PDA

View Full Version : Sams Club Series - Sacramento California

bearnakedbbq
02-07-2011, 10:17 AM
I am interested in entering this competition, but....

I am located in Alaska and don't have the desire to ship my Pellet grill down for one comp.

Anyone in the Sacramento California area willing to rent or loan me a grill for this comp? Need to know like ASAP since we have to apply tomorrow.

Troy
907-841-0789

BBQ Grail
02-07-2011, 10:41 AM
I am interested in entering this competition, but....

I am located in Alaska and don't have the desire to ship my Pellet grill down for one comp.

Anyone in the Sacramento California area willing to rent or loan me a grill for this comp? Need to know like ASAP since we have to apply tomorrow.

Troy
907-841-0789

What do you need/want?

bearnakedbbq
02-07-2011, 01:43 PM
I guess I should have posted my needs.

I current use a Traeger grill, but I am sure I can operate any of them. At a minimum I would need one Texas size grill, but I would prefer to have 2 or 3.

I will be bringing my own tools, sauces, meats etc….. I also would need to have a place to purchase the pellets.

Willing to barter, or rent let me know what works for you.

troy

Tarheel
02-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Another question for you not associated with the Sams Club deal, are there many comps in AK? I know there is always someone from AK at the Jack every year and was wondering where the comps were.

huminie
02-07-2011, 03:54 PM
You may want to post up on the CBBQA.org website...although there may be a lot of teams vying for those 30 spots.

rlncookinbbq
02-07-2011, 04:18 PM
I live near indianapolis in. If u can come there I will bring all my stuff for you to use.
HOOSIER QUE DADDY:-D

huminie
02-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Indy is a Regional...you have to do well in a local qualifier first...those are in IL, MI, WI, and MN for the Indianapolis region.

BBQ Grail
02-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Troy,

You got the list of what I have. It's all at your disposal, just let me know.

bearnakedbbq
02-09-2011, 08:14 PM
Another question for you not associated with the Sams Club deal, are there many comps in AK? I know there is always someone from AK at the Jack every year and was wondering where the comps were.

Not many, but will be trying to increase them this summer. Problem is/was that all the members of the Alaska BBQ Association are from the Fairbanks area, where 70% of the states population is in the Anchorage area.

I have asked and been granted to open at south chapter of the ABA, so my goal this summer is to spread the art of BBQ to a virgin territory. So far the response has been positive and hopefully we will get a few more events this year.

I competed in my first comp last year at the State Championship and I am now addicted. I have been to 3 BBQ classes within the last 4 months and am currently in the planning stages on having the largest BBQ event in Alaska. It will be June 11th and 12th will prizes $$$ over $10,000.

bearnakedbbq
02-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Troy,

You got the list of what I have. It's all at your disposal, just let me know.

I would like to thank you for your offer. I am going to be the Alaska rep for Green Mt pellet grills and they are going to hook me up with a few grills for the Sacramento event.

This will be my first KCBS event so take it easy on me!

troy

JD McGee
02-09-2011, 09:37 PM
I would like to thank you for your offer. I am going to be the Alaska rep for Green Mt pellet grills and they are going to hook me up with a few grills for the Sacramento event.

troy

Outstanding...good luck Troy! :thumb:

Plowboy
02-09-2011, 09:42 PM

troy

Awesome, man!!!! Enjoy.

I bet you could get some "mainlanders" to come up there in the summer for an event. Would be a blast!!

bearnakedbbq
02-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Awesome, man!!!! Enjoy.

I bet you could get some "mainlanders" to come up there in the summer for an event. Would be a blast!!

Early June is the best time to visit Alaska. I suppose if we ever got the purse high enought people would come.

Hopefully this one goes well so we can do it again next year.

troy

I noticed only one team from the PNWBA, what's up with that?

BBQ Grail
02-09-2011, 09:50 PM

troy

Sounds like a great plan. If you need and/or desire some assistance let me know.

bearnakedbbq
02-09-2011, 10:34 PM
Sounds like a great plan. If you need and/or desire some assistance let me know.

Thanks again for the offer. I might take you up on this one! So far it is just me.

troy

bigdogphin
02-09-2011, 11:14 PM
Early June is the best time to visit Alaska. I suppose if we ever got the purse high enought people would come.

Hopefully this one goes well so we can do it again next year.

troy

I noticed only one team from the PNWBA, what's up with that?

My Brother lives in Anchorage... and if you organize an event there I may come up and cook with him. Please post the info if you have it.

BTW There are 3 PNWBA teams going to Sacramento.

Good Luck.

bearnakedbbq
02-11-2011, 05:20 PM
My Brother lives in Anchorage... and if you organize an event there I may come up and cook with him. Please post the info if you have it..

having one June 11th and 12th

bearnakedbbq
02-11-2011, 07:43 PM

Just purchased an airline ticket, hotel and rental car, so I guess I am coming to Sacramento! Unfortunately, I will be by myself on this competition.

It doesn’t make sense money wise to ship a lot of items that way. It looks like I will need to rent, borrow, or barter for a few items.
§ 10X10 tent
§ Fire extinguisher Wash Station
§ What else am I missing?

How do I find out if they have other categories? It would be nice if they had a salmon category. Not a rookie with Salmon!

So if someone ones to help out, I buy the beers!

Vince RnQ
02-11-2011, 08:39 PM
Wow! Good for you! I'll bet you get lots of offers of help.

BBQ Grail
02-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Just purchased an airline ticket, hotel and rental car, so I guess I am coming to Sacramento! Unfortunately, I will be by myself on this competition.

It doesn’t make sense money wise to ship a lot of items that way. It looks like I will need to rent, borrow, or barter for a few items.
§ 10X10 tent
§ Fire extinguisher Wash Station
§ What else am I missing?

How do I find out if they have other categories? It would be nice if they had a salmon category. Not a rookie with Salmon!

So if someone ones to help out, I buy the beers!

Well, I don't do many comps so I'm not really qualified to help you know what you need. Put together a list and I'm sure there are local brethren members who can help.

This is a KCBS comp so chances are you are out of luck with a salmon category.

Also, I'm afraid I have been committed to helping Big Brother Smoke that weekend. First to, officially, ask... I can probably help you get from the airport to the hotel...

Got to organize a Friday night Pot Luck...

landarc
02-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Wait, BBQ Grail and Big Brother Smoke will be there?

BBQ Grail
02-11-2011, 10:05 PM
Wait, BBQ Grail and Big Brother Smoke will be there?

I will be helping BBS win...

landarc
02-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Maybe I should help Bearnekkid wreak havoc on your plans. If only I knew how mobile I would be on that weekend.

bearnakedbbq
02-13-2011, 11:05 AM
Thinking about saving some weight and $$$ buy purchasing my brisket and chicken once i get to Sacramento. So where is the best place in the Sacramento area to get Brisket and chicken?

BBQ Grail
02-13-2011, 11:11 AM
Thinking about saving some weight and $$$ buy purchasing my brisket and chicken once i get to Sacramento. So where is the best place in the Sacramento area to get Brisket and chicken?

Where are you staying?

Smart & Final
Restaurant Depot
Sam's
Costco

We got them all...

bearnakedbbq
02-13-2011, 11:27 AM
Where are you staying?

Smart & Final
Restaurant Depot
Sam's
Costco

We got them all...

I get into Sac around 1730 on Thursday and will be staying at the Residence inn near the Sam’s Club; at least it looked near on the Google map.

Not familiar with Smart and Final or Restaurant Depot am with Sam's and Costco, but haven't been to impressed with the meat we get from them, but then again we are in Alaska and don't get that high of quality meat. Was thinking about placing an order with Snake River, but it is still just a thought.

Thanks agian for all you advice and help. Hope to see you at the event!

troy

BBQ Grail
02-13-2011, 11:37 AM
I get into Sac around 1730 on Thursday and will be staying at the Residence inn near the Sam’s Club; at least it looked near on the Google map.

Not familiar with Smart and Final or Restaurant Depot am with Sam's and Costco, but haven't been to impressed with the meat we get from them, but then again we are in Alaska and don't get that high of quality meat. Was thinking about placing an order with Snake River, but it is still just a thought.

Thanks agian for all you advice and help. Hope to see you at the event!

troy

If you place the order with Snake River and want to ship it to my house you can. I'll keep it in the "BBQ" refrigerator for you. Or freeze if you want. Just let me know...

bearnakedbbq
02-15-2011, 02:26 PM
I am coming to Sac to compete, but I need to rent or borrow a few items.

I am in need of:

10x10 tent
Fire extinguisher
Wash Station (maybe can use someone elses)
Tables. (2) six foot tables shoud be fine
Extension cords. (using two green mt pellet grills)

Can't think of anything else.

Troy
907-841-0789

bearnakedbbq
02-15-2011, 08:02 PM
Don't have to beg anymore, someone felt sorry for me!

Not really, someone that wasn’t able to secure a spot in the competition called and wants to help out.

OUTSTANDING!!!! Now I can just concentrate on cooking.

Just wanted to thank everyone for all your advice and help.

If you ever make it up to Alaska or need some advice about Alaska just email or call me.

troy

big brother smoke
02-15-2011, 11:29 PM
Looking forward to meeting you, bearnakedbbq! Let me know if you need anything else.

Steph