokey Luv BBQ
7. Tropical Heat BBQ
8. Smokey's Bar-B-Que
9. Simply Marvelous BBQ
10. Big Shot BBQ
11. Ash Kickin' Smokers
12. Too Ashamed to Name
13. Rock's Barbque
14. Ric's Righteous Ribs

Don't fight my children :-D:-D:-D

big brother smoke
02-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Hope your database is farked :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goodbuddiesbbq
02-11-2011, 03:21 PM
And you are on the bubble...you could still get in. However, there is only a 1.2% chance of that happening.

sitnfat
02-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Region 3 odds?

chopshop
02-11-2011, 03:59 PM

man you went from so sure to not even close! remind of a poker player, always know what the other guys hand is. guess the database needs some fine tuning. Just by going by what teams purchase from stores is far from fool proof. i buy about 20 new rubs and sauces a year just to try em. i guess your database would show a LOT of ingredients in my sauce.

chopshop
02-11-2011, 04:03 PM
my database tells me that you buy a lot of ragu for lasagna

Sylvie
02-11-2011, 04:17 PM
The BBQ community has all eyes on this contest. You've got the best from the west vs. Iowa Smokey D's. Never has a man had to carry such a heavy load out west then in this epic battle.

"If it wasn't for the west...bbq cooks wouldn't have to wear a vest around their chest"

Bigmista...I had dinner with you and Jimmy, Phil, Chad, Mike, Bill & Ted at the Royal. With that being said...here we go! The west has the judges trained to eat the sweet meat, but Smokey D's pulls in a RGC.

1. Rhythm 'n QUE
2. Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ
3. left coast q
4. Slap Yo Daddy BBQ
5. mcfrankenboo bbq
6. Bigmista's Barbecue
7. BBQThom.com
8. Smoked To The Bone
10. Little Miss BBQ
11. Whiskey Ranch
12. four q
13. SIN CITY SMOKERS
14. Loot N' Booty BBQ

I guess I should be happy I'm not in the bottom half.:drama:

goodbuddiesbbq
02-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Ragu is a good base for lasagna...it's no Prego, but what is???

When Jacked Up tries the sauce I guessed, it will be a closer "base" to his "finished product" then what he is currently using.

If he is not making his sauce from scratch (nobody does that anymore...except for me).

You may be surprised at what our database knows. It is 96.4% accurate!!!

Rich Parker
02-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Ragu is a good base for lasagna...it's no Prego, but what is???

When Jacked Up tries the sauce I guessed, it will be a closer "base" to his "finished product" then what he is currently using.

If he is not making his sauce from scratch (nobody does that anymore...except for me).

You may be surprised at what our database knows. It is 96.4% accurate!!!

With those wild predictions I am glad you are only 96.4% accurate 2% of the time. :tape:

goodbuddiesbbq
02-11-2011, 04:45 PM
With those wild predictions I am glad you are only 96.4% accurate 2% of the time. :tape:

Our computer seems to be spot on...who did we miss that you would like to speak on behalf of?

Our computer is very interested? Has there been an arrest in the last 24 hours...we only update every 48 hours.

Alexa RnQ
02-11-2011, 05:00 PM
http://www.divaherself.com/funny/shiner.gif

Rich Parker
02-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Our computer seems to be spot on...who did we miss that you would like to speak on behalf of?

Our computer is very interested? Has there been an arrest in the last 24 hours...we only update every 48 hours.

ome good names in this one as well. When the smoke clears...with a 98.4% (our most accurate to date) predictions, we have as follows:

1. EXTREME ROASTERS
2. Diva Q
3. The BBQ Guru
4. Shigs In Pit
5. cancersuckschicago.com
6. Rubbed,Smoked,and Sauced BBQ
7. Steel Smokin' BBQ
8. Great Lakes BBQ & Feed Co
9. Ribs & Bibs
10. bronze star bbq
11. Bavariansmoke bbq
12. Can't Stop Grillin'
13. Ole Ken Chuckie
14. SPRUCE RIDGE SMOKERS

The serious crime is you don't even have iBQ'n in the top half. :drama:

ThomEmery
02-11-2011, 05:15 PM

1. Rhythm 'n QUE
2. Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ
3. left coast q
4. Slap Yo Daddy BBQ
5. mcfrankenboo bbq
6. Bigmista's Barbecue
7. BBQThom.com
8. Smoked To The Bone
10. Little Miss BBQ
11. Whiskey Ranch
12. four q
13. SIN CITY SMOKERS
14. Loot N' Booty BBQ

I do not know what your system is based on
But :) 7th in that crowd would be a happy day
because I know how good the teams you have below
7th are

Bbq Bubba
02-11-2011, 05:18 PM

The computer obviously doesnt know your the hardest workin man in BBQ? :rolleyes:

goodbuddiesbbq
02-11-2011, 05:35 PM
WOW...this may be one of the power brackets. Do not Smokey D's / G6 me anywhere near Memphis. Wow...world champions on the bubble and not making the cut???

This is where dreams are destroyed! With that being said:

Early Disclaimer: Don't threaten my kids, kids:-D:-D:-D

Smaller font equals the same thing as ducking!
1. The Long Dawgs
2. Swiggin' Pig
3. Lotta Bull BBQ (Royal Champ)
4. Delta Smoke
5. Lion Bout The Q
6. Yazoo's Delta Q (MBN Phenom)
7. 10 Bones BBQb
8. Smokers Wild (Royal Champ)
9. K & K Kookers
10. jiggy piggy
11. TNT Smokers
12. The EGGsequetive Council
13. Wardens Q
14. Pig Headed Smoking Crew
15. SHADETREECOOKS
16. Brewmasters Bar-B-Que

There are a lot of great teams that are not coming out of this location...wow!

goodbuddiesbbq
02-11-2011, 05:42 PM

15th place...kind of still the top half of 30???

huminie
02-11-2011, 06:19 PM
With a 98.8% certainty rate, here it is:

This one had some meat on the bones...there could be a flyer swing by and pick one up here. If I could get aboard Smokey D's and be G6'n with the sunroof top and have picked a spot...it may have dropped me off here.

The top three are as close to locks as you are gonna find at any of these events...with that being said...Region 1 is looking a bit soft folks.

1. All Sauced Up
2. smokinyankeesbbq
3. Big Poppa Smokers
4. Piggy D's BBQ
5. all hogs go to heaven
6. Smokey Luv BBQ
7. Tropical Heat BBQ
8. Smokey's Bar-B-Que
9. Simply Marvelous BBQ
10. Big Shot BBQ
11. Ash Kickin' Smokers
12. Too Ashamed to Name
13. Rock's Barbque
14. Ric's Righteous Ribs

Don't fight my children :-D:-D:-D

I guess it isn't even worth me showing up then. :suspicious:

landarc
02-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Steph is coming to Sacramento? When? There is a fantasy BBQ league?

sitnfat
02-11-2011, 06:43 PM
I am thankful I didn't sign up for Memphis a lot of those teams are the ones I compete agianst that's gonna be a tough comp!

Alexa RnQ
02-11-2011, 06:49 PM
I guess it isn't even worth me showing up then. :suspicious:
Let me tell you a little story about BBQ oddsmaking.

Once upon a time, before the Clovis contest in 2007, John Jackson was making odds -- purely for entertainment purposes. At the top of the list, of course, was QN4U. And way, way down at the bottom of the list, was a little team that nobody had ever heard of, who had never won a contest -- RnQ at 100 to 1.

At the end of that weekend, QN4U was holding one of the bronze Remington replicas, just as predicted as the favorite. But the team holding the other one for RGC was one of the very long shots from the bottom of the list.

Which is why to this day, in VQ's signature on CBBQA, is the line "A pretty good wager at 100-1".

I hope you'll have a similar story to tell!

Rick Hamilton
02-11-2011, 07:25 PM
So I need to know oh great oddsmaker...do I have a chance of making it to NY? I have heard of these computers that you speak of and am awed by their power. What furture do they see for me?

goodbuddiesbbq
02-11-2011, 07:57 PM
You will get to NY...hopefully I will shake your hand there.

sitnfat
02-11-2011, 08:01 PM
lets see the Birmingham predictions!

goodbuddiesbbq
02-11-2011, 08:26 PM
I do not know what your system is based on
But :) 7th in that crowd would be a happy day
because I know how good the teams you have below
7th are

Thom...good luck with the KCBS BOD...I think that anything tech savvy to help those from the east meet the west and all the giant killers in the midwest is a great thing. Technology is what is going to take this hobby, job, sport, etc to the next level. You seem like a great ambassador for the sport.

If you ever need to borrow my computer for anything...let me know. It is accurate 98.5% of the time.

Pig Headed
02-11-2011, 08:31 PM
So who elso is going to NY with Rick from the Chesapeake local oh great Swami? Not asking for 100%, 98.5% will do. LOL

goodbuddiesbbq
02-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Our computer is 96.9% accurate and has seven teams that it thinks could possibly win this one.

Some really solid teams...if this was baseball...we would call them "gappers". They have warning track power, but can hit a lot of extra base hits...that is a compliment. Everybody gets caught up in the long ball...a lot of these teams are solid and consistent. That's a great thing.
1. South Pork
2. Warren County Pork Chopper
3. 2 Men and a Pig
4. DoRagQ
5. House of Q
6. Gettin Piggy With It
7. Big Pig Inc.
8. Smoke of The Shoals
9. Smokin Butt Crew
10. C R Butts
11. Late Night Whiskey Smokers
12. Cowboy Up (TN)
13. Rub Won Out
14. Bean Bandits
15. Butts, Bellies & Buddies

Don't threaten my kids...this is your 2nd warning:-D

goodbuddiesbbq
02-11-2011, 09:38 PM
So who elso is going to NY with Rick from the Chesapeake local oh great Swami? Not asking for 100%, 98.5% will do. LOL

Let's talk a bit...walk with me through my garden...those tomatoes are heirlooms dating back to 1919 when Chesapeake (prounounced shes-a-pok) was actually South Norfolk, before it became an actual city (1922)...and later Chesapeake in 1963.

What I'm trying to say is...this is difficult...you know how if you're outside the glass of a restaurant and Hambones by the Fire was in the restaurant (eating fried heirloom tomatoes).

Let me try it this way...keep walking with me to the green house of organics that I use to concoct all of my brines...have you ever thought about talking to Swamp Boys, Plowboys, IQue, or Cancersucks about your ASD? You know award show dysfunction? It's normal and a lot of teams suffer from it...don't be embarrased...walk with me....to the meadow. There is time...hey...chin up, sport...there is time...make that call today!

And you know what...maybe...just maybe...we'll all get a little pig headed in Chesapeake! Now go...run...at a medium pace and lets get that ticket punched for NY. Make that 3 slices of cheesecake Mr. Juniors Cheesecake person...1 for me...1 for Hambones...1 for Pig Headed.

Then we cook NY.

sitnfat
02-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Yeah I agree with the other guys you computer is off calibrated lol.

huminie
02-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Let me tell you a little story about BBQ oddsmaking.

Once upon a time, before the Clovis contest in 2007, John Jackson was making odds -- purely for entertainment purposes. At the top of the list, of course, was QN4U. And way, way down at the bottom of the list, was a little team that nobody had ever heard of, who had never won a contest -- RnQ at 100 to 1.

At the end of that weekend, QN4U was holding one of the bronze Remington replicas, just as predicted as the favorite. But the team holding the other one for RGC was one of the very long shots from the bottom of the list.

Which is why to this day, in VQ's signature on CBBQA, is the line "A pretty good wager at 100-1".

I hope you'll have a similar story to tell!

That is a cool story, and I have wondered what that quote meant.

This will be my first "real" contest, but I have been "training" for almost a year. Not sure how I will do, but I will know exactly what I need to do to pull it off. It will just be a matter of how I execute my plan.

Anyone know what my odds are so I can try for that similar story? :becky:

goodbuddiesbbq
02-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Yeah I agree with the other guys you computer is off calibrated lol.

We use the same accounting firm and calibration firm as they do for all Florida political elections. After, google has it's infrastructure team run its search and sort technology. Then the fine folks from The Richter Scale Co. make sure it is all weighted properly. It is rarely wrong...currently it is at 97.7% accuracy.

:-D

goodbuddiesbbq
02-11-2011, 10:02 PM
That is a cool story, and I have wondered what that quote meant.

This will be my first "real" contest, but I have been "training" for almost a year. Not sure how I will do, but I will know exactly what I need to do to pull it off. It will just be a matter of how I execute my plan.

Anyone know what my odds are so I can try for that similar story? :becky:

If you want to know what the computer says...lets take a walk.

To move to the regionals: 18:1
To win your location: 50:1
To move to the nationals: 100:1
To win this entire event: 1000:1

Our computer is backed by Thermapen Dual Processors for fast processing speed.

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D the computer said it...not me.

Big Poppa
02-11-2011, 10:05 PM
YOu are a very funny man Thanks for the entertainment and very accuarate thermapens!

huminie
02-11-2011, 10:16 PM
If you want to know what the computer says...lets take a walk.

To move to the regionals: 18:1
To win your location: 50:1
To move to the nationals: 100:1
To win this entire event: 1000:1

Our computer is backed by Thermapen Dual Processors for fast processing speed.

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D the computer said it...not me.

Sounds about right to me! :becky:

RedPig
02-11-2011, 11:53 PM
Hmmm. Your numbers can't be right. Your thermapen is a highly sophisticated measuring instrument. But since this is a national contest, held at various elevations nationwide and your thermapen is calibrated for your location, it can't be accurate. Get the upgrade that has the barometric anomaly preset to auto.