PDA

View Full Version : Contest Announcment Eckerts Dadfest, Belleville, IL - June 17-18, 2011

4 smokin butts
02-11-2011, 08:40 AM
contest announcement eckerts dadfest june 17-18 belleville il. 5000.00 cash ,dessert,sauce, anything butt

Mod Edit: I added the competition details to the thread title. Please follow the guidelines for competition announcements posted here (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77537).

E Mellow
02-11-2011, 09:50 AM
Just those three catagories or am I missing something here? It doesn't seems like it would take 2 days to cook anything butt, dessert, and sauce. Have a website or contact person for this?

4 smokin butts
02-11-2011, 10:09 AM
kcbs event chick,ribs,porkBUTT,brisket friday night, sauce,anything butt ,dessert,,,contact number on kcbs events,,web site will be up soon

nthole
02-11-2011, 12:10 PM
Unfortunate that it's the weekend right before the Cars Blues and BBQ that is a first time contest just up the road in Alton. Back to back first years so close together. Seems like you might be cannibalizing each other.

We'll do one for sure, but can't do both. Do they have any information yet? Site, cost, etc?

E Mellow
02-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Unfortunate that it's the weekend right before the Cars Blues and BBQ that is a first time contest just up the road in Alton. Back to back first years so close together. Seems like you might be cannibalizing each other.

We'll do one for sure, but can't do both. Do they have any information yet? Site, cost, etc?

Alton is actually in its second year, they were SLBS sanctioned last year. Right in the downtown section it was a pretty cool set up really.

I think both contest should do fine, Its about time the STL area started to get more comps.

4 smokin butts
02-11-2011, 12:27 PM
nice paved parking lot or some grassy area, electric,water,nice prize pool....all info and apps should be up next friday....linked to kcbs events page

Bbq Bubba
02-11-2011, 12:40 PM
5 grand is a nice prize pool?

ammoore
02-11-2011, 01:08 PM
I've seen worse.

Morgan12
02-11-2011, 08:32 PM
I think 5k is pretty good for for a first year event. I know ours has alot of first year input cost (we are starting with nothing), I'm Thinking 3k for 15-19 teams; 4K for 20-24 teams; 5K for 25-30 and so on. Thats with a $200 buy in, I'm gonna set my payout at 3.5k 90 days out and will be sure to up it as teams sign up more. I want to try to keep it as close to 100% payout as possible. Sponsors are hard to come by in a town of 950 people but I think I got it under control. Hope to meet some of you at Ekerts!

nthole
02-12-2011, 12:15 AM
Alton is actually in its second year, they were SLBS sanctioned last year. Right in the downtown section it was a pretty cool set up really.

I think both contest should do fine, Its about time the STL area started to get more comps.

Ok, first year KCBS, which draws a different crowd than the SLBS...much broader.

I'm in complete agreement it's great the area is getting more contests, I just wish someone would use a calendar and maybe not book everything back to back. A week between Washington and Hazelwood, back to back Alton and Belleville, back to back St. Peters and Hermann and then just one week after that downtown St. Louis. That's 7 contests in a 7 month period (roughly 28 weeks) that are all being done within a 10 week period (granted there are a few not included there, Pacific for instance). Still, seems like they could do a better job spreading things around. Example, not a single contest in the Metro STL area right now in all of May.

Morgan12
02-12-2011, 03:21 AM
I know when I was looking for dates for our first cookoff (this year) There was only one weekend open in May and one in July that hay nobody anywear near us (Hannibal MO Terra Huate IN are the closest). Being May has a higher chance of rain than July and we already had our TRuck pulls set for July because some farmers are still in the field around here in May. There at first wasn't anyone around having a cookoff then Taylorville changed dates to the weekend after ours. I spoke witht them and we both thought maybe it would help draw some people in because our towns are close together some teams might just stay up in the area? As a first time organizer I know its hard to get dates and we have to do ours in the Summer because we are a farming community. I'd love to do an October cook off but there are so many close to us we'd never be able to get a date. Also the town wouldn't let us do it durning Harvest I already asked.

E Mellow
02-12-2011, 10:27 AM
Ok, first year KCBS, which draws a different crowd than the SLBS...much broader.

I'm in complete agreement it's great the area is getting more contests, I just wish someone would use a calendar and maybe not book everything back to back. A week between Washington and Hazelwood, back to back Alton and Belleville, back to back St. Peters and Hermann and then just one week after that downtown St. Louis. That's 7 contests in a 7 month period (roughly 28 weeks) that are all being done within a 10 week period (granted there are a few not included there, Pacific for instance). Still, seems like they could do a better job spreading things around. Example, not a single contest in the Metro STL area right now in all of May.

I def hear what you are trying to say. If you are willing to drive a few hours to columbia, southest mo, or central IL it can help fill that void. Also I really think weather has something to do with it. When the heat index is already approaching 100+ in June and July putting a bunch of hot bbq smokers in a parking lot will only add to the heat.